3455 replies to this topic

#1501 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

New CBA rule is that every team that misses playoffs is eligible for the 1st overall pick.

TML will pbbly make the playoffs with Lu as their goalie, but if they miss the playoffs............

Imagine they get riddled with injuries and we had their first lol

#1502 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I told them to get the hell outta there a few times.

I'm actually getting sick of all this Luongo stuff.

it's like eating to many yogart covered almonds you just want someone to take them away so the pain will stop but you have no control you must indulge.

wait till they announce the starting goalie on opening night.

It's just to dam much I am drowning

When you go off on these similes, you nail it every time.
Who t f ever thought of covering a nut in yogourt?
They're right up there with pay toilets.

I'm too lazy to go back a couple pages to find the quote but to who said " if the flyers traded Couturier they would need a young player coming back" is just wrong.

Claude Giroux - 25
Brayden Schenn - 21
Luke Schenn - 23
Jakob Voracek- 23
Wayne Simmons - 23
Matt Read - 25
Eric Wellwood - 22
Zac Rinaldo - 22
Scott Laughton - 18
M.A Bourdon - 23

They are one if the few teams in the league that can afford to trade a Sean Couturier and not really be affected by it.

Hey there - you're looking at the context and talking sense here. That sh won't fly - it doesn't fit with what folks have be told on twits-a-verse.

#1503 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

The fact they have so many young kids on the team tells me they would want a couple of veterans to guide the kids. Just because Philly have a bunch of 21 to 25 year olds doesn't mean they won't trade for anyone over 25.

I never said that. I said that any trade sending the Schenns or Couturier would likely have to include Gaunce going the other way.

The names in the rumours have been Luongo, Grossman, B. Schenn & Couturier. Do you see them parting with them without getting a young asset back on top of Lou?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1504 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

If Gillis is getting offers like Frason and a second , he better shut off his phone and never talk to Nonis again. He'll only turn it on again once he hears Gardiner and a first. If Gillis doesn't get any real offers than don't trade Luongo. He still has value to the team and don't throw him away for nothing, defiantly to Toronto. Luongo will make Toronto a play-off team, I don't want that. Wait it out MG.

#1505 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Gillis is not trading Luongo for Kadri.

You cannot trade Luongo without getting an impact player back.

With Bozak being an RFA, how could we possibly be ok with getting Kadri, and then seeing Bozak walk?

It would have to be a 1st coming back as well, I doubt Nonis does that.

Philly should get Luongo and Tor should get Bryz it makes too much sense in terms of what team is going ot give realistic value for Lu.

Coutreier or Tor 1st

Philly can afford to lose Couterier

and Toronto can afford to lose Bozak, and Franson for picks and their elite goaltender.

a 3 way trade is soooo reasonable.

Edited by Merci, 12 January 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1506 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Gillis is not trading Luongo for Kadri.

You cannot trade Luongo without getting an impact player back.

With Bozak being an RFA, how could we possibly be ok with getting Kadri, and then seeing Bozak walk?

It would have to be a 1st coming back as well, I doubt Nonis does that.

Philly should get Luongo and Tor should get Bryz it makes too much sense in terms of what team is going ot give realistic value for Lu.

Coutreier or Tor 1st

Philly can afford to lose Couterier

and Toronto can afford to lose Bozak, and Franson for picks and their elite goaltender.

a 3 way trade is soooo reasonable.

If they don't get luongo I doubt the jump on the chance to help the team that scooped him up. My guess is they wait and target a goalie that isn't completely bananas lol.

#1507 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I never said that. I said that any trade sending the Schenns or Couturier would likely have to include Gaunce going the other way.

The names in the rumours have been Luongo, Grossman, B. Schenn & Couturier. Do you see them parting with them without getting a young asset back on top of Lou?

I don't see them trading Couturier at all with or without Gaunce as part of package.

I don't see Luongo going to Philly at all, its a hog wash rumor IMO.

#1508 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Luongo Schroeder.
Couturier, Simmonds, Leighton.

