#2402 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

hey huffy... slow down .... breathe....calm

Don't feed the troll. Don't even read what he has to say.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2403 HUFFY

HUFFY

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

while I agree we should get a lot of good talent for Lu, his contract shoots down most attempts to negotiate what we think would be a good trade!! It seems any team with equivalent trades don't have the cap space for his contract so the alternative is for us to take a couple of 2nd or 3rd line centers just to be rid of his horrible contact. Way to go Gillis. It's come back to haunt you and us!!!......

#2404 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

CORY SCHNEIDER SAYS HIS GAME SIX CRAMP IN CHICAGO IN 2011 WAS THE RESULT OF "ANXIETY"

#2405 doobie

doobie

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

CORY SCHNEIDER SAYS HIS GAME SIX CRAMP IN CHICAGO IN 2011 WAS THE RESULT OF "ANXIETY"

Imagine the reaction of the fans if it was Luongo saying this. Backstabbing two-faced worst fans in the league.

#2406 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'll take my chances with Schneider's apparent panic attacks.. It has to be better than whatever the hell it is that happens to Lu when he decides its time to let in 8 goals in a playoff game.

#2407 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

How would people feel about this trade with Florida:

To Van:

Jovanovski (salary dump)
Goc
Clemmensen
Petrovic or Howden
2nd round pick

To Florida:

Luongo
Raymond

Making our playoff lineup:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Goc Hansen
Weise Malhotra Lapierre

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Jovo

Schneider
Clemmensen

Posted Image

#2408 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,904 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Not quite the same as a panic attack. Stress does play a role in both, but this is more just Cory not relaxing enough and staying tense when he shouldn't.

At this point, I'm only worried about Cory's ability to handle the puck outside the net (he's not very good at that) rather than his ability to stop pucks.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2409 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

To Van:

Jovanovski (salary dump)
Goc
Clemmensen
Petrovic or Howden
2nd round pick

To Florida:

Luongo
Raymond

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Goc Hansen
Weise Malhotra Lapierre

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Jovo

Schneider
Clemmensen

Don't like this trade at all. Jovo is injury prone and not even close to what he used to be. Goc is expendable. Howden and Petrovic are 2nd tier prospects. The 2nd meh.
I like Raymond. The Canucks have developed him. He is a good 2-way depth player, lots of skills and speed, coming off of horrible injury with something to prove.
Way rather Gardiner. Not even close.

#2410 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I'm going to keep my thoughts to my self on this one, especially in the trade Luongo thread......

#2411 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Don't like this trade at all. Jovo is injury prone and not even close to what he used to be. Goc is expendable. Howden and Petrovic are 2nd tier prospects. The 2nd meh.
I like Raymond. The Canucks have developed him. He is a good 2-way depth player, lots of skills and speed, coming off of horrible injury with something to prove.
Way rather Gardiner. Not even close.

Yea, but if we're trading with Florida, we're gonna have to take salary back. Jovo is their only really expendable top 4 defenseman, and could still be effective in a bottom pairing role. He would simply fill the cap space that Lu frees up until the offseason when he can be waived or bought out.

Goc is a very underrated 2-way player. He's basically what Malhotra was two seasons ago. He's great in the faceoff circle too.

Petrovic is hardly a 2nd tier prospect. The guys 6'4" and is a beast. Good in his own zone, loves to hit and fight. He's gonna be a stud in a couple years.

as for the 2nd round pick, it would be great if it was a first but I don't know if Florida would do that. Either way it would likely be a top 15 pick.

Of course Gardiner would be great, but I don't see it happening. He seems to be a part of Toronto's future plans.

Posted Image

#2412 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,863 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Schneider took some time to adjust to the AHL. But before long, he was the best goalie in the league.

Similarly, he took some time to adjust to the NHL. But before long, his regular season goalie stats are at the top of the league.

His first few playoff games were a bit shaky, but by the 2012 playoffs, he posted the best goalie stats of anybody in the playoffs - even better than Conn Smythe winner Jonathon Quick.

Maybe he does get some anxiety being put in a new situation. But he has been able to quickly overcome it, and be absolutely dominant while looking as cool as ice. His stats last season put Luongo's to shame.
Posted Image

#2413 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I had not that heard that.......where is that info coming from?

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+goalie+Cory+Schneider+knows/7830230/story.html

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2414 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Is this what we're supposed to panic about?
Schneider got a cramp two seasons ago as a rookie, playing in Chicago in the playoffs, in game 6 - a monster sized game by any standard - one in which he gave up a respectable three goals.
Sign me up - write him off!
That AV guy never gives rookies a chance!
Schneider just wilted under the pressure!
I've never heard of an athlete cramping up before...

Can anyone remind me how he made out in Boston last year?

Edited by oldnews, 17 January 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#2415 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

http://www.theprovin...0230/story.html

No need to open that link - I can smell a story Botchford would jump on a time zone away.

