The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Oh no, I "ran down" Lapierre. Were your feelings hurt? He is a Canuck, after all. Fact is that he takes a lot of stupid penalties, which means that his ice-time needs to be limited.

And you're now calling Hodgson a floater? :lol: OK. Did his "Hardest Working Player" award, as voted by the OHL coaches, tell you that one? With Goc, fact is that he was a 20th overall pick that really hasn't ever amounted to anything. He's basically just a body - kinda like what Sami Pahlsson was, who you inexplicably think had such an effective run as a Canuck, so I guess it's not surprising that you're interested. Bring up all the obscure, meaningless stats that you can to try and validate your claim, fact is that Marcel Goc would not have a material impact on this team. Can I make a guess and assume that you were also in favor of the Marco Sturm signing, when it happened? How was his CORSI score?

As for Weiss, sure, he's their top C, but it's also widely known that negotiations aren't going well between the two. To make sure that another Bouwmeester doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved. The chance of Weiss being a Panther for the 2013-14 season, anyway, and beyond, is probably low, so it becomes logical for them to trade him. And besides, they've got the great Nick Bjugstad in their system, so who the heck needs Stephen Weiss?

:bigblush:

Oh no, I "ran down" Lapierre. Were your feelings hurt? He is a Canuck, after all. Fact is that he takes a lot of stupid penalties, which means that his ice-time needs to be limited.

And you're now calling Hodgson a floater? :lol: OK. Did his "Hardest Working Player" award, as voted by the OHL coaches, tell you that one? With Goc, fact is that he was a 20th overall pick that really hasn't ever amounted to anything. He's basically just a body - kinda like what Sami Pahlsson was, who you inexplicably think had such an effective run as a Canuck, so I guess it's not surprising that you're interested. Bring up all the obscure, meaningless stats that you can to try and validate your claim, fact is that Marcel Goc would not have a material impact on this team. Can I make a guess and assume that you were also in favor of the Marco Sturm signing, when it happened? How was his CORSI score?

As for Weiss, sure, he's their top C, but it's also widely known that negotiations aren't going well between the two. To make sure that another Bouwmeester doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved. The chance of Weiss being a Panther for the 2013-14 season, anyway, and beyond, is probably low, so it becomes logical for them to trade him. And besides, they've got the great Nick Bjugstad in their system, so who the heck needs Stephen Weiss?

:bigblush:

I've had a very firm position this whole time - you pretty clearly just have difficulties comprehending it.

It's actually quite simple; the Canucks should've traded Schneider while his value was sky-high, ideally after the 2010-11 Cup run. We could've gotten back something of great value from a whole lot of teams - Schneider has no NTC.

Since Gillis made the wrong move by doing nothing, we've been backed into a position where we're being forced to move Roberto Luongo. Two negatives there:

• Being "forced" to sell something immediately reduces your bargaining position

• Lots of constraints around Luongo: NTC, old, expensive, signed until 2022.

All of these things reduce our bargaining position. Have I ever said that Luongo's not any good? NO! My entire issue with this thing is that Gillis got too greedy with his two goaltenders, and we're now selling a good asset in Luongo with very little leverage in a weak market. Schneider would've gotten us a lot more in return and it's debatable as to who the better goaltender is, at this point.

Understand yet? Or do you need pictures/diagrams?

OK, I was nice to you in my last post but WTF? We should have traded Schneider? Dude...Schneider will be a top 10 NHL goalie after this season...mark my words. I'm sure glad you aren't GM of the Canucks.

In fact, please remove King from your name and replace it with peasant. That would be more appropriate.

You should check your sources - both of you appear to have taken too many...

And Weiss is the missing piece? Schenn and Gardiner are future franchise players? Definitely new news to me.

I get a kick out of the armchairs here who think they know all the players that are and aren't on the table.

Anyone can be hockeyyyyinnnssssssidderrrrrrrr!!!!

Archived