The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Fetch us less? Let him play five games and he'll earn his rightful starting job back. Then Gillis can come to reality and trade Schneider.

Trading him already would be the biggest mistake.

I don't care if Lu goes to Toronto for Gardiner and two first picks... and chokes in t.o. and we c Schneider win 10 back to back cups and vezinas in the future. It's simply not the right choice to give the reigns of a team expectimg to compete for a cup to a guy who hasn't played a full season as a starter.

Umm WOW!!!!!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES TO EXPLAIN THROUGH YOUR THICKNESS DUDE!!!

1. They have a hole at center

2. IF KADRI IS AS GOOD AS YOU SAY WELL HE WOULD FILL THAT HOLE RIGHT!!!!

MY LOGIC ISN'T FLAWED YOURS IS!

I have said he's junk all along and thats why he can't fill that hole!!! Yet you say, the leafs are losing faith in him when they have that hole at center!!! WHAT DOES THAT TELL MOST LOGICAL HUMAN BEINGS!!!!

You are living proof our education system has failed. Reading comprehension is an important tool...go practice.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Umm WOW!!!!!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES TO EXPLAIN THROUGH YOUR THICKNESS DUDE!!!

1. They have a hole at center

2. IF KADRI IS AS GOOD AS YOU SAY WELL HE WOULD FILL THAT HOLE RIGHT!!!!

MY LOGIC ISN'T FLAWED YOURS IS!

I have said he's junk all along and thats why he can't fill that hole!!! Yet you say, the leafs are losing faith in him when they have that hole at center!!! WHAT DOES THAT TELL MOST LOGICAL HUMAN BEINGS!!!!

You are living proof our education system has failed. Reading comprehension is an important tool...go practice.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

You're saying Bozak, Gardiner, and a 1st isn't enough?

I think he meant he was speechless because it would be a good deal.

I think that deal would be perfect for what we need. We need a second line center to fill in for Kesler while he's out. We need a number 6/7 defenseman who could potentially replace Edler in the future if he walks. And the 1st round pick would just be a cherry on top.

Not exactly. Derick Brassard was one of the most productive offensive players in the entire NHL in 2008-09 (as a rookie). 25 points in 31 games, +12, and in very limited minutes.

There is a method behind the fact that I value him high - at least higher than whatever BS proposal you thought up for him (I believe it was the usual suspect - Mason Raymond). Yes, that's right; you wanted to acquire Derick Brassard. Remember?

dude relax. Kadri is still just a kid, he hasn't had a very successful development so far in the Tornoto system so hes fallen behind a bit, but he may still have a high ceiling, I think given the right curcumstances, perhaps growing with kassian, he could still turn out fine. The point is he is still super young and its pretty tough to tell how he will develop.

Also stop arguing with Smashian Kassian, hes one of the few people on this board whose opinion I actually value.

No I have no question Schults could be great.

You may recall our lengthy discussion before Schultz signed with EDM, you thought he would come to Vancouver and I argued no way he comes here as Edmonton made more sense for him to sign with. We are both familiar with the player.

I don't have a problem with where you think he will be in a few years. It was a bit of miscommunication on both our part. I thought your position was that all Oilers were already close because of the "could win division this year" post.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your living proof you can't read and have no hockey sense whatsoever, BTW I can turn it all around and make that same argument right back at you (Which is what you did in your reply) So no need to freak out & lose your cool like you actually know what your talking about, and everyone who doesn't agree with your dumb posts knows nothing in comparison to you.

When did I say Kadri was a first liner? I said he has the offensive skillset to play on our 2nd line, if not he is a good prospect, he wouldn't fill the Leafs hole on the 1st line infact I said that in my last post if you would learn to read.

Just stop, you obviously can't read and can't make an argument that actually present's logic.

YOU ARE AS DUMB AS BRICKS KID...you better get some help before you enter the real world because your logic and reading comprehension level is that of a 6 yr old.

If he is a HIGH QUALITY CENTER PROSPECT (1 OR 2) THE LEAFS WOULD NOT BE GIVING UP ON HIM. WHICH YOU SAID YOURSELF!!!!!

SECONDLY, I NEVER STATED YOU SAID HE'S A NUMBER 1 SO DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

MY POINT FOR THE 800TH TIME IS SIMPLE

IF HE IS SUCH A TERRIFIC CENTER AND THE LEAFS HAVE A HOLE A CENTER (AND NOWHERE DID I SAY JUST NUMBER 1 AND CLEARLY THEY HAVE ISSUES AT THE CENTER POSN IN GENERAL IF JVR IS BEING MOVED TO THAT POSN, AND THERE IS NEVER A REASON TO TRADE A PROMISING CENTER FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION IF YOU ARE WEAK IN THAT POSITION).

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU ARE SO ABSOLUTELY STUPID YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT BUT WHATEVER.

For the present, Bozak would fit this teams needs more than Kadri IMO.

Bozak can be a bandaid on the second line while Kesler is out, and then can drop down and be a much more suitable third liner. I don't think Kadri brings what we need for the playoffs. At least not yet.

As for the future, I think Gaunce will be a solid third liner in a few years. And for the time being, I think Schroeder is just as capable of filling in as Kadri would be. Both are softer sklled players.

And I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would have to be added, because Bozak adds less value to the trade considering he's a pending UFA.

adater ‏@adater

Quote:

Just heard what everyone else heard: Flyers are now players in Luongo hunt. #gameon

james duthie‏@tsnjamesduthie

Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

That makes Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston (if you believe Eklund) and now Philly as all in for Luongo. Courtier and Coburn for Luongo!

Archived