3455 replies to this topic

#1831 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Either Luo or Scheids will play superbly. If the other holds his own, perhaps options should be held open. If gillis can't wrangle TWO great pieces(for Luongo & a lesser piece), then I'm glad if he holds out. This is the hammer he holds that he is wise use patiently.

If at the draft, Schneider would obtain a huge haul, it might be the best option after all. They could probably replenish their system with a couple fine young prospects/players. You'd have another year with Roberto, & more time to see what they have in Lack & Cannata. There's still 3 'tender options there, with balance/depth being inserted over the coming seasons.

#1832 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,044 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 13 January 2013 - 04:44 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1833 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hey, what was the original predictions of how long this thread would go before a trade? Also, what is the sum of posts for version 1.0-4.0 Luongo trade thread so far?

My prediction: We keep him for the shortened season, and go deep in the playoffs. Thread extends to v6.0 minimum

#1834 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just watched the Canucks practice. Lu was solid out there. People got a chant going for him too.

Noticed he was having a long conversation with Gilman after practice too. Probably nothing though.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1835 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just watched the Canucks practice. Lu was solid out there. People got a chant going for him too.

Noticed he was having a long conversation with Gilman after practice too. Probably nothing though.

Good to hear that fans still want him around. He's pretty professional about the whole thing, and we may keep him yet, at least for this season. I have a feeling we may need him before this season is over.

Edited by gizmo2337, 13 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#1836 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

What?
You make up stuff with the best of them.
I like Gaunce as a pick. I have never said 'oh he's a future top line center' - 'he's the next Jordan Staal' blah blah - as people are with Reilly - 'a #1 defenseman' blah blah - and no, Gaunce does not have greater value than an NHL veteran who has repeatedly put up top line numbers. Simple stuff. He's a prospect - a good one - but that is all.
If I'm "sold" on anyone in the Canuck's prospect pool it is Jensen. That doesn't make him worth more than Dustin Brown.

Ignore him...its what craves..your attention !

#1837 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I hate your avatar you lucky nugget

Off topic abit but who impressed you and who looked like they were sucking wind?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1838 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Off topic abit but who impressed you and who looked like they were sucking wind?

Yeah no one taking a knee in a corner right? *cough* lucic *cough*

anyway I'll throw in my two utterly useless cents here too thinking unless Gillis can get a 2C and a winger for Luongo, we aren't going to move him and will see how this season plays out first.

#1839 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hey, what was the original predictions of how long this thread would go before a trade? Also, what is the sum of posts for version 1.0-4.0 Luongo trade thread so far?

My prediction: We keep him for the shortened season, and go deep in the playoffs. Thread extends to v6.0 minimum

Lou gone in 9 days from today !

#1840 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,739 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Raymond, Burrows, and Hansen were the most noticeable. They all had some nice snipe goals on both goalies.

No one really looked like they were out of shape. These guys have been training for awhile now. Alberts and Barker looked a bit slow, but that's just cause they are.

Lapierre looked strong and fast , and he must have worked on his faceoffs cause he was going toe to toe with Manny. and held his own.

Luongo looked like he was in good form. Had his glove flashing all practice.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1841 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,056 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

That's a rather bold statement lol

I bet you Rick Nash will be in the running for the scoring title this year with his new line mates.

I agree with Gillis regarding Nash - when Nash was on the block, Gillis was asked when the Nash welcoming parade would be..."2018".

$7.8 million for a guy who put up 59 points and a -19 last year and has only hit 70 once in his NHL career, is a bit much imo.
Yes, he played for Columbus and all, but still, I think he's over-rated - in a class with Joe Thornton, Dan Heatley - 'great' players that I wouldn't necessarily want on my team.
I find it odd that a guy like him is so coveted, and yet a perennial 60 point center on the Panthers at 3.1 million is considered less valuable than pretty much any A prospect mentioned in this thread.
I think MSG is a good place for Nash.

Edited by oldnews, 13 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#1842 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well well you're still dreaming.That's good I guess !

#1843 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Man that Luongo has a lot of class the way he's handling this situation. This day and age most athletes come across as spoiled brats, but not this guy. Two thumbs up for Lu's character.

#1844 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Raymond, Burrows, and Hansen were the most noticeable. They all had some nice snipe goals on both goalies.

No one really looked like they were out of shape. These guys have been training for awhile now. Alberts and Barker looked a bit slow, but that's just cause they are.

Lapierre looked strong and fast , and he must have worked on his faceoffs cause he was going toe to toe with Manny. and held his own.

thanks for the update. God it would be great if Raymond could return to some form/potential of goal scoring

#1845 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Was Nonis there?

lol

thanks for the info
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1846 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

On a side note you guys should check out the Iron Sheik on twitter, yes the WWF Iron Sheik. Man is he ever funny.

Stombone1 follows him too.

#1847 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I agree with Gillis regarding Nash - when Nash was on the block, Gillis was asked when the Nash welcoming parade would be..."2018".

$7.8 million for a guy who put up 59 points and a -19 last year and has only hit 70 once in his NHL career, is a bit much imo.
Yes, he played for Columbus and all, but still, I think he's over-rated - in a class with Joe Thornton, Dan Heatley - 'great' players that I wouldn't necessarily want on my team.

So this theory doesn't apply to Schroeder and Kassian?

lol

i had too.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1848 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Man that Luongo has a lot of class the way he's handling this situation. This day and age most athletes come across as spoiled brats, but not this guy. Two thumbs up for Lu's character.

