3455 replies to this topic

#2281 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Lu to Tampa for Lecavalier and Tampa pays for 2 mill of Vinny's salary. Canucks buy out Vinny after 2 years,,,,Lu mentors Lindback and gets bought out after 2 years.

#2282 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Like what.

I can't really say at this point. That's what I mean by 'unexpected.'

Extra pieces, maybe extra teams, maybe extra trades, maybe a complicated financial formula, maybe a player not previously thought to be on the move, maybe a suitor considered to be a lesser option, maybe a divisional rival.

The only thing I feel pretty sure of is that it won't be the Bozak, Kadri and a 2nd type deal we keep hearing.

#2283 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

A blockbuster to beat all blockbusters?

What if it turns into a 3 way deal... Something along the lines of Philly ends up with Lu and Kadri, Bryz in Toronto, Coutourier, Gardiner and Torontos 2nd round pick to the Canucks...

Edited by sharnhayre, 16 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#2284 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Kessel has been great for them. If the Leafs had just been a bit better, or a team behind them won the draft lottery, it wouldn't have been so horrendous.

But as it turned out, there were two franchise-type players available that draft, and Leafs were terrible enough to let Boston get one of them. I doubt anybody thought they would be THAT bad.

Great? :sadno:

Yeah well Kessel scored some pretty good goals this year, but tanked down the stretch. And how many puck battles did he win?

And ask me if TO fans thought he was worth the farm his first year in town?

So let me get this straight, Burke was fired for not getting the leafs in the playoffs, but Cox thinks there's no pressure on Nonis now? So what, Nonis gets his own 5 years of excuses if why the leafs are not a playoff team, all while Leafs fans say its ok...... We don't enjoy the playoffs anyways! In his article he also says the leafs are better off drafting blue chip prospects rather than trading for Luongo... Sure, but its too bad they don't know how to draft. Lupul, Kessel, Phaneuf, Gardiner, MacArthur, vanriemsdyk were all traded for our signed, why stop the streak now?

The real reason the Leaf's sulk; point three is they are butter soft! That starts with Kessel and ends with desiring "truculent" guys instead of more guys like Grabovski (or Burrows, or Dustin Brown)) who simply bring a lunch bucket. I realize the Twins are accused of this, but try and knock them off the puck in the corners. Not enough work rate!!! Point two is the defense, which seemed a good combination of speed and skill guys (Liles, Gardiner) and muscle (Phaneuf/Komisarek), but has not worked. Case in point was Hansen (I think) skating right past Phaneuf; they are too frackin slow! Point One; the leagues worst performing goaltending tandem!

Toronto does have pieces, but they have not come together so also lots of work to do!

And in a reality check; Leaf's fans are pretty soft. When Reimer was 37th in save % they almost voted him into the all star game & thought he would be the second coming of Patrick Roy!

According to Bob McCowan and Neil Smith on Prime Time Sports talks heating up.

Price right now is Kadri and Gardiner.

Hmmmm; maybe Nonis was just playin poker when he said he wouldn't give up any young guns? :rolleyes:

I just can't stand the arrogance from the Toronto media. As if we should just give them Luongo, and that they would be doing us a favor.

Since when do you not have to give up vaulable pieces to get a top player?

The standard price in deals like this is a roster player, a prospect, and a pick. They can keep their roster player and pick and just give us two prospects.

Well for years they were told they should get more than TEN first rounders for Luke Schenn. And BB wouldn't gasbag about anything; so of course Torontonians have a right to expect good value?

:lol:

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 16 January 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#2285 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,038 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Lu to Tampa for Lecavalier and Tampa pays for 2 mill of Vinny's salary. Canucks buy out Vinny after 2 years,,,,Lu mentors Lindback and gets bought out after 2 years.

No way that happens. Straight up deal and we take on a majority of his cap hit? Gillis laughs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2286 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I want Lupul involved in a Toronto deal. Remember to get assets, you gotta give them.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#2287 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Toronto clearing cap space to take on Lu?

#2288 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I dont one good year doesnt = add to a trade.We have enough smaller forward,we need size not small!!
Posted Image

#2289 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

They just dropped $3.5 million in Lombardi as they sent him to Phoenix for a 4th round pick, becomes a 3rd if he re-signs....Leafs paying Lombardis $500,000 signing bonus and some salary

Edited by sharnhayre, 16 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#2290 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

They just dropped $3.5 million in Lombardi as they sent him to Phoenix for a 3rd round pick....

Yes, that's what I was referring to.

#2291 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

WOW! Cox vs Botchford. Battle of the titans! LOL. Man do these guys represent!

I think we should completely call Cox's moronic bluff.
We agree with you Cox. Luongo would be only be a band aid. Your team is fundamentally built on sand.
We are going to do you a favour - you are hereby excluded, for your own good, from the Luongo bidding.

I mean really, if I were the Leafs GM and my first task were to make a list of untouchables before I begin with the tear it down rebuild, I don't have one GD name on that list. What Leaf is indispensable? Not one.

The Leafs have a few good players that are worth their paydays.
Grabovski. Beyond him, the other players I would consider the most solid two way players on that team are both UFAs and LWs - Lupul and MacArthur...

Any way you look at it, that's just a sad hockey club. Phaneuf and Kessel are the last cornerstone players I'd want - I can't think of a single team in the NHL that doesn't have a pair of players I would much rather have.

If the rumour that the Leafs were willing to part with Gardiner and Kadri were true - my question would be how does a little finesse blueliner improve the Canucks? Only a few of the worst Leafs faced weaker competition last year - only one Leaf had a high percentage of offensive zone starts - and he still wasn't particularly impressive. Kadri is another guy who imo simply will not make the Leafs a better team, let alone the Vancouver Canucks.

