The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

How has Weiss outpreformed him. Carter had 34 points in 55 games this year, 66P in 80 last year, 61 in 74 the year before.

Weiss had 57 in 80 last year, 49 in 76 the year before, then 60 in 80 the season prior.

Looks to me like Carter has been the better player, and he's not a pending UFA, what point are you trying to make anyways? I said it would be more of a toss up, which means it's not a sure thing but if I had the choice I would likely chose Carter, then you bring up what he was traded for? Not sure what point you are trying to make at this point.

Lets get off the Florida Toronto Philly talk for a bit.

Gillis apparently says there's more interest than people realize and the new cba has gained more interest.

Anyone got ideas who it may be? I'm guessing maybe New Jersey

Also says he's not feeling pressured at all to trade him right away but he does have options. I believe him, if he's really feeling the pinch he'd be gone today.

I doubt it, they just sign Broduer to a 2 year deal and it was a pretty big contract.

I think Toronto and Florida are the only teams in the running right now, and Philly might be seriously in the running in the offseason, that's pretty much it, the market isn't all that big.

Lets get off the Florida Toronto Philly talk for a bit.

Gillis apparently says there's more interest than people realize and the new cba has gained more interest.

Anyone got ideas who it may be? I'm guessing maybe New Jersey

Also says he's not feeling pressured at all to trade him right away but he does have options. I believe him, if he's really feeling the pinch he'd be gone today.

New Jersey is interesting to me.

Imagine if they made a trade for Luongo now, and kept Brodeur until the end of next year as well? In a 48 game season with Kovalchuk up front and Luongo and Brodeur keeping the GAA low.. they could repeat what they did last year or better..

Zajac + a young player interests me a lot, because Zajac can play LW or C and possess that 'playmaking' ability that so many people agree the Canucks lack on the 2nd line. Plus he can play C if there's an injury to Hank or Kesler or if the 3rd line needs a boost. Zajac had a 58 percent faceoff win percentage last year, and 55 the year before. He's pretty big and has put up 40+ assists twice. The Devils could also use a top-9 winger back .... and as everybody knows Raymond is pretty darn expendable.

To Vancouver: Travis Zajac, Jon Merril

To NJD: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, 2nd round pick

New Jersey is interesting to me.

Imagine if they made a trade for Luongo now, and kept Brodeur until the end of next year as well? In a 48 game season with Kovalchuk up front and Luongo and Brodeur keeping the GAA low.. they could repeat what they did last year or better..

Zajac + a young player interests me a lot, because Zajac can play LW or C and possess that 'playmaking' ability that so many people agree the Canucks lack on the 2nd line. Plus he can play C if there's an injury to Hank or Kesler or if the 3rd line needs a boost. Zajac had a 58 percent faceoff win percentage last year, and 55 the year before. He's pretty big and has put up 40+ assists twice. The Devils could also use a top-9 winger back .... and as everybody knows Raymond is pretty darn expendable.

To Vancouver: Travis Zajac, Jon Merril

To NJD: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, 2nd round pick

I am guessing from Gillis' interview this saga will continue through this short season and maybe into the summer

I don't buy his comments on all the interest and deals on the table. He is trying to manipulate the media to stir up interest around the league.

Im guessing if interest exists its lowball offers.

He should however, be cautious because he could end up bent over like Howsen.

On the bright side Oldnews and King can continue to express the overwhelming passion they have towards each other.

Bring on 6.0

I am guessing from Gillis' interview this saga will continue through this short season and maybe into the summer

I don't buy his comments on all the interest and deals on the table. He is trying to manipulate the media to stir up interest around the league.

Im guessing if interest exists its lowball offers.

He should however, be cautious because he could end up bent over like Howsen.

On the bright side Oldnews and King can continue to express the overwhelming passion they have towards each other.

Bring on 6.0

Meh.. I honestly have no idea what kind of person kulikov is and I'm basing this just in the fact he's Russian but is he the kind of young greedy Russian, or does he put getting the cup first? I'd rather throw in something else and try for gudbranson. He's a total package(no homo)

Archived