Boy, Cory Schneider must be so happy that Luongo's still here.

Supposedly had the loudest applause at the practice today, fans chanting his name, etc. Suddenly, Luongo's the most popular Canuck that there is. Schneider's tenure as our starter hasn't even started yet, and he's already second in popularity to his backup.

This really has the potential to get ugly. If Schneider struggles to start the season, you can be sure that Luongo watching over his shoulder has a big hand in that. Shame on Mike Gillis for not dealing with this earlier, and letting it fester. Even if Lou is dealt before the season starts, the damage has been done.

Everybody can smile for the cameras at practice, where all is rosy, but I am pretty certain that behind the scenes, Cory Schneider is none too impressed with Roberto Luongo still being a Canuck.

#1849 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Supposedly had the loudest applause at the practice today, fans chanting his name, etc. Suddenly, Luongo's the most popular Canuck that there is. Schneider's tenure as our starter hasn't even started yet, and he's already second in popularity to his backup.

This really has the potential to get ugly. If Schneider struggles to start the season, you can be sure that Luongo watching over his shoulder has a big hand in that. Shame on Mike Gillis for not dealing with this earlier, and letting it fester. Even if Lou is dealt before the season starts, the damage has been done.

Everybody can smile for the cameras at practice, where all is rosy, but I am pretty certain that behind the scenes, Cory Schneider is none too impressed with Roberto Luongo still being a Canuck.

I completely disagree. I think the media and fans spin the controversy to be much more than it is in the dressing room.

Luckily, neither of our opinions matter much. When they start playing we can stop speculationg, which will be a nice change of pace.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1850 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'm throwing in the Jets. Noel doesn't believe in Pavelec.
Caps are also interesting. A lot of veteran players with rookie goaltending. Don't trust Neuvirth and Holtby is a big question mark.

WPG
Edler
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond

VAN
Byfuglien
Kane
1st

#1851 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I completely disagree. I think the media and fans spin the controversy to be much more than it is in the dressing room.

Luckily, neither of our opinions matter much. When they start playing we can stop speculationg, which will be a nice change of pace.

Put yourself in his shoes. After being drafted nearly an entire decade earlier, you're finally getting the opportunity - which you've earned - to be the team's starting goaltender.

Not only is the guy you're replacing the most decorated goalie the franchise has ever had - by a mile - the team has chosen to hang on to him and now training camp is starting and he's the most popular guy in the city. If they don't trade Luongo, and he's on the bench on opening night, what's going through your head? Knowing that an all-star goaltender is on the bench, ready to step in, and potentially even steal back his job. Not exactly confidence inspiring, is it?

Edited by King of the ES, 13 January 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#1852 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

The technicality if goaltending ! Exclamation mark ! Yes!

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 13 January 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#1853 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

@king of es: It's cynical to suggest Lu/Schneids statements are simply pc-fodder. Most fans of this team must appreciate the excellent character exemplified in our key players. I certainly believe these two blokes respect each other, & furthermore, could work well together through this shortened-campaign. Optimism go hand in hand with Gillis' methodical approach to his many options.

Get all absorbed in the half full/empty approach-sooner or later someone's gonna down what's left of your pint.

#1854 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

WPG
Edler
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond

VAN
Byfuglien
Kane
1st

No thanks, and I doubt WPG has issues with Pavelec, this deal doesn't make alot of sense.

zackass.png

#1855 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Ok Gollum.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#1856 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Put yourself in his shoes. After being drafted nearly an entire decade earlier, you're finally getting the opportunity - which you've earned - to be the team's starting goaltender.

Not only is the guy you're replacing the most decorated goalie the franchise has ever had - by a mile - the team has chosen to hang on to him and now training camp is starting and he's the most popular guy in the city. If they don't trade Luongo, and he's on the bench on opening night, what's going through your head? Knowing that an all-star goaltender is on the bench, ready to step in, and potentially even steal back his job. Not exactly confidence inspiring, is it?

So... You are suggesting trading Luongo fast, an allstar celebrity goaltender because it might damage rookie Schneider's confidence? What's wrong with you? Flash a flood light in a blind man's face and he migh only feel warmer.

#1857 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Schneider is fine with Lu bring here, they are great friends, Schneider will still get his starts and even if Lu plays lights out things won't change. It should only put pressure on other teams (Toronto) to meet our price, since he is playing lights out, or else we keep him and he helps us in our cup run then we move him in the summer.

zackass.png

#1858 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Ok Gollum.

Why anyone listens to what 'King of the ES' says is beyond me. Glad he's not in the locker room, he sounds like someone who likes to create feuds/problems where there aren't any, and whisper poison into people's ears.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1859 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

TOR
Luongo

VAN
Kadri
Bozak
Franson
2nd

No major pieces leave Toronto, both Bozak and Franson's roles can be filled, Bozak is a pending UFA anyways and Franson struggled big time last year, he's not quite as valuable as some here think.

We get depth in the 2 area's we need it, aswell has some things to add to cupboard.

zackass.png

#1860 SMR

SMR

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Source is not considered reliable by any stretch, hence not posted in the news thread:

Luongo to Leafs for Bozak & 1st (year not specified)

Mostly posting so that if it turns out correct, he will become the new SamJam (i.e. he must be right this time because he beat the insiders last time!!). Not releasing his name as it was simply a friend posting on Facebook, but he has some interesting connections.

EDIT: should note that he claims this is a done deal, not the current offer.

Edited by SMR, 13 January 2013 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.