#2416 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Did you see him and Botch (Who I also think is kind of a idiot at times) go at it on twitter?

Lol at Cox's comment that Kadri, Bozak and a 2nd are waaay too much for Lu.

Yep, just read it, confirms my original post, Cox is and idiot.

#2417 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think if anyone can afford to give us a first it would be Florida. They are so stacked with prospects, I would really try to get their first if they aren't willing to budge on bjugstad.. Makes sense for them to stay firm on Bjugstad because they need developed players sooner than later. Where as were pretty set down the middle for a while and could use another first to possibly move up the draft and get the kid that is going to take the torch.

IMO a first is a must if they won't give up a top prospect.

#2418 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

http://www.theprovin...0230/story.html

Thanks Miller.

I wouldn't call that panic attacks.......that's just maturity, focus/game prep issue. Complete non-factor, imo.

#2419 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I think if anyone can afford to give us a first it would be Florida. They are so stacked with prospects, I would really try to get their first if they aren't willing to budge on bjugstad.. Makes sense for them to stay firm on Bjugstad because they need developed players sooner than later. Where as were pretty set down the middle for a while and could use another first to possibly move up the draft and get the kid that is going to take the torch.

IMO a first is a must if they won't give up a top prospect.

If they won't give up Bjugstad or Huberdeau, then a roster player, a first and a 2nd tier prospect like Howden or Petrovic

#2420 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

As someone who's had panic attacks, that's spooks the hell out of me. Maybe Luongo is the way to go, but who knows?

#2421 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

To Van:

Jovanovski (salary dump)
Goc
Clemmensen
Petrovic or Howden
2nd round pick

To Florida:

Luongo
Raymond

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Goc Hansen
Weise Malhotra Lapierre

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Jovo

Schneider
Clemmensen

Florida accepts that deal laughing. I fail to see how we improve at all in this deal..

So many wrong in that deal, for one, it has no centerpiece to it.

Jovo is 36 years old with 2 years left at 4.1m, the last thing MG should do is get another overpaid defenceman from Florida.
Goc's career high is 30 points, has never played a full season and never reached 15 goals. He's making 1.2m.
Clemmensen is a dime a dozen goaltender, i'd rather pick up Irving from waivers.
MG wont trade for Howden because it makes the Ballard deal look worse.

Basically we give them 2 NHL players and took their scraps and salary dump.

#2422 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

If they won't give up Bjugstad or Huberdeau, then a roster player, a first and a 2nd tier prospect like Howden or Petrovic

Yeah I would be comfortable with that.. I'd love howden 1st. Looking at their roster I'm not really sure who Is a significant enough upgrade that gillis would be willing to pull the trigger on. Keeping in mind taking a first would lower the quality of roster player coming back. Is goc really going to be better than lapierre in between Hansen and Higgins? Not in my mind. Top six is where we need help and I don't see getting that unless we send Raymond over as well. I can't see us doing that as he's the only player left on that line.. Might be tough to get away with a first

#2423 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Florida accepts that deal laughing. I fail to see how we improve at all in this deal..

So many wrong in that deal, for one, it has no centerpiece to it.

Jovo is 36 years old with 2 years left at 4.1m, the last thing MG should do is get another overpaid defenceman from Florida.
Goc's career high is 30 points, has never played a full season and never reached 15 goals. He's making 1.2m.
Clemmensen is a dime a dozen goaltender, i'd rather pick up Irving from waivers.
MG wont trade for Howden because it makes the Ballard deal look worse.

Basically we give them 2 NHL players and took their scraps and salary dump.

Well it's more of a realistic deal than most of the ones I've seen.

We're not getting Gardiner, Gudbranson, or Huberdeau. Those are pipe dreams.

Toronto looks like they're out of the Luongo running now. They'll probably end up going the rebuild root under Nonis. So Florida might be our last realistic trading partner.

In order to make a deal with them, we have to take back salary. I see so many deals where we trade Luongo and barely get back any salary. That's a very unlikely scenario. Teams are scared by Luongo's long term contract whether Gillis will admit it or not.

Goc is a third liner who can put up 30+ points and win faceoffs while shutting down the other teams top lines. Exactly what this team needed ever since Malhotra had his injury. He's an underrated player. And Clemmesen is more than an average backup. He had great numbers for Florida last season.

Petrovic is Florida's best prospect after Huberdeau, Gudbranson, and Bjugstad. He adds alot to the deal. Having him with a 1st or 2nd round pick would go a long way for this teams future. Plus we get roster players that would help us now.

Sure I would like it to be more, but I'm not expecting us to get a bunch of top prospects and picks. It just seems unlikely at this point. I think the best we can hope for is a couple roster players that help us now, plus a top prospect and a pick to help us in the future.

Edited by DeNiro, 17 January 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

#2424 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Luo, 4th
Goc, Upshall, Petrovic,1st.