Some Philly twitterers are suggesting that Grossman is a centerpiece, which is ludicrous. He was picked up for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick - he'd be a third pairing guy in Vancouver, a stay at home, penalty killer type, with virtually no offensive upside. I personally consider him a saw-off at best for Ballard (the version we have seen in Vancouver, or a downgrade on a healthy Ballard playing the role he is suited to).

Philly is absolutely loaded at RW. Their fifth best RW is Read, who put up 24 goals and 47 points last year - they are so stacked they have to move natural RWs(Giroux) to center. That is where they can most afford to move a player to strengthen their back end. I think a deal with them centers upon Couturier (not the Schenns) and their 4th or 5th RW - Simmonds or Read.

I think Schroeder is the type of guy who could fit well with the likes of Giroux, Briere etc, he'd lessen the pain of moving Couturier, and he's not likely to find a spot (behind Couturier) in Vancouver.

With Giroux, Schenn, Talbot, Rinaldo, Schroeder and Holmstrom they'd be in fine shape up the middle.

And they could always move Bryz to TO for Franson and a 2nd lol.

Edited by oldnews, 12 January 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#1509 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Luongo Schroeder.

Some Philly twitterers are suggesting that Grossman is a centerpiece, which is ludicrous. He was picked up for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick - he'd be a third pairing guy in Vancouver, a stay at home, penalty killer type, with virtually no offensive upside. I personally consider him a saw-off at best for Ballard (the version we have seen in Vancouver, or a downgrade on a healthy Ballard playing the role he is suited to).

Philly is absolutely loaded at RW. Their fifth best RW is Read, who put up 24 goals and 47 points last year - they are so stacked they have to move natural RWs(Giroux) to center. That is where they can most afford to move a player to strengthen their back end. I think a deal with them centers upon Couturier (not the Schenns) and their 4th or 5th RW - Simmonds or Read.

I think Schroeder is the type of guy who could fit well with the likes of Giroux, Briere etc, he'd lessen the pain of moving Couturier, and he'd likely to find a spot (behind Couturier) in Vancouver.

With Giroux, Schenn, Talbot, Rinaldo, Schroeder and Holmstrom they'd be in fine shape up the middle.

I

Whatever the case, in order to move a young, bluechip guy like Couturier (or the Schenns), Holmgren would insist he gets a quality young player in return. That's how he operates.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1510 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Whatever the case, in order to move a young, bluechip guy like Couturier (or the Schenns), Holmgren would insist he gets a quality young player in return. That's how he operates.

Luongo edler tanev gaunce

Both schenns simmonds conditional 1st if edler signs

Philly still probably says no but I think I would do it.

#1511 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

If Lu doesn't end up in Fla, he's going to Philly IMO.

I've always said if there was an amnesty buy out, Philly would come calling about Lu. Considering they can't talk trades during lockout, Holmgren obviously made the call previous to Sept 15. There was a 'mystery team' calling before that date, I'm guessing it was Philly. Of course, the fact this info is now out there must have hit Homgren like a semi truck. He's got a $40+M crazy Russian goalie on his hands, the last thing he wants is that guy having a bird - in case he can't obtain Luongo and is stuck with him.

This Grossman speculation must be wrong, why would GIllis want another lefty d-man who's grossly overpaid for the next 4 yrs and has bad underlying numbers? The most pts he ever had in a season was 12 (4 yrs ago). Nuff said. I'd bet my condo he wants Couturier. I think he was the mystery '6th' targeted player in a Hodsgon trade. No way Holmgren wants to give him up, but if he wants Lu - he might not have a choice.

#1512 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Opinion in Toronto is Franson and a second rounder.. wow what discrepency

Opinion in Toronto is also that Phaneuf is a captain, Kessel was worth dying on a hill for, Gardiner is the next Brian Leetch, Reilly is the next next Brian Leetch, Connolly, Komisarek and Lombardi are contracts and assets that can be moved for value, and that they just need a goalie. To put it in perspective, Connolly is half the player Raymond is, at twice the cap hit. Komisarek is half the player Ballard is, and Lombardi... these three guys are nearly 13 million in cap hit and were a combined -46 last year.
No wonder they hype the odd prospect so obsessively. The players they propose to dump on Vancouver as part of a deal can't hold a candle to Vancouver's whipping boys.

