#2191 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

So what is the target now?

I think the deal should change a bit to include Clarke McArthur, the thing is from their side he is a useful top 6 forward, from our side he is probably a rental.

McArthur, Bozak, Kadri, Conditional Pick (2nd: If both McArthur and Bozak leave as UFA's. 3rd: if one of the 2 leaves, nothing if both are re-signed)

Is that a stretch or realistic? They added JVR so that bumps one of there regular top 6 wingers down, so maybe that wold be McArthur and it would leave him open to trade, they have some guys other than that too, Connolly, Lombardi, McClement, Frattin, Colbourne, Ashton, exc. Anyways Thoughts?

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 16 January 2013 - 01:30 AM.

zackass.png

#2192 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Lots of options and interchangeable assets if we consider splitting the twins up.

Of course, I would much rather see how they do paired together to start the season.

HF5PJBh.png

#2193 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hey guys, I got this from Calgarypuck, it's very intresting...

Take it for what it's worth, but...
We had 12 scouts in the restaurant I work at tonight for dinner, who are in town for the CHL top prospects game, and they were talking hockey with their server.
They outright told her that Luongo to Florida was as good as done.

I dont know why a Flame fan would make up a rumour that would benifit us, but apparently Luongo to Florida.

Bjugstad + Weiss for Luongo :emot-parrot:

#2194 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,842 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

I dont know why a Flame fan would make up a rumour that would benifit us, but apparently Luongo to Florida.

Well that's gotta be the most reliable source I've ever seen.

A server at a random restaurant. :lol:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2195 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Yeah thankfully i didnt post this in the rumour thread :ph34r: :P

#2196 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

I know like as in other sports they tend to have fun and saying something like that would make them all laugh after leaving knowing the server heard it and would tell someone.Thats to funny wish I was there to see that happen!I think a trade will happen asap or at the deadline after Schnieds proves he dominates! :towel: :canucks: :towel:
Posted Image

#2197 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Fowler is futher ahead, and he is plays a one dimensional role which is easier to jump into right away, but Gudbranson will be the better player.

Yeah, so simple to waltz into the NHL as a 19 year-old rookie d-man and get 40 points in 76 games.

#2198 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I don't think it is that risky, maybe they won't produce but they won't be a liability defensively IMO.

The second line is supposed to score. I'm not concerned about them being defensive liabilities. Who's going to score?

By "risk" I mean that it's risky for a "built to win now" team to run with 1 scoring line and 3 "defensively responsible" lines. Good luck in winning a Cup with that recipe.

#2199 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

As 18/19 year olds here were their OHL numbers:

Gudbranson - 12 goals, 34 points in 44 games.
Pietrangelo - 8 goals, 29 points in 36 games.

Of course, you're only telling the part of the story that serves your argument.

OHL Career

Gudbranson: 148 GP, 17 G, 79 P
Pietrangelo: 180 GP, 37 G, 163 P

See the difference yet? More than double the goals and points in roughly 20% more games. But yeah, Gudbranson's the better offensive player.

Edited by King of the ES, 16 January 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#2200 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Luongo's value could go up if he plays well here in Vancouver and teams like the Leafs and Panthers, who want to make the playoffs, become desperate for what Lu could bring.

They're not going to become desperate. Calm yourself for a minute and ask why on earth either of these two teams would suddenly feel desperate to acquire Roberto Luongo.

Even if Toronto starts out bad, well, maybe Nonis sells them on the "proper" rebuild, and maybe he even looks to move guys like Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, etc. Acquiring Luongo would be nothing more than the same patchwork that they've been doing for the last decade. Same thing with Florida - if they start slow, and playoff/Cup hopes aren't looking too strong, that's perhaps the time that Tallon says, "OK, screw it, let's put Markstrom in there".

Please explain why/how anybody will suddenly get "desperate" to acquire him. If there was any serious urgency/desire from any team, this deal would already be done.

#2201 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Back end will stabilize everything anyhow.

Sure they will. You don't need to score to win hockey games, do you?

:bigblush:

#2202 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I like MacArthur more than Bozak, salaries removed from this discussion. Both is a bigger win, but not at the expense of a very good prospect. I'd take the deal with a 2knd and Kadri.

Add the salary back into the discussion and the cap relief benefits the Leafs; so including him in the transaction actually helps make a deal. I don't think anyone does not see them as rentals for us; so why the floating value on picks???

