3455 replies to this topic

#1261 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

The buyout couldn't happen until the off-season, anyway, so Philly would then have nearly $12M allocated to their goaltenders (don't forget that Leighton is also currently signed) for the remainder of this season.

Do you think that's likely?

Philly's not realistically part of this equation until something is done with Bryz first.

Yeah, I don't think anyone looking at that scenerio would see a way they would do it with Bryz on the roster, everyone has the idea it would be in the offseason, I still don't see it cause the return wouldn't be good enough, it will be Matt Read+ And that isn't interesting from our perspective.

But if Luongo is still around and they do have something worthwhile to give us there is no issue with Buying of Bryz, Snider will do it with no issues if he really wants too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Kesler traded.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there pretty clearly is a strained relationship between Kesler/Overhardt/AV/Canucks. Really, ever since AV made that "not using his wingers" comment.

It would surprise me, Kesler loves it here, has a NTC and is a vital part of this team, he has some issue's with AV yes but it seems like we are mature enough to figure this out, plus if this team doesn't win the cup this year AV is likely gone anyways and if we don't make the finals I don't see anyway AV is back baring some insane unforseen disaster like losing both Sedins in the same series (Knock on wood)

I don't see it as a huge issue right now, there is potential there but I don't see it fizzling out, he isn't Cody Hodgson. ;)

zackass.png

#1262 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

So, with the CBA vote ending at 5am pt, does that signal the opening green light for player movement?

No at some point the memorandum of understanding Also needs to be signed by the two sides. So the latter of that and the CBA being ratified signals the ability for NHL to release schedule, Camps to open, Players to move, Contracts to be signed etc.

The rumor is the memorandum will be signed on Friday in which case, yes, once players vote is finished 5 AM saturday the season starts.

#1263 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Why don't we trade Luongo to Toronto, then fire AV so Nonis can hire him.

Nonis, Lu, AV, Mike Brown, it would be basicly what we do with Florida. :lol:

zackass.png

#1264 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

No at some point the memorandum of understanding Also needs to be signed by the two sides. So the latter of that and the CBA being ratified signals the ability for NHL to release schedule, Camps to open, Players to move, Contracts to be signed etc.

The rumor is the memorandum will be signed on Friday in which case, yes, once players vote is finished 5 AM saturday the season starts.

That's what I meant. The season starts Saturday 5am pt? In other words, Saturday we would see player movement? Or is there a further delay. I guess they probably need time for signatures after the vote ends?

#1265 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Does anyone expect a flurry of trades right after the CBA is signed? It's gonna be like 2 trade deadlines this season :D

#1266 KillerClown

KillerClown

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wade Redden has been buried in the minors for how many seasons.I think Philly could bury Bryz for half a season.Not saying Loungo to Flyers will happen just saying that if they want it I am sure they could make it work.

#1267 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

id be willing to take conolly if it meant we get another asset instead of getting bozak as he does have chemistry with kessel. I also think raymond could beof use to toronto.

luongo
raymond

for

conolly
kadri
finn
2nd round pick 2013

thoughts

#1268 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Wade Redden has been buried in the minors for how many seasons.I think Philly could bury Bryz for half a season.Not saying Loungo to Flyers will happen just saying that if they want it I am sure they could make it work.

Can't do that anymore with the new CBA. Will still count towards cap hit.

#1269 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

The new CBA doesn't make that appealing.

#1270 KillerClown

KillerClown

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Ah OK I thought most these new rules kicked in during the summer.I guess it's just the buy outs.

#1271 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

In fact, the Rangers may be one of the few teams to do a buy-out at the *start* of the season. They are over the CAP if they don't buy Redden out. They still have to sign Del Zotto as well.

#1272 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

In fact, the Rangers may be one of the few teams to do a buy-out at the *start* of the season. They are over the CAP if they don't buy Redden out. They still have to sign Del Zotto as well.

It would be golden to see a team sign Del Zotto to a huge offer sheet.

Edit: Spelling :/

Edited by JimLahey, 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#1273 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I thought the two buyouts that teams get can't be done till the summer?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1274 Drive-By Body Pierce

Drive-By Body Pierce

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

id be willing to take conolly if it meant we get another asset instead of getting bozak as he does have chemistry with kessel. I also think raymond could beof use to toronto.

luongo
raymond

for

conolly
kadri
finn
2nd round pick 2013

thoughts

I like the turbo in your avatar. Model?