I think they should simply and finally admit that it's time to rebuild - or accept their fate as the twin brother of the Calgary Flames - without the character of Iginla or the backbone of Kipprusoff. I'd move their core players - judging by opinion around here, it would be easy to receive overpayments for Phaneuf and Kessel haha. Forget about the fantasy of playoff hockey if they continue to prop up their castle of sand.

But if they want to prop it up with Luongo, by all means - make a realistic offer.

If they want to delude themselves that including one of their young defensemen is an overpayment, go a-head with the paper bags.
I'd rather see the Leafs without Luongo anyway.

#1513 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

I still think it will be Florida in the end.

Luongo, 3rd.

Goc, Petrovic, Ellerby, Drew Shore.

Gillis may not be as interested in Bjugstad having drafted Gaunce. I think Goc would make a good 2nd/3rd line tweener addition - he skates very well, has moderate offensive upside, is a good face off guy, and an adept defensive player - he was fourth on the Panthers with a +9.2 relative corsi having only 38% offensive zone starts, quite a remarkable pair of stats imo. Only a 1.7 cap hit.

Have always seen Petrovic as the type of prospect the Canucks don't have - would like him in a deal.

Ellerby hasn't lived up to projections, but I think he'll make a solid third pairing defensman - and as a 700k RFA, if the Canucks must move Ballard's cap hit, Ellerby is a good young affordable option while the Panthers would still have Campbell, Kuba, and Kulikov on the left side...
Shore - a good young two way center buried behind endless talent up the middle in Florida.

The Canucks may not land an A roster player or prospect, but imo a deal like this does not require them to take back salary, they acquire good center and blueline depth, shed half of Luongo's cap hit, would enable them to move Ballard if necessary, and draw from where Florida is deepest, while leaving Tallon with his untouchables.

#1514 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I prefer Lu doesn't land in Toronto.

Philly has the most to offer, imo.

Florida, is where the emotional connection is, for Luongo.

I'd rather have Philly land Luongo - I'd be happy if we could land Courturier, and a prospect. I think Courturier alone is better than what Toronto can offer.

#1515 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Kadri can't play defense, he's just like Hodgson.

Hodgson was voted (multiple times) by the OHL coaches as the smartest player, the hardest worker, the best on faceoffs, and the best penalty killer.

He can play defense. Stop fooling yourself.

#1516 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Lu in Philly with a healthy Pronger on his doorstep would be an amazing thing. Back to reality, though...

#1517 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Luongo seems very zen like lately. I like the new Luongo.

Me too. It's almost like he's getting a second wind in his career. His Twitter account is incredible, and the gimmick of him not admitting that it's him works. Completely different person than what he was when he first got here.

Wouldn't that be something if he were to get traded, get a Vezina, and/or a Cup. Wow. Would be pretty awesome.

Edited by King of the ES, 12 January 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#1518 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Bozak isn't really an upgrade on Lappy for the 3rd line spot

Yeah Smashian, he is.

Bozak can score and he doesn't hurt the team taking stupid penalties. Far better than Lapierre in a 3rd line role.

#1519 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Playing on a strong team in the east with a 4:00PM PST start-time would probably do wonders for Lu's future Vezina chances.

#1520 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

They are one if the few teams in the league that can afford to trade a Sean Couturier and not really be affected by it.

"Not really be affected by it" - wishful thinking. Guys like him aren't exactly in abundance. 20 years old, 6'3", two-way C, already NHL-proven, etc.

#1521 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Canucks draft Seth Jones.

Wouldn't happen - he plays in the WHL.

#1522 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Correction. What I haven't seen is King or Smashian formulate a proper assessment of how ludicrous these over-valuations of Leafs like Gardiner and Reilly are. Won't be holding my breath.

I would agree that those two are getting overvalued, but hardly as much as you're doing with Luongo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did your proposal to Philly not include us both getting rid of Keith Ballard - value to us - and us acquiring Sean Couturier, Braydon Coburn, and Wayne Simmonds?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by King of the ES, 12 January 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#1523 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Hey there - you're looking at the context and talking sense here. That sh won't fly - it doesn't fit with what folks have be told on twits-a-verse.

