The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

With Nonuts taking over, lest we forget the original trade that brought Luongo here:

Roberto Luongo, Lukas Krajicek, 2006 sixth round pick (#163-Sergei Shirokov) for

Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen, Alex Auld, 2007 conditional sixth round pick (not exercised)

With that in mind, thinking similar structure:

Roberto Luongo, Kevin Connauton, Pick for

Gunnarson, Reimer, Bozak, Conditional pick?

I suppose you could argue Franson or Kadri instead of Gunnarson or Bozak.

Not sold on Gardiner or Kadri, actually. Good young players, i guess, with Gardiner having offensive upside, but both are softish. Gardiner's currently concussed too.

However, we could work with them. Maybe they can get tougher.

I'm not sold on Gillis' mentality. Should he really be looking for prospects? Meh, perhaps if he's working on the future of this team.

He should really be looking at Grabovski and Weiss. Yeah, they have hefty salaries, but who cares? Not like its gonna hurt any of our wallets. Get either of them..

Sedin

Kesler

Grabovski/Weiss

Lapierre/Malhotra

That's a very, very solid group of centers.

I'm feeling lazy with the whole cap thing, but i'm pretty sure a 1 for 1 trade would work for both teams in terms of cap?

I'm not sold on Gillis' mentality. Should he really be looking for prospects? Meh, perhaps if he's working on the future of this team.

He should really be looking at Grabovski and Weiss. Yeah, they have hefty salaries, but who cares? Not like its gonna hurt any of our wallets. Get either of them..

Sedin

Kesler

Grabovski/Weiss

Lapierre/Malhotra

That's a very, very solid group of centers.

I'm feeling lazy with the whole cap thing, but i'm pretty sure a 1 for 1 trade would work for both teams in terms of cap?

I would way rather have Gardiner and Kadri over Grabovski or especially Weiss. Not even close. You are getting to top tier prospects, one at C and one on D. This would be a great deal for Vancouver.

And I really like Grabovski. He's a great team mate, plays both ends of ice and is a leader. But Gardiner is a future 1st pairing Dman and Kadri a future 2nd line C and maybe even 1st line C.

You would give up Luongo, and the needed cap relief, for Grabovskis albatross of a contract.

Part of this deal is to allow the Canucks to have the option of resigning Edler.

If the Canucks could get Weiss and Bjugstad - it would be perfect, as it feels an immediate issue and a long term one.

You would give up Luongo, and the needed cap relief, for Grabovskis albatross of a contract.

Part of this deal is to allow the Canucks to have the option of resigning Edler.

If the Canucks could get Weiss and Bjugstad - it would be perfect, as it feels an immediate issue and a long term one.

Archived