The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I'd like to do that too but I can't see philly giving up one of their young studs for one year of Edler. They'd be in the same situation as us.

I'd expect it to be Luongo alone or maybe one other small piece. The bigger the proposal the less realistic IMO.

Have no idea why Dallas isnt rumoured to be atleast offering up some sort of package with their horrific goaltending situation.

Also, WTF is their problem not resigning Jamie Benn, an absolutely monster. pay the kid whatever he is demanding. Dream scenerio is prying that kid to vancouver somehow.

Toronto seems like a reasonable destination. As long as one of Tyler Biggs or Jake Gardiner is included in a package otherwise they can absolutely frack off. Kadri cant even crack their big club, Bozak is decent depth player for the vancouver roster.

Florida - reasonable destination, if im MG I want one of huberdeau/Bjugstad/ or that dmen prospect.

Chicago seems highly unlikely but omg the rivalry would be just so incredible.

Philly - highly unlikely just because of bryz and $ it does not work.

Goaltending is extremely important and Im sure Gillis will play this perfectly however it ends up transpiring.

I think Philly is desperate for a D-man with Pronger likely done, and Mezaros injured. Their window is now too. Sure they've got younger players so it will be open longer, but they have a chance to win now.

They need that top pairing D-man. And with Pronger's injury likely being career ending, they have enough cap space to throw whatever money Edler wants at him to re-sign him.

What if outa' the gate some others like Wash, or TBay find their young 'tenders flop? Or 1 or 2 others get some groin issues, etc...?

Meanwhile, both Van 'tenders get time, & both play very well. Yeah, it could go the other way-but this possibility seems more likely.

Gillis could end up selling high to a very desperate GM.

He'll be cruisin' the beach in a lambourghini.

I think Philly is desperate for a D-man with Pronger likely done, and Mezaros injured. Their window is now too. Sure they've got younger players so it will be open longer, but they have a chance to win now.

They need that top pairing D-man. And with Pronger's injury likely being career ending, they have enough cap space to throw whatever money Edler wants at him to re-sign him.

God, I love this, it makes me feel alive after 8 months of nothing.

The bloggers are completely lost, none of them have any idea what to think at this point. They are obviously taking everything with a grain of salt though. More so than us anyways.

It is a ridiculous rumour but that's the beauty of trade rumours (most trade details aren't leaked before the actual deal goes through).

Grossman is choice #1 and Brayden Schenn is the fall back option #2? That sentence in itself makes zero sense but it was a fun little discussion nonetheless.

Archived