Right, so because Philly has a lot of young players, they thus shouldn't care about trading Sean Couturier?

Is Nick Jensen expendable to us, since we have Anton Rodin?

#1524 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I still think it will be Florida in the end.

Luongo, 3rd.

Goc, Petrovic, Ellerby, Drew Shore.

I would far rather have Bozak than Goc. Goc is a floater. Wouldn't go over well in Vancouver. Weiss should be the guy that we're going after in a deal with Florida - immediate second-line help. Not a huge fan of his game, but no doubt that he would help.

#1525 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hodgson was voted (multiple times) by the OHL coaches as the smartest player, the hardest worker, the best on faceoffs, and the best penalty killer.

He can play defense. Stop fooling yourself.

i agree with you, people seem to knock his defensive game too much. His foot speed doesnt allow him to stand out defensively like hansen or burrows but he is a very intelligent player and far from being bad defensively. He got robbed of the mvp at the wjhc in my opinion because he played in all situations, including the pk.

#1526 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

i agree with you, people seem to knock his defensive game too much. His foot speed doesnt allow him to stand out defensively like hansen or burrows but he is a very intelligent player and far from being bad defensively. He got robbed of the mvp at the wjhc in my opinion because he played in all situations, including the pk.

A lot of Canuck fans prefer to deny reality and try to convince themselves that Cody doesn't have an extremely bright future in the NHL, to feel better about how last year's trade has turned out to date.

He is going to be awesome. I'm expecting a minimum of 30 points from him this year.

#1527 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Luongo Schroeder.

I think Schroeder is the type of guy who could fit well with the likes of Giroux, Briere etc, he'd lessen the pain of moving Couturier, and he's not likely to find a spot (behind Couturier) in Vancouver.

I like your Philly deal more than the Florida option. I suspect that MG is talking to more than just TO, Philly and Florida.

I simply don't see what the Laffers have to offer that Van can use. The Kadri coolaid gang is so laughable that even the HC boys are sayin wait a minute. Consensus seems to be that Kadri will struggle to ever be a NHL regular. SO SN and TSN really want Lu in To because it means possible playoffs for them. The really sad fact is that TO franchises suck in every league NHL, NBA and MLB. The Laffers should have been blown up 4 years ago when Burkie came in but the Board said no to that.

I still think there are some dark horses out there talking to Gillis.

#1528 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

If Lu doesn't end up in Fla, he's going to Philly IMO.

I've always said if there was an amnesty buy out, Philly would come calling about Lu. Considering they can't talk trades during lockout, Holmgren obviously made the call previous to Sept 15. There was a 'mystery team' calling before that date, I'm guessing it was Philly. Of course, the fact this info is now out there must have hit Homgren like a semi truck. He's got a $40+M crazy Russian goalie on his hands, the last thing he wants is that guy having a bird - in case he can't obtain Luongo and is stuck with him.

This Grossman speculation must be wrong, why would GIllis want another lefty d-man who's grossly overpaid for the next 4 yrs and has bad underlying numbers? The most pts he ever had in a season was 12 (4 yrs ago). Nuff said. I'd bet my condo he wants Couturier. I think he was the mystery '6th' targeted player in a Hodsgon trade. No way Holmgren wants to give him up, but if he wants Lu - he might not have a choice.

Holmgren: Hey bud I realized I messed up with the Bryzgalov signing so I'm here to buy him out with your money.

Owner: Get the $&@& out of my office.

And are you serious about Grossman? He's a stay at home d-man! I know this may sound crazy, but his job as a defenseman is to play defense, not offense. Go figure right.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1529 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Question: is the "Luongo clause" officially in the new CBA? I've heard talk that if Luongo is traded and retires early then both Vancouver and the other team split the cap hit.

If this is true there are going to be a lot of surprised/angry people on CDC when they see how little Vancouver gets for Luongo.

Edit: by "I've heard talk" I meant from various radio shows (Bob McCown, etc).

Edited by babych, 12 January 2013 - 10:37 AM.

(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#1530 mrbulletz

mrbulletz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Playing on a strong team in the east with a 4:00PM PST start-time would probably do wonders for Lu's future Vezina chances.

Is this guy freakin serious?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.