The Leafs should keep the best of the worst and start the rebuild.
Huh, what's that? It's too late? They should have done that five years ago, whereas now the paperbaggers wouldn't tolerate yet another string of hopeless seasons of missing the playoffs.

Hey Cox. You're the team that is stuck between the rock and a hard place. Your lowball talk is sheer idiocy lol!

The Canucks are the team 'stuck' with two of the top 20 - at worst - goaltenders in the league - and one of the best rosters in the NHL - one that anything you have to offer scarcely improves...

Forget Luongo - it's a waste of time for both sides.
Next.

Edited by oldnews, 16 January 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#2292 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

It doesn't sound like TO cleared much more than $2 mil on this trade.

#2293 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Looks like they had 4.1mill cap space on capgeek, with Lombardi still listed. So freeing up 2 would make a Lu trade possible. Just sayin'.

#2294 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

It doesn't sound like TO cleared much more than $2 mil on this trade.

According to Capgeek the Leafs have just a shade over $4.1 million in cap space. Trading Lombardi and keeping some of his salary gives them a little room to get Luongo :bigblush:
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#2295 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image :shock:

#2296 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Dude that is old
Posted Image

#2297 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Schroeder, Bryzgalov, Brandon Manning & a Philly first to Columbus; Flyers pay half Bryzzy's salary.

Lou and Ballard to Flyers.

Voracek and Ryan Johansan to the Canucks.

:bigblush:

Been thinking the same. Wouldn't be surprised if we're all:

Posted Image

...when it all goes down.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 16 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#2298 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

That pic has been circulating for a few months. It was done as a joke

#2299 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Been thinking the same. Wouldn't be surprised if we're all:

Posted Image

...when it all goes down.

That's what I've been thinking my reaction will be when this trade finally happens. Hopefully it will be more like this when we find out what we get for Luongo

Posted Image

#2300 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Good post; but there is some hidden value.

Gardiner can carry the puck; for all the "good first pass out of the zone" guys we have, every now and again we certainly miss Erhoff's ability to lug the puck. That's what value Gardiner has! Unless Barker can do it (probably why we took on the risk), don't you hate those Edler drop passes to gain the zone on the PP when a guy potentially can deliver us to the (promised) offensive zone? Perhaps a guy who can put the puck on his stick and relieve defensive pressure, or break the trap?

I'd move Lou for Gardiner and Kadri; it would also give us an ELC contract to replace Ballard whom could be moved elsewhere.

I mean really, if I were the Leafs GM and my first task were to make a list of untouchables before I begin with the tear it down rebuild, I don't have one GD name on that list. What Leaf is indispensable? Not one.

The Leafs have a few good players that are worth their paydays.
Grabovski. Beyond him, the other players I would consider the most solid two way players on that team are both UFAs and LWs - Lupul and MacArthur...

If the rumour that the Leafs were willing to part with Gardiner and Kadri were true - my question would be how does a little finesse blueliner improve the Canucks? Only a few of the worst Leafs faced weaker competition last year - only one Leaf had a high percentage of offensive zone starts - and he still wasn't particularly impressive. Kadri is another guy who imo simply will not make the Leafs a better team, let alone the Vancouver Canucks.

Next.

#2301 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

It'll be kadri, Bozak, gardiner and a conditional pick for luongo a pick and Raymond

Kadri then gets flipped (eastern team?)

#2302 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Nobody at this stage is interested in Lu so there will be no trades before the season starts. It's a waiting game and because of the shortened season it could be until the summer before something happens.

Edited by samurai, 16 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#2303 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

nope , Salary cap is not an issue in Toronto
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2304 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

It'll be kadri, Bozak, gardiner and a conditional pick for luongo a pick and Raymond

Kadri then gets flipped (eastern team?)

Luo and Raymond wont get us that
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2305 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Schroeder, Bryzgalov, Brandon Manning & a Philly first to Columbus; Flyers pay half Bryzzy's salary.

Lou and Ballard to Flyers.

Voracek and Ryan Johansan to the Canucks.

:bigblush:

Did they accept the deal in NHL 13 ?
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2306 amkia

amkia

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Lp
Posted Image
credit goes to egatti

#2307 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Lombardi exchanged: The Leafs are they preparing the arrival of Luongo?

Posted Image

The Toronto Maple Leafs come forward exchange Matthew Lombardi to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for a conditional draft pick.

According to Darren Dreger of TSN , he is a 4th round pick, which could be a 3rd round pick if Lombardi re-sign with the Coyotes at the end of the season. The Leafs also agree to pay the signature bonus of $ 500,000 and a portion of the annual salary of $ 3.5M contract remains of the attacker.

This transaction led to wonder if the Leafs are not doing the place on their payroll in order to bring it another big salary ... Such as Roberto Luongo for example?

Except that the Canucks would like to get your hands on a center player for Luongo, and the Leafs come to exchange a player who held this position. The young Nazem Kadri is therefore rise in the hierarchy of the team. While going to Toronto to meet the demands of Vancouver?

We'll see ...

http://www.rumeursde...-roberto-luongo

FWIW, just posting here because not a legitimate source

#2308 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

And, no, we won't see him moved tonight:
Posted Image

#2309 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

And, no, we won't see him moved tonight:
Posted Image

Ever heard of white out?

#2310 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ever heard of white out?

Starts in 55 minutes. Doubt that's going to change at all. If it IS happening before the season, it'll be tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.