Things have changed since the draft and with injuries - I'm not sure the target is as fixed on young center prospect.
I'd take a good two way tweener center like Goc - I like his game - and a contract like Upshall's that Florida might want to move, while at the same time a guy who could be a valuable roster player - I throw in the mid round pick for Upshall to make Tallon happy.
I've wanted Petrovic since the Luongo rumours started - I think he's the type of player we need in the pool - and as you mention - a 1st could be as or more valuable than an existing prospect.

I'd also offer them a pick or prospect for Clemenson if they see fit.
Drew Shore is another prospect that could fit nicely in the mix, and in behind a bunch of young talented Panthers C prospects.

As someone who's had panic attacks, that's spooks the hell out of me. Maybe Luongo is the way to go, but who knows?

When you get panic attacks does your groin cramp up?
Or are we talking about two fundamentally different things here? Being nervous, performing in highly intense conditions for hours and getting a cramp is not a "panic attack" imo. If I had a dollar for every time I saw an athlete get a cramp near the end of a game I'd have a car load of loonies.

Edited by oldnews, 17 January 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#2425 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,959 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

With Florida re-signing Kulikov and Kovalev coming over to fill a spot (apparently he's signing a 1yr deal), i can picture Tallon more willing to act on a Luongo deal now. Also picture multiple pieces being involved.

But likely teams will be in a holding pattern until something caves. A slow start by either the Canucks or Panthers would add pressure to make a move. So who starts slower?
Posted Image

#2426 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Luo
Goc, Upshall, Petrovic,1st.

Things have changed since the draft and with injuries - I'm not sure the target is as fixed on young center prospect.
I'd take a good two way tweener center like Goc - I like his game - and a contract like Upshall's that Florida might want to move, while at the same time a guy who could be a valuable roster player.
I've wanted Petrovic since the Luongo rumours started - I think he's the type of player we need in the pool - and as you mention - a 1st could be as or more valuable than an existing prospect.

I'd also offer them a pick or prospect for Clemenson if they see fit.

When you get panic attacks does your groin cramp up?
Or are we talking about two fundamentally different things here? Being nervous, performing in highly intense conditions for hours and getting a cramp is not a "panic attack" imo. If I had a dollar for every time I saw an athlete get a cramp near the end of a game I'd have a car load of loonies.

Now thats close to robbery.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2427 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

So lets say they dont want to give up Huberdeau/Gudbranson/Kulikov/Bjugstad.

----
To Vancouver:
- Matthias (800k RFA)
- 1st 2013

To Florida:
- Luongo
- Malhotra
- Rodin/Schroeder
----

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Matthias - Hansen
Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

#2428 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

So lets say they dont want to give up Huberdeau/Gudbranson/Kulikov/Bjugstad.

----
To Vancouver:
- Matthias (800k RFA)
- 1st 2013

To Florida:
- Luongo
- Malhotra
- Rodin/Schroeder
----

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Matthias - Hansen
Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

mg gets fired
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2429 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Now thats close to robbery.

You may be right - it depends upon how Tallon views Upshall. Is it a better deal for Florida without him included? I like him - but he's a 3.5 million cap hit whose been plagued by injuries. Is he a valuable roster player or a cap hit the Panthers would like to move? Personally I'd much rather take Upshall than Jovo (as much as I love Jovo) - I think the Canucks could use a guy like Upshall with upside and grit who can play either wing.

Edited by oldnews, 17 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#2430 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Well it's more of a realistic deal than most of the ones I've seen.

We're not getting Gardiner, Gudbranson, or Huberdeau. Those are pipe dreams.

Toronto looks like they're out of the Luongo running now. They'll probably end up going the rebuild root under Nonis. So Florida might be our last realistic trading partner.

In order to make a deal with them, we have to take back salary. I see so many deals where we trade Luongo and barely get back any salary. That's a very unlikely scenario. Teams are scared by Luongo's long term contract whether Gillis will admit it or not.

Goc is a third liner who can put up 30+ points and win faceoffs while shutting down the other teams top lines. Exactly what this team needed ever since Malhotra had his injury. He's an underrated player. And Clemmesen is more than an average backup. He had great numbers for Florida last season.

Petrovic is Florida's best prospect after Huberdeau, Gudbranson, and Bjugstad. He adds alot to the deal. Having him with a 1st or 2nd round pick would go a long way for this teams future. Plus we get roster players that would help us now.

Sure I would like it to be more, but I'm not expecting us to get a bunch of top prospects and picks. It just seems unlikely at this point. I think the best we can hope for is a couple roster players that help us now, plus a top prospect and a pick to help us in the future.

well the 'word' is from the insiders that MG set the price really high. So i expect were getting a blue chip prospect or an impact player or 1st.

If we get anything of what i mentioned in return, its a huge dissapointment for MG considering Burke allegedly offered Shenn straight up for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.