So what is the target now?

I think the deal should change a bit to include Clarke McArthur, the thing is from their side he is a useful top 6 forward, from our side he is probably a rental.

McArthur, Bozak, Kadri, Conditional Pick (2nd: If both McArthur and Bozak leave as UFA's. 3rd: if one of the 2 leaves, nothing if both are re-signed)

Is that a stretch or realistic? They added JVR so that bumps one of there regular top 6 wingers down, so maybe that wold be McArthur and it would leave him open to trade, they have some guys other than that too, Connolly, Lombardi, McClement, Frattin, Colbourne, Ashton, exc. Anyways Thoughts?

#2203 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

GM's will overpay at the deadline as they always do, and with the short season there will be less time for any team to create separation in the standings so when the deadline rolls around and more teams are on the cusp there will certainly be more players in the luongo sweepstakes.

I dont see the rush in trading him I think we'd only get less for Lou now.

GMs will overpay for guys with expiring contracts, or short term commitments. They won't overpay and decide on a whim to acquire a 34 year-old with 9 years remaining on his deal.

And please explain how Lou's value will increase over the course of this season. Even if he plays well, somebody needs to want him. So how's his value going to increase as Schneider's backup?

#2204 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Going 15-5 in those 20 games, instead of 10-10 with an average or unproven backup, could mean the difference of making the playoffs or not.

A .750 winning percentage. Good luck with that.

#2205 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

make it happen gillis :towel:

#2206 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

The second line is supposed to score. I'm not concerned about them being defensive liabilities. Who's going to score?

By "risk" I mean that it's risky for a "built to win now" team to run with 1 scoring line and 3 "defensively responsible" lines. Good luck in winning a Cup with that recipe.

Being defensively responsible is AV's theme. By playoff time Kesler and Booth will be back in top shape. You don't win a cup in the regular season.

#2207 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

if Luongo to Florida was as good as done- why has it not happened?
John Shannon and half the hockey world predicted that Luongo to Toronto would happen within 48 hours of the lockout ending.
How about 48 days?
48 weeks?
John Shannon really F'ed his reputation with his guarantee of Luongo to Toronto- oh wait, he has no reputation, because nobody cares what he says anyway, because we all know that he is a useless human being.

#2208 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

if Luongo to Florida was as good as done- why has it not happened?
John Shannon and half the hockey world predicted that Luongo to Toronto would happen within 48 hours of the lockout ending.
How about 48 days?
48 weeks?
John Shannon really F'ed his reputation with his guarantee of Luongo to Toronto- oh wait, he has no reputation, because nobody cares what he says anyway, because we all know that he is a useless human being.

The self importance that many of the 'sports' writers assume is pretty comical. Perhaps it is the association with atheletes who enjoy fan adulation.

I called a Lu trade between games 10 to 15. Gillis will have a hard time not addressing the 2nd line. If the Canucks are winning it obviously gives him more leeway. I just cannot see the NW not giving the Canucks more of a challenge. As much as we all hope that teams crater coming out of the gate and Gillis can rob them as a result there is no gurantees. Hoping that 2C is temperary with Kesler returning. Still consider the 2RW the main issue.

#2209 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Gudbranson is jackpot for us if we could get him for Luongo. The next Shea Weber
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#2210 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

TO's Sportsnet Cox's view

http://m.thestar.com...ngo-any-day-cox

Reading TO's rumors they are thinking Bozak and a 3rd is enough. If this is somewhat true and Gillis could have had Schenn and no cap penalty then he completely misread the market.

