The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Is anyone else praying to the good god above that we don't trade with Toronto?

Kadri and Bozak?! Isn't Bozak a free agent at the end of the year? So that's Kadri--a player who can't even perform consistently for the tragically awful Leafs, and, essentially, a rent-a-player who, if he performs well at all, is due for a raise.

No thanks.

I don't think Luongo will get much in return, especially compared to the optimistic offers you see tossed around here. But I hope the inevitable disappointment comes from a team outside of Ontario.

Weiss makes 3.1 Right now and he will get a raise, somewhere in the neighbor hood of 4-5+ IMO, can we afford that and Edler at 5-6+? Not sure, Raymond would have to go, Ballard would be gone, That would also usher Higgins out the door probably, I would love Weiss, not sure how realistic it is from Florida's side, but I think if Weiss was coming here we would probably want a prospect (Petrovic?) and a condidtional pick perhaps.

everybodies stats in the west was dramitically down......moastly due to a very very competitive west....

henrik was still the top west pt getter and thats without Daniel for ten games ....and a strugglling injury plagued 2nd line.... so I wouldnt read alot into that...example first 48 gms henrik 11-31=52pts daniel 20-30=50pts

If Philly is in that is where he will go because Snyder will certainly buy Lu out after the 2nd year.

To those who do not think Lu's contract is not an issue, Kirk Mclean has not played in the NHL for 12 years, and he is 46 years ols, so his contract would have just expired 3 years ago if he signed a 12 year deal at the same age as Lu did.

Archived