3455 replies to this topic

#1081 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Edler heading out and Grossman/Schenn coming in puts our payroll at $25M next season just for defensemen. Cory and a backup is $5M more. Top line is $16.7M. If Kes, Booth, and Jannik are the second line, that's $10.6M. That leaves about $6M for 5 forwards after Kassian.

I'd really love to see more proposals where our third d-pairing combines for about $2M so that we can afford some balanced talent up front.

#1082 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

give em Raymond and a bottle of crown royal just for being a swell trading partner.. I'd lose it, forget about the lockout and buy double schenn jerseys if that went down.

Say what you will about Raymond, but Philly is really weak at the LW position.

Actually, Philly seems strongest in all the positions we are weakest, and vice versa..
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1083 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Dream trades

Schenns, Simmonds
For
Lu, Raymond, Edler

Or

Couturier, Simmonds
For
Lu, Raymond, Sauve, 3rd

Or

Gardiner/Rielly, Bozak
For
Lu, Sauve

#1084 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

One bad playoffs and all the bandwagon fans in this city throw you under the bus. First Luongo then Edler. I shutter at the thought of who will be the scapegoat once Luongo is gone. Back to the Sedins? Schnedier? Edler again?

SYvE9NH.gif

#1085 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

It is a ridiculous rumour but that's the beauty of trade rumours (most trade details aren't leaked before the actual deal goes through).

Grossman is choice #1 and Brayden Schenn is the fall back option #2? That sentence in itself makes zero sense but it was a fun little discussion nonetheless.

Exactly, some people take it too seriously sometimes. I obviously don't think we're getting both schenn brothers. But it's a fun thought to entertain, what if Philly wanted to get in the running for Lu and Edler.

#1086 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,286 posts

Removing our Top d man for a couple bottom 6 defence man and the chances go down and to be honest right now in my opinion with the holes we have and with a condensed shortened season with a lot of our key players being veterans and not seeing live action in 8 months im a little nervous about this team , Oilers i think are going to be the team to watch this year

Well the question would be, would downgrading to this D:

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Schenn
Ballard Grossman

Be worth this offense:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schenn Hansen
Raymond Malhotra Lapierre

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1087 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

One bad playoffs and all the bandwagon fans in this city throw you under the bus. First Luongo then Edler. I shutter at the thought of who will be the scapegoat once Luongo is gone. Back to the Sedins? Schnedier? Edler again?

I wanted Lu to stay. Sadly, I have come to terms with that not being an option in reality.

I like Edler and he has a fantastic shot. But I am just looking at our cap scenario, future cap considerations, and long term effects signing him to an 8 year deal could have on this teams flexibility.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1088 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Actually, Philly seems strongest in all the positions we are weakest, and vice versa..

A couple schenns, maybe a grossman or talbot and I'd be happy to give them Lu eddy and mason

#1089 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,286 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I don't think anyone's throwing Edler under the bus. They realize he has value, and there's a chance he might not re-sign with us. If that's the case, a good GM would at least check out his options.

I think most people would agree that re-signing him is the best option. But only Gillis knows if that's going to be possible. Either way, letting valuable assets walk for nothing has not helped this team in the past. If we had a chance to solidify our future a bit, it would have to be at least considered.

Posted Image

#1090 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Another thing to note about Schenn being a downgrade on Edler.

He may not have the same output as Edler, and may have a worse +/- but there are two factors that play into this.
1. He was on the leafs.
2. He has averaged about 20 seconds of PP time in his 4 seasons.

He has also shown the capability to play 20+ minutes a game.
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1091 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

That's not true if they are planning on playing Brayden Schenn there.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1092 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Dream trades

Schenns, Simmonds
For
Lu, Raymond, Edler

Or

Couturier, Simmonds
For
Lu, Raymond, Sauve, 3rd

Or

Gardiner/Rielly, Bozak
For
Lu, Sauve

So your saying Edlers value is the equivalent Sauve and a 3rd ? Because at this point Couturier and Shenns value is about the same , There both have potential to be good number 2 centers
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#1093 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Schenns, Couturier, Simmonds

Lu, Kes, Edler, Raymond

#1094 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

So your saying Edlers value is the equivalent Sauve and a 3rd ? Because at this point Couturier and Shenns value is about the same , There both have potential to be good number 2 centers

Schenns plural. Really want Simmonds and Couturier.

Edited by sampy, 09 January 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#1095 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

You're really good at ignoring reality, aren't you? I guess if you want to erase the memory of the 6, 7, and 8 goal humiliations in between those 7 wins, yeah, sure, I guess...

If you want to blame him I guess you didn't watch the series, since we scored 8 goals in 7 games and he single handedly won us games 1,2 and 5 vs BOS and he was also spectacular in every win vs Chicago.

How anyone can blame Luongo for the loss is beyond me.

zackass.png

#1096 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,108 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Edler heading out and Grossman/Schenn coming in puts our payroll at $25M next season just for defensemen. Cory and a backup is $5M more. Top line is $16.7M. If Kes, Booth, and Jannik are the second line, that's $10.6M. That leaves about $6M for 5 forwards after Kassian.