HALIFAX—You watch some of the world’s top hockey prospects parade in and out of physical testing and off-ice interviews, impressing one and all with their talent and their personality, and the reality hits you like, well, a two-by-four upside the head.
Why in the world would the Maple Leafs want to trade for Roberto Luongo now?
Or more specifically, why would they give up anything significant from the future to get him, particularly if it also impairs their ability to acquire more top-end prospects?
These are clearly questions worth asking even as talks continue between the Leafs and the Vancouver Canucks, talks that could in theory bring Luongo to southern Ontario as early as this week.
See, it seems the change from Brian Burke to Dave Nonis has clearly altered the tone of the conversation surrounding the Toronto franchise.
Whereas Burke would have been under the gun to make post-season play to save his job, that seems to be much less the case with Nonis.
The fact Nonis now has a new contract suggests he will actually get a fair chance to build a championship team, which means there should be less urgency today for the team to do whatever it takes just to make the playoffs this season.
If the team is good enough to qualify for the Stanley Cup dance as it is, well, James Reimer will obviously have demonstrated he can do the job.
If the team isn’t good enough, there’s a glorious draft class awaiting, major pieces of which are on display in Nova Scotia this week at the CHL Top Prospects Game.
Portland defenceman Seth Jones is here, and he leapfrogged over Halifax sniper Nathan MacKinnon on Tuesday to become North America’s top prospect for the 2013 NHL draft. Jones looks and acts like the very definition of a hockey thoroughbred.
MacKinnon, Sidney Crosby II in some minds, is a star in the making. His Mooseheads linemate Jonathan Drouin, who has skyrocketed to third in the rankings, impressed the planet at the recent world junior championships.
And it doesn’t stop there.
Sean Monahan of the Ottawa 67’s looks like a terrific prospect, and Kitchener’s Justin Bailey is a particularly intriguing one. This draft is so deep, talented youngsters like London’s Max Domi and Curtis Lazar of Edmonton have dropped out of the top 20.
Among the Europeans, Aleksander Barkov (Finland), Elias Lindholm (Sweden) and Russian winger Valeri Nichushkin — who burned Canada for a spectacular goal at the world juniors — appear to have surefire NHL talent.
Leafs chief scout Dave Morrison is here checking them all out, and he, above all people, could tell you why it is that his hockey team rarely sports any of the world’s top young talent.
He’s rarely in a position to draft them, that’s why.
That changed with the selection of Morgan Rielly with the fifth pick last June, and the best way to follow up on Rielly would be to add another blue-chipper, not a 33-year-old goalie.
The new collective bargaining agreement, of course, has also made Luongo’s contract even less attractive than it was before the lockout. That cap hit will follow whichever team has it until 2022 like a bad smell.
Sure, you might get five good years out of Luongo.
But you’ll get stuck with that contract for five more.
The answer, then, is that you only trade for Luongo if you don’t have to surrender anything of consequence. As if he were an unrestricted free agent. Then you can live with the fact he might improve the team enough to take it out of a top-10 draft position.
He’ll make you just good enough that you can’t get really good.
The Rangers, you’ll recall, gave up blueline prospect Tim Erixon and a first-round pick as part of a package to get forward Rick Nash.
The Leafs simply aren’t in a position to sacrifice those kinds of assets. Nazem Kadri? They’d be smarter to keep him after all the time invested in his development. Tyler Bozak? Sure, but only because he’s 26 and unrestricted next summer.
If Vancouver isn’t desperate enough to essentially give Luongo away just to be rid of the contract, then the Leafs shouldn’t pursue the matter.
The alternative, after all, is quite palatable. Maybe better.

Edited by sampy, 16 January 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#2211 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

A .750 winning percentage. Good luck with that.

Yes, because 20-game stretches with a .750 winning percentage almost never happen in Vancouver. No way is this team capable of .750...

...Except maybe last season, Jan. 10th through Feb. 26th, when the Canucks went 14-2-4, which works out to .800...

...Oh yeah, and Nov. 6th through Dec. 21st, when they even bettered that, going 16-3-1, which is .825...

But yeah, good luck with that!

Edited by D-Money, 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

#2212 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Reading TO's rumors they are thinking Bozak and a 3rd is enough. If this is somewhat true and Gillis could have had Schenn and no cap penalty then he completely misread the market.

