The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I wonder if this love/hate with Gillis and Burke saga continues - this time Gillis' stubbornness and Burke getting fired for not making the deal, actually helps Gillis drive up the value of Luongo in a shortened season with only 1 week to go before regular season? Works in Gillis' favour to make a deal if it's true Philly, Edmonton, Toronto are putting their best packages for Luongo. From the CBA news to the appearance of Luongo returning to play for the Nucks to this al within 1 week, certainly makes for an interesting reveal once the CBA is ratified by the players Saturday!

You never know, Brayden Shenn was seen as untouchable for the Kings once.

I was actually gonna make a trade proposal regarding Couturier... hear me out :P

So, with Pronger's future uncertain (+ his age) and them losing out on Weber, I believe they are looking for a #1 or 2A defenceman.

Could Edler be that guy? Couturier is a Nucks fan, big and potential #1 Centre once the Twins retire.

Edler + Schroeder OR Gaunce for Couturier + ??

Would that be enough to entice Philly into entertaining a deal?? :D

I'm a huge Couturier fan aswell, but they weren't willing to put him in the deal for Weber who in my eyes is the best defensemen in the league.

I see the Edler idea as something that might work but I think Luongo and Edler would have to be in the deal to Couturier in it, they covet him that highly.

I would love to get him I just don't see it as likely, he could be there most valuable player after Giroux, certaintly top 3 or 5 in the orginzation.

5. If the leafs have a hole at center in GENERAL, and it could also be argued a lack of offensive players. One would logically conclude that if Kadri is as GOOD AS YOU SUGGEST, THEY WOULD DO THEIR UTMOST TO KEEP HIM GIVEN #4. Why you can't follow that chain of logic, only your mind knows.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Don't think that Carter and Richards winning the cup last season didn't irk him a little bit. Fans are still a little bitter about that.

Holmgrem is like Sather. When he wants a player, he eliminates all competition by going all in. Don't be surprised to see them offer one of their top young players.

:lol: Oh BTM your just something.

I said essentially, again more proof that you fail to read before you start stomping on your keyboard.

You have said numourous times that you can't see why they would trade Kadri since there biggest hole is at center then whenever I bring up why he might work here you turn around and say he is a career AHLer.

Again great logic.

since your are clearly too stupid to understand anything i will give the monkey map for you maybe you can figure it out if you follow the chain ok simpleton?

1. You are in love with Kadri and think he's an NHL quality player (clearly given you've said the leafs hate him, and he could play 2nd line on the nucks) - that is what you have said.

2. I have said he as at best an AHL all star and a bust and shouldn't be part of any deal as anything other than a throw in.

3. You have stated the leafs have given up on him - i agree

4. Many hockey experts state the leafs 2 biggest holes are at center and goalie - no where have i or anyone else said only number 1 center.

5. If the leafs have a hole at center in GENERAL, and also could be argued a lack of offensive players. One would logically conclude that if Kadri is as GOOD AS YOU SUGGEST, THEY WOULD DO THEIR UTMOST TO KEEP HIM GIVEN #4. Why you can't follow that chain of logic, only your mind knows.

6. Further you suggest, the leafs have given up on him, despite their problems at center, and their lack of offensive players, and yet he could slide into a number two role in Vancouver - again your logic makes zero sense. That being, that a player who is trying to make a team devoid of offensive players, offensive centers, and cannot, can somehow walk into the Pres Trophy winning team and be a number 2. When he can't even make the 5th worst team in the NHL.

Your logic is absurd, and your mind is that of a simpleton,.

Go develop your mind, you need it.

Archived