I'd really love to see more proposals where our third d-pairing combines for about $2M so that we can afford some balanced talent up front.

Kesler is on IR, that's $5 mil right there.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#1097 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Has Luongo arrived in Van Yet?

I dont think so,

I wonder why...
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1098 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

They can't afford Dipietro' contract because it means they also have to have Nabokov at another 2.75 and Nilsson is another 1.8... That's 9 million in cap hit Smashian.
Dipietro and Nabokov are not exactly Lundqvist or Schneider/Luongo.
Luongo gives them a guy who can play 70 games for 5.3. That's how they handle it - it's a huge savings.

And adding Luongo in place of dipietro only adds the the cap hit, so how can u say that's an issue when your deal just increases the problem.

Your missing the point anyways, there is no chance they are going to pay that price to ditch Dipietro's contract, Hamonic is the future of there defense, he and Reinhart (if Griffin's development goes as planned) will be the top pair for the next decade, Brock Nelson is someone they are really high on, Okposo is probablyh a 1st line forward now that Parenteau is gone, and that's just for Luongo, they wouldn't give Hamonic for Lu, then you also wante 2 top 15 picks and and a good prospect in Pokka.

There is no chance they are paying that price to add salary, upgrading there goaltending isn't a need anyways right now cause there team isn't good enough to mortgage the future right now, they have 2 capables goalies to help them in until they get better.

It's just makes no sense from there perspective, I doubt they would even trade you Hamonic & Nelson for Luongo. Maybe not even Hamonic alone.

No chance they would be on board, snowy isn't that dumb.

zackass.png

#1099 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't think Edler is going anywhere.

Luongo and Raymond for Grossmann and Scott Laughton

Edited by WHL rocks, 09 January 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#1100 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Phili can't absorb Lu's cap without giving us back as much, and they can't amnesty buyout Bryz til June. How can they make this trade now? We are not gonna take that wack job off their hands.
Posted Image

#1101 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,286 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Phili can't absorb Lu's cap without giving us back as much, and they can't amnesty buyout Bryz til June. How can they make this trade now? We are not gonna take that wack job off their hands.

They would have to trade him or waive him.

Or there's the possibility of loaning him to a Russian team.

If they really wanted to dump him, they could find a way. I don't see it happening till at least the summer, if it did happen.

Posted Image

#1102 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

If they really wanted to dump him, they could find a way. I don't see it happening till at least the summer, if it did happen.

Yeah me too. Trading him away would be harder than trading Luongo. At least Luongo is firmly elite. Bryzgalov is widely inconsistent. If they want Luongo now they would have to get rid of Bryz now. Phili has a lot more to offer us than Toronto or Florida, so the prospect is exciting but asset management wise I don't see it happening.
Posted Image

#1103 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,093 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

POPULAR

This was posted by Wyatt, haha!

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#1104 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Waiving Bryz does not make his cap hit go away according to new CBA. They would still pay him and count his cap hit so waiving makes little sense unless they are sure someone will claim him. Which most likely someone will NOT, if on reentry waivers someone claims him then Philly stuck with half his salary and cap.

Edited by WHL rocks, 09 January 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#1105 Dynamic Innovator

Dynamic Innovator

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Question 1: Can JVR play center for a few weeks?

Question 2: Can Hartnell play center for a few weeks?

#1106 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,819 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'd think someone would take him off waivers, but if they don't, Philly's still stuck with his cap hit. Same if he gets loaned to Europe. Anything above $900K in the minors or a European league will count against the NHL cap in the new CBA.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1107 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,819 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Waiving Bryz does not make his cap hit go away according to new CBA. They would still pay him and count his cap hit so waiving makes little sense unless they are sure someone will claim him. Which most likely someone will NOT, if on reentry waivers someone claims him then Philly stuck with half his salary and cap.

There are no more re-entry waivers in the new CBA.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1108 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I don't think Edler is going anywhere.

Luongo and Raymond for Grossmann and Scott Laughton

I wouldn't do that deal to be honest.

zackass.png

#1109 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

One thing that this lockout has taught me is that I am more interested in the off ice stuff like trades than I am regular season games.

Can we cut the season short and have an extra playoff series?

Philly can't buy out Bryzgalov until the summer so they would have both he and Luongo for the season unless Bryz agrees to waive his NMC for another team. He can't be waived with a no movement clause (not that it gives you cap relief anymore anyways).

The more teams in the hunt, the happier I am. I still have a hunch that the Florida owners push the move though. It really depends on the final wording of the clause allowing you to retain cap/salary in a trade. If you are allowed to retain one without the other it cinches him going to Florida. If we kept $2 million in salary but send the whole cap hit to Florida it works for both sides.

The original wording of that clause though suggested that if you kept salary, you had to keep the same proportion of the cap hit...

Edited by Provost, 09 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#1110 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,286 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Someone would definitely claim him. New York Islanders, Columbus Blue Jackets, Florida Panthers to name a few.

And didn't they eliminate re-entry waivers in the new CBA? That would just mean they would just re-call him.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.