HALIFAX—You watch some of the world's top hockey prospects parade in and out of physical testing and off-ice interviews, impressing one and all with their talent and their personality, and the reality hits you like, well, a two-by-four upside the head.
Or more specifically, why would they give up anything significant from the future to get him, particularly if it also impairs their ability to acquire more top-end prospects?
These are clearly questions worth asking even as talks continue between the Leafs and the Vancouver Canucks, talks that could in theory bring Luongo to southern Ontario as early as this week.
See, it seems the change from Brian Burke to Dave Nonis has clearly altered the tone of the conversation surrounding the Toronto franchise.
Whereas Burke would have been under the gun to make post-season play to save his job, that seems to be much less the case with Nonis.
The fact Nonis now has a new contract suggests he will actually get a fair chance to build a championship team, which means there should be less urgency today for the team to do whatever it takes just to make the playoffs this season.
If the team is good enough to qualify for the Stanley Cup dance as it is, well, James Reimer will obviously have demonstrated he can do the job.
If the team isn't good enough, there's a glorious draft class awaiting, major pieces of which are on display in Nova Scotia this week at the CHL Top Prospects Game.
Portland defenceman Seth Jones is here, and he leapfrogged over Halifax sniper Nathan MacKinnon on Tuesday to become North America's top prospect for the 2013 NHL draft. Jones looks and acts like the very definition of a hockey thoroughbred.
MacKinnon, Sidney Crosby II in some minds, is a star in the making. His Mooseheads linemate Jonathan Drouin, who has skyrocketed to third in the rankings, impressed the planet at the recent world junior championships.
And it doesn't stop there.
Sean Monahan of the Ottawa 67's looks like a terrific prospect, and Kitchener's Justin Bailey is a particularly intriguing one. This draft is so deep, talented youngsters like London's Max Domi and Curtis Lazar of Edmonton have dropped out of the top 20.
Among the Europeans, Aleksander Barkov (Finland), Elias Lindholm (Sweden) and Russian winger Valeri Nichushkin — who burned Canada for a spectacular goal at the world juniors — appear to have surefire NHL talent.
Leafs chief scout Dave Morrison is here checking them all out, and he, above all people, could tell you why it is that his hockey team rarely sports any of the world's top young talent.
He's rarely in a position to draft them, that's why.
That changed with the selection of Morgan Rielly with the fifth pick last June, and the best way to follow up on Rielly would be to add another blue-chipper, not a 33-year-old goalie.
The new collective bargaining agreement, of course, has also made Luongo's contract even less attractive than it was before the lockout. That cap hit will follow whichever team has it until 2022 like a bad smell.
But you'll get stuck with that contract for five more.
The answer, then, is that you only trade for Luongo if you don't have to surrender anything of consequence. As if he were an unrestricted free agent. Then you can live with the fact he might improve the team enough to take it out of a top-10 draft position.
He'll make you just good enough that you can't get really good.
The Rangers, you'll recall, gave up blueline prospect Tim Erixon and a first-round pick as part of a package to get forward Rick Nash.
The Leafs simply aren't in a position to sacrifice those kinds of assets. Nazem Kadri? They'd be smarter to keep him after all the time invested in his development. Tyler Bozak? Sure, but only because he's 26 and unrestricted next summer.
If Vancouver isn't desperate enough to essentially give Luongo away just to be rid of the contract, then the Leafs shouldn't pursue the matter.

Bozak and a 3rd? Ha! Even the article admits that is basically giving him away.

That article is ridiculous. "Why win when all it does is stop you from getting prospects? PROSPECTS!!!"

Just because you draft top-10 doesn't mean you get a surefire NHL star. Kadri was a 7th overall selection, Schenn was 5th, and yet neither look even remotely like franchise players. The 2007 4th overall, Thomas Hickey, was just let go on waivers. The #2 guy from that year, JVR, got traded because the Flyers weren't sold on him as a top-line forward.

The irony about that article is, the writer basically says TO should keep things status quo. The Leafs are already mediocre - good enough to stay out of a top-3 pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs. The writer still says, "let's see if we can make the playoffs", because it is still within reach. TO either has to inprove the team to beyond-mediocre and really go for the playoffs, OR, shed a key player or two to get REALLY bad. But the writer seems too ignorant to see the clear contradiction.
Posted Image

#2213 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Damien Cox loves to troll Vancover fans.