Posted Image

#1275 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I thought the two buyouts that teams get can't be done till the summer?

Correct. New CBA kicks in at start of season but two compliance buy outs can not be used until after June.

Basically the buyouts are there to help the teams shed salary cap since it drops from $70.2M this year to $64.3M next year. Therefore wouldn't make sense to let the teams use them right away.

Edited by DooBie604, 10 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#1276 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

haha, i cant remember was a long time ago. nice and big though for sure

#1277 Rivera

Rivera

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

haha, i cant remember was a long time ago. nice and big though for sure

That's what she said..

Edited by Rivera, 10 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#1278 BraveHart

BraveHart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

When can we even trade him?

Posted Image

#1279 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

That's what I meant. The season starts Saturday 5am pt? In other words, Saturday we would see player movement? Or is there a further delay. I guess they probably need time for signatures after the vote ends?

Actually I think that's what memorandum of understanding is for. If I'm not mistaken the cba itself won't be fully written and finished until February? (Now I'm mixing up stories I should go find links again...) anyway actually yes I think if both things get done by 5 am on Saturday then everyone is good to go and player movement can happen

#1280 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,769 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

For the record, I also noticed Nonis' "pending transaction" remark - there's probably something to it.

One thing that company's often do, when implementing a new CEO, is deliberately perform worse right before the new CEO starts, and then have the new CEO do something great to begin his tenure, so everyone thinks he/she is some sort of wizard that will take the company to new heights. Wouldn't surprise me if something like that is happening right now. Deal almost complete, new GM swoops in and makes sure it gets done. Nonis is suddenly off to a great start with the fans (50% of them, anyway).

haha, King just called Nonis acquiring Luongo something great.

It's looking pretty much like Toronto is done posturing that they may be willing to take Luongo in exchange for a B asset and a cap dump - the bad poker face of the lowball charade seem to be melting off - even King appears to realize this.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Kesler traded.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there pretty clearly is a strained relationship between Kesler/Overhardt/AV/Canucks. Really, ever since AV made that "not using his wingers" comment.

Kesler's no trade clause is now in effect.

#1281 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,769 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Luongo, Schroeder, Ballard.

Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn.

#1282 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

No Chance Flyers do this. Big overpayment on their end.

zackass.png

#1283 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I like the hell out of you oldnews but you overvalue the living crap out of our players.

your the guy on kijiji that wants $21,000 for a 96 poniac sunfire with a ground effects kit, spoiler, and ed hardy seat covers

just because its awesome to you doesnt make it awesome bro

if that trade went through and I was a Flyers fan I would sit in a dark room and cut myself
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1284 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't know, I'd really rather have Giroux than Simmonds.

#1285 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,769 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I like the hell out of you oldnews but you overvalue the living crap out of our players.

your the guy on kijiji that wants $21,000 for a 96 poniac sunfire with a ground effects kit, spoiler, and ed hardy seat covers

if that trade went through and I was a Flyers fan I would sit in a dark room and cut myself

Damn straight.
Except for the Kijiji part. First, I would NEVER own a Pontiac and certainly not a Sunfire, and if I did I'd call the autowreckers...

#1286 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,769 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't know, I'd really rather have Giroux than Simmonds.

Whatever you'd like King - and I can't believe you let Smashian beat you to it.

Edited by oldnews, 10 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#1287 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

haha, King just called Nonis acquiring Luongo something great.

It's looking pretty much like Toronto is done posturing that they may be willing to take Luongo in exchange for a B asset and a cap dump - the bad poker face of the lowball charade seem to be melting off - even King appears to realize this.

Of course it'd be a great acquisition for them - or anybody. I've been the one that would've preferred to keep Luongo for Vancouver this whole time, remember?

My stance is that Vancouver's in a poor bargaining position and that we're probably not going to get a great return. I could be wrong. We should see how it all shakes out shortly.

#1288 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I like your analogies there. :lol:

Whatever you'd like King - and I can't believe you let Smashian beat you to it.

?

Im in the same boat as Noheart, I agree with alot of things you say but you just mis-judge value sometimes, I've done it before to so I'm taking a huge shot at you but I'm not apposed to everything you say.

zackass.png

#1289 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

We should just trade Luongo to Toronto for their 1st straight up, then ask Luongo to sobotage their season so we can get Mackinnon.

:bigblush:

#1290 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

\

Maybe if you added Kassian, a 2nd and a third round pick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.