The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Anders Lindback (Tampa's supposed new starter) suffered a knee injury in December and hasn't gotten back to 100% as of yet. I always thought he was a risk to alluvasudden make him a starter, as he is totally unproven and also has Adult-onset Still's disease.

Wondering if Yzerman is totally out of the Luongo talk.

Meanwhile, Gardiner is out with a concussion, on a 'meh' hit i might add, and Kadri has also been out with a concussion. Red flags? Or are the injuries (is the injury) fabricated because of a Luongo deal?

Oh, and forget i mentioned Ben Holmstrom, as he is out for a long time with a knee injury. Other Flyer injuries: Briere (wrist) and Read (foot). Meszaros just came back from an achilles injury. Combine these with Giroux's ongoing head issues, and Flyers might be having a slow start to this season. Affect on Luongo talk? Perhaps.

Anders Lindback (Tampa's supposed new starter) suffered a knee injury in December and hasn't gotten back to 100% as of yet. I always thought he was a risk to alluvasudden make him a starter, as he is totally unproven and also has Adult-onset Still's disease.

Wondering if Yzerman is totally out of the Luongo talk.

Meanwhile, Gardiner is out with a concussion, on a 'meh' hit i might add, and Kadri has also been out with a concussion. Red flags? Or are the injuries (is the injury) fabricated because of a Luongo deal?

Oh, and forget i mentioned Ben Holmstrom, as he is out for a long time with a knee injury. Other Flyer injuries: Briere (wrist) and Read (foot). Meszaros just came back from an achilles injury. Combine these with Giroux's ongoing head issues, and Flyers might be having a slow start to this season. Affect on Luongo talk? Perhaps.

There's simply not a lot of variance between goaltenders anymore. Gone are the days of Brodeur/Hasek/Roy dominating the NHL and giving their teams an edge.

Mike Smith on Phoenix last year is a nice example. Garbage on Tampa, excellent on Phoenix. A goalie-friendly system can make an average goalie excellent.

The difference between the best and the worst starting goalies in the league (say, Lundqvist v. Mason) is far less between the difference between the best and the worst defensemen (say, Weber v. Ballard).

Kadri can't play defense, he's just like Hodgson. AV won't trust him, he's still recovering from having to put Hodgson on the ice.

Once Kesler gets back Bozak would be useless. Lapierre is a better option for the 3rd line, he showed it in the playoffs. He centered our 3rd line to game 7 of the finals.

So I don't want an If and a throw-away for Luongo. Better deals can be had.

Kadri can't play defense, he's just like Hodgson. AV won't trust him, he's still recovering from having to put Hodgson on the ice.

Once Kesler gets back Bozak would be useless. Lapierre is a better option for the 3rd line, he showed it in the playoffs. He centered our 3rd line to game 7 of the finals.

So I don't want an If and a throw-away for Luongo. Better deals can be had.

I think its about time AV lets some of his young players make a mistake and still get out the next shift. That's the only way players are going to get better. Young players make mistakes, they always have always will. Even the great young stars.

I think Kadri, Bozak and 2nd is what's coming back for Lu. This whole Philly thing is just a bunch of hog wash.

Give Kadri lots of ice, let him make mistakes and learn from them. This way he'll be ready and better for it come playoff time. Same goes with Kassian, Tanev et all.

President's trophy in not whats important. There is only one trophy that counts and we need some younger guys and the energy they bring on the team to get there.

If its Kadri Bozak and a second I would rather go for a first and second.Theres plenty of second tier forwards around Van that can be given their last kick at the can with this shortened season.Then at the draft use the four high picks to get a player out of the top five.Either a d man or a player that can distribute to booth and Kesler.

A couple of months ago I thought Bozak, Kadri and Franson would be a good deal. After initial excitement after Burke firing and thinking we might get Gardiner I've come back to reality.

I'd be pretty happy with Bozak, Kadri and Franson. I'd rather have Franson over the 2nd rounder.

A couple of months ago I thought Bozak, Kadri and Franson would be a good deal. After initial excitement after Burke firing and thinking we might get Gardiner I've come back to reality.

I'd be pretty happy with Bozak, Kadri and Franson. I'd rather have Franson over the 2nd rounder.

If Philly offers Schenn or Courturier - that's better than almost anything Toronto can give.

If Philly does that. They've almost become front-runners.

Courturier has 1st line centerman written all over him. Schenn not as obvious - Courturier is as good as money. I'd take him for Luongo. only problem is, is it a fair trade?

Archived