The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

45]

mystery_normal.jpg

it's not creepy. I have numerous contacts within the industry. I can contact ANYONE NHL related. Including Bettman.

LOl, take it for what it's worth but Luongo hasn't denied that those are last 4 digits so far.

:lol: I knew you were going to say this, I was just waiting.

So Cody Hodgson isn't great on faceoffs, does that mean he isn't a center? Jordan Schroeder isn't great on faceoffs, does that mean he isn't a center?

Center is more about positioning than faceoffs (though faceoffs are still important) Your reaching for something to backup your argument. Fleischmann is perfectly capable of playing center, he has in Colorado and Washington, He was converted to LW after the Booth trade to fill Booth's spot.

i agree with you, people seem to knock his defensive game too much. His foot speed doesnt allow him to stand out defensively like hansen or burrows but he is a very intelligent player and far from being bad defensively. He got robbed of the mvp at the wjhc in my opinion because he played in all situations, including the pk.

I agree with this, Couturier, Gardiner, Schenn, exc. Are off limits to us.

Of all the pieces potentially on the table from all the teams, I think Weiss is the best (Aside from the fact he is a Pending UFA) He would be the missing piece to our 2nd line IMO.

You were waiting and that's what you come up with?

Kids usually aren't very good in the face-off circle - it takes time - like it takes blueliners seasons to weather - to become a strong faceoff guy. Few young players are. But Fleischmann isn't a kid - he's a veteran - and he's a winger. And if it were up to me, I'd convert Hodgson to a winger as well.

Regarding positioning being the key part of the (defensive side of) center, did you miss the part that says...

"His play without the puck... generally lacking."

:lol:

Couturier >>>>>>> Hodgson

Miller also doesn't have a huge contract that requires the team to take on significant penalties, and it hasn't been publicized that he would like to leave and that Buffalo has to move him.

If the Flyers weren't willing to include Couturier or Schenn in a deal for Shea Weber, what makes you think they would be willing to for Luongo.

You guys are delusional.

Couturier for Luongo straight up makes total sense.

It's basically Hodgson for Miller.

How is this a pipe dream.

You're vastly underestimating what it's like to have a cup winning team and no goalie, they can afford to lose their 5th C

I've had a very firm position this whole time - you pretty clearly just have difficulties comprehending it.

It's actually quite simple; the Canucks should've traded Schneider while his value was sky-high, ideally after the 2010-11 Cup run. We could've gotten back something of great value from a whole lot of teams - Schneider has no NTC.

Since Gillis made the wrong move by doing nothing, we've been backed into a position where we're being forced to move Roberto Luongo. Two negatives there:

• Being "forced" to sell something immediately reduces your bargaining position

• Lots of constraints around Luongo: NTC, old, expensive, signed until 2022.

All of these things reduce our bargaining position. Have I ever said that Luongo's not any good? NO! My entire issue with this thing is that Gillis got too greedy with his two goaltenders, and we're now selling a good asset in Luongo with very little leverage in a weak market. Schneider would've gotten us a lot more in return and it's debatable as to who the better goaltender is, at this point.

Understand yet? Or do you need pictures/diagrams?

And you continue to completely ignore Luongo's age and contract, like he's the same 27 year-old guy that we traded for back in 2006.

OK, oldnews, good luck with that. I wouldn't be going out and ordering a Sean Couturier or Wayne Simmonds Canuck jersey quite yet, though.

Archived