The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Meh.. I honestly have no idea what kind of person kulikov is and I'm basing this just in the fact he's Russian but is he the kind of young greedy Russian, or does he put getting the cup first? I'd rather throw in something else and try for gudbranson. He's a total package(no homo)

We know he's valuable.. I'm simply exploring other ways of tackling the luongo situation, try and trade a hefty package for a guy like gudbranson and then trade edler for a hefty package. I'm not saying its doable but if it was I'd say its a pretty damn good idea

The only thing I see working against Edler is his rfa status, but that's just business.

Most if the proposals here involving Edler are six of one half dozen of the other at best.

Shaking up the d core on a whim isn't a good idea in a perfect schedule let alone a reduced one with so many other roster variables at the moment.

A healthy Edler is a variable eliminated. A known heavy hitting offensive dman.

The only thing I see working against Edler is his rfa status, but that's just business.

Most if the proposals here involving Edler are six of one half dozen of the other at best.

Shaking up the d core on a whim isn't a good idea in a perfect schedule let alone a reduced one with so many other roster variables at the moment.

A healthy Edler is a variable eliminated. A known heavy hitting offensive dman.

Gillis will trade Lu within 15 games played. By that time teams will feel their seasons threatened if they aren't winning. Van gains nothing by keeping him longer. 34 years old sounds worse than 33. The short season leaves far more teams in the CUP hunt later into the season.

Either Luo or Scheids will play superbly. If the other holds his own, perhaps options should be held open. If gillis can't wrangle TWO great pieces(for Luongo & a lesser piece), then I'm glad if he holds out. This is the hammer he holds that he is wise use patiently.

If at the draft, Schneider would obtain a huge haul, it might be the best option after all. They could probably replenish their system with a couple fine young prospects/players. You'd have another year with Roberto, & more time to see what they have in Lack & Cannata. There's still 3 'tender options there, with balance/depth being inserted over the coming seasons.

Hey, what was the original predictions of how long this thread would go before a trade? Also, what is the sum of posts for version 1.0-4.0 Luongo trade thread so far?

My prediction: We keep him for the shortened season, and go deep in the playoffs. Thread extends to v6.0 minimum

What?

You make up stuff with the best of them.

I like Gaunce as a pick. I have never said 'oh he's a future top line center' - 'he's the next Jordan Staal' blah blah - as people are with Reilly - 'a #1 defenseman' blah blah - and no, Gaunce does not have greater value than an NHL veteran who has repeatedly put up top line numbers. Simple stuff. He's a prospect - a good one - but that is all.

If I'm "sold" on anyone in the Canuck's prospect pool it is Jensen. That doesn't make him worth more than Dustin Brown.

Hey, what was the original predictions of how long this thread would go before a trade? Also, what is the sum of posts for version 1.0-4.0 Luongo trade thread so far?

My prediction: We keep him for the shortened season, and go deep in the playoffs. Thread extends to v6.0 minimum

Archived