#2214 nzan

nzan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

HALIFAX—You watch some of the world's top hockey prospects parade in and out of physical testing and off-ice interviews, impressing one and all with their talent and their personality, and the reality hits you like, well, a two-by-four upside the head.
If the team isn't good enough, there's a glorious draft class awaiting, major pieces of which are on display in Nova Scotia this week at the CHL Top Prospects Game.
Portland defenceman Seth Jones is here, and he leapfrogged over Halifax sniper Nathan MacKinnon on Tuesday to become North America's top prospect for the 2013 NHL draft. Jones looks and acts like the very definition of a hockey thoroughbred.
And it doesn't stop there.
Sean Monahan of the Ottawa 67's looks like a terrific prospect, and Kitchener's Justin Bailey is a particularly intriguing one. This draft is so deep, talented youngsters like London's Max Domi and Curtis Lazar of Edmonton have dropped out of the top 20.
Leafs chief scout Dave Morrison is here checking them all out, and he, above all people, could tell you why it is that his hockey team rarely sports any of the world's top young talent.
He's rarely in a position to draft them, that's why.
The new collective bargaining agreement, of course, has also made Luongo's contract even less attractive than it was before the lockout. That cap hit will follow whichever team has it until 2022 like a bad smell.
But you'll get stuck with that contract for five more.
The answer, then, is that you only trade for Luongo if you don't have to surrender anything of consequence. As if he were an unrestricted free agent. Then you can live with the fact he might improve the team enough to take it out of a top-10 draft position.
He'll make you just good enough that you can't get really good.
The Rangers, you'll recall, gave up blueline prospect Tim Erixon and a first-round pick as part of a package to get forward Rick Nash.
The Leafs simply aren't in a position to sacrifice those kinds of assets. Nazem Kadri? They'd be smarter to keep him after all the time invested in his development. Tyler Bozak? Sure, but only because he's 26 and unrestricted next summer.
If Vancouver isn't desperate enough to essentially give Luongo away just to be rid of the contract, then the Leafs shouldn't pursue the matter.

Cox is the worst.

I agree with him on his take on the crappy team he has to cover. They do suck, they probably suck badly enough to get a good prospect next year.

Whenever he has anything to say about the Canucks; however, he can only see things through his Leaf colored glasses.

ie: Vancouver HAS to get rid of Luongo, he's not worth anything, let's do them the favour of taking him off their hands in exchange for nothing ... holy crap, King, are you Damien Cox?

Edited by nzan, 16 January 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#2215 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Did you miss the part " Take it for what its worth "

Edited by ccc44, 16 January 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2216 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Cox is the worst.

I agree with him on his take on the crappy team he has to cover. They do suck, they probably suck badly enough to get a good prospect next year.

Whenever he has anything to say about the Canucks; however, he can only see things through his Leaf colored glasses.

ie: Vancouver HAS to get rid of Luongo, he's not worth anything, let's do them the favour of taking him off their hands in exchange for nothing ... holy crap, King, are you Damien Cox?

More importantly i wonder who's glasses Dave Nonis looks through ?

Sometimes its a good idea to look at things from the other sides perspective too
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2217 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Gudbranson is jackpot for us if we could get him for Luongo. The next Shea Weber

Come one now , Shea Weber could be considered the best dman in the NHL right now
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2218 nzan

nzan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

More importantly i wonder who's glasses Dave Nonis looks through ?

Sometimes its a good idea to look at things from the other sides perspective too

Fair enough. I'm in Toronto, so unfortunately I get the Toronto perspective shoved at me even harder than the rest of the country. Nonis obviously looks through "let's make the Leafs better" glasses.

He knows Luongo would instantly make their team better, unless he had to overpay to get him. Toronto media; however, continue to repeat that IF they do us the favour of lifting Luongo off of our hands, that it better be essentially for free.

I think it's permeated the fanbase here to the point that Nonis' hands may be tied; if he gives up ANY real value, the trade will become the equivalent of Burke's Kessel deal.

#2219 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Spread the wealth.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weiss

With a stro,ng defense and arguably the best goaltending tandem in the NHL, we will be fine.

I posted the same lineup in the Booth injury thread. Experience supporting the youth on each line and possibly taking the best qualities of each player to ice the strongest lineup (without Kes and Booth) we can.

Obviously the question mark is Kassian, can he step up and make an impact there? Schroeder would mesh well with the likes of Higgins and Burrows, both talented, speedy, and aggressive on the forecheck, so it'd just be a question of if he adds to that line or just tags along.

Yes, because 20-game stretches with a .750 winning percentage almost never happen in Vancouver. No way is this team capable of .750...

...Except maybe last season, Jan. 10th through Feb. 26th, when the Canucks went 14-2-4, which works out to .800...

...Oh yeah, and Nov. 6th through Dec. 21st, when they even bettered that, going 16-3-1, which is .825...

But yeah, good luck with that!

Hahaha! :lol:

Edited by elvis15, 16 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2220 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Bozak and a 3rd ! LOL at the Toronto hacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.