The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Luongo going to Leafs. Book it. And MG will get great return.

Toronto ownership wants Luongo bad, they are cable companies after all. BB pbbly wasn't giving in so BB gets fired. Great news for Vancouver because this means MG will get lots in return.

I hope Gillis handles this well and doesnt posture up and hardline them thinking theyre weak and ask for gardiner biggs kadri and a 1st or no deal.

I think we may be in a position to gain here, but I hope he doesnt get carried away. All in all I trust him. The next few days should be very interesting.

I hope Gillis handles this well and doesnt posture up and hardline them thinking theyre weak and ask for gardiner biggs kadri and a 1st or no deal.

I think we may be in a position to gain here, but I hope he doesnt get carried away. All in all I trust him. The next few days should be very interesting.

Luongo going to Leafs. Book it. And MG will get great return.

Toronto ownership wants Luongo bad, they are cable companies after all. BB pbbly wasn't giving in so BB gets fired. Great news for Vancouver because this means MG will get lots in return.

Take trade rumors with a grain of salt bud.

There is no way in hell 2 GMs making a trade would ever leak out this kind of information while negotiating.

You must remember the people involved in these trades have families and a life outside of hockey and I am pretty sure MG and DN (now I guess) honor that.

Any insider including Dreger make an educated guess.

People think stuff like this goes on behind close doors

Ring ring

Gillis - Mike Gillis here

Dreger - hey mike, what's going on its dregs

Gillis - oh nothing just drinking a lucky lager and negotiating a deal for with Nonis involving Roberto, Bozak, kadri, and a 1st.

Dreger - oh ya, you close?

Gillis - you know it bro

Dreger - can I tweet everyone

Gillis - please.

Dreger - sweet, later bud.

Gillis - anytime.

There is no way in hell 2 GMs making a trade would ever leak out this kind of information while negotiating.

You must remember the people involved in these trades have families and a life outside of hockey and I am pretty sure MG and DN (now I guess) honor that.

Ring ring

Gillis - oh nothing just drinking a lucky lager and negotiating a deal for with Nonis involving Roberto, Bozak, kadri, and a 1st.

Gillis - you know it bro

Gillis - please.

Gillis - anytime.

Ring ring

Gillis - you know it bro

Gillis - please.

Gillis - anytime.

With Nonuts taking over, lest we forget the original trade that brought Luongo here:

Roberto Luongo, Lukas Krajicek, 2006 sixth round pick (#163-Sergei Shirokov) for

Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen, Alex Auld, 2007 conditional sixth round pick (not exercised)

With that in mind, thinking similar structure:

Roberto Luongo, Kevin Connauton, Pick for

Gunnarson, Reimer, Bozak, Conditional pick?

I suppose you could argue Franson or Kadri instead of Gunnarson or Bozak.

With Nonuts taking over, lest we forget the original trade that brought Luongo here:

Roberto Luongo, Lukas Krajicek, 2006 sixth round pick (#163-Sergei Shirokov) for

Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen, Alex Auld, 2007 conditional sixth round pick (not exercised)

Archived