3455 replies to this topic

#2851 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

This loss was a team effort!! It's ironic how this team's old and lame bad habits are comin' back to bite them right square in the a$$ = there are three periods to this game!!! Dejvu = bigtime!!!........

another poster who couldn't hit the mark with a machine gun !!!

#2852 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's also frustrating for a goaltender to have a shutout through two periods and then have to watch his defenseman (who just signed a contract worth 5 million per year) let an opposing player walk around him with three seconds left in the period....

...he probably should have made that save, but he shouldn't have had to.

Yup...no excuse...Lou played that like a peewee !!

#2853 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

On the Hemsky goal he was allowed to walk straight in and take a shot. Burrows was covering that side, and couldn't match the speed of Hemsky. He wasn't pressured at all.

Eberle's goal was just sick. It is soooo difficult to read a backhand, and I think Lu was staying deep because he expected a centering pass or wrap around.

Anyone blaming Lu for that loss is either uninformed, unintelligent, bias, or all of the above. He shares the blame, but by no means was he the problem.

First of all...Lou has to play the shot and the angle....if he had position....could never have gone in....Lou cheats all the time....and gets burned too often. PLAY THE FREAKIN SHOT DUMBASS !!

#2854 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I am not a Luongo fan as you all know and even I can reconize it wasnt the goaltending.

The Hemskey goal was weak, the Eb goal is highly underestimated, I can't think of many that can lift a back hander like that considering the angle and speed it was pretty awesome actually.

Team got flat at the exact moment the Oil shook of the rust.

These points are important, but its like the second game after 8 months of nothing so people need to relax.

Also looks like the trade rumours are next to dead so get use to it

Bob Luo will be here the season.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#2855 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

First of all...Lou has to play the shot and the angle....if he had position....could never have gone in....Lou cheats all the time....and gets burned too often. PLAY THE FREAKIN SHOT DUMBASS !!

I hear what you're saying Smurf - Luo wasn't squared up on the Eberle backhand and therefore left room over his shoulder. That is a slightly frustrating technical mistake - perhaps cheating on what he appeared to assume would be a crossing pass. Inopportune time and game changing, but I can't complain about his overall performance On the Hemsky goal he wasn't out of position - he simply let it find a hole under his arm - an (imperfect) reaction goal that happens to everyone. If anything Luo appeared to play deeper than we may normally expect of him, particularly on a rush opportunity - didn't seem to come out as far as he tended to when challenging. All in all, I preferred the Luo we saw last night - I think he was generally playing deeper in his net, was never caught out of position on a rebound due to over-reacting/committing/flopping. I would say he paid the opposite price he usually does - for playing deeper - which I can actually live with. I don't expect technical perfection - and imo the Luo that played last night made me far less anxious than the Luo that gets himself out of position - and by that I mean his location not simply his angle as on the Eberle backhand.
First start of the year - wasn't all that rusty. Best #2 in the NHL. :bigblush:

#2856 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Where is King? Hodgson with another highlight reel goal and he's not here to rub it in? Bizarre.

#2857 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Personally, aside from the shootout, the Hemsky goal, and to a lesser extent the Eberle goal, I thought Luongo made some good saves and had a good game.

#2858 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Where is King? Hodgson with another highlight reel goal and he's not here to rub it in? Bizarre.

Smasshian posted somewhere that KotES got banned.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2859 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I am not a Luongo fan as you all know and even I can reconize it wasnt the goaltending.

The Hemskey goal was weak, the Eb goal is highly underestimated, I can't think of many that can lift a back hander like that considering the angle and speed it was pretty awesome actually.

Team got flat at the exact moment the Oil shook of the rust.

These points are important, but its like the second game after 8 months of nothing so people need to relax.

Also looks like the trade rumours are next to dead so get use to it

Bob Luo will be here the season.

I read your link in the newsthread Noheart. Thanks for posting - I enjoy anything that inspires me to tell Toronto to go have sex with themselves.

If it were a case of Luo to TO, or stay here, I'd have to go with let it cool off - in fact let it freeze right over.

That article is another case of exactly what Gillis was referring to.

"Gillis’s critics are second-guessing him for not moving Luongo prior to the lockout, accusing him of setting too high a price for the netminder.
He responded by blaming “a team that was extremely interested in acquiring Roberto” using “every means possible” – including the Toronto media – to force him into making a deal he didn’t feel was right."

Who are the "critics" though? Gillis' crystal ball may not have been working before the lockout, when there was no reason to believe the second line would be without both Kesler and Booth. That's the kind of hindsighting that the Province might engage in, but I personally am ecstatic if a deal for Luke Schenn was turned down. Wondering how these hindsighting idiots imagine Schenn would be bolstering the second line lol.

Not only that, but Gillis didn't "blame" Toronto - he simply slammed them for attempting to negotiate in such a pathetic way through their dimwit media. Sounds like they've constructed a fantasy scenario where Gillis and the rest of us out here are bitter that they took their lowballs off the table lol. No looking back, no blame, no regrets - simply go suck it Toronto!

#2860 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

highlight reel goal? it bounced off his chest dude

#2861 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

another lame performance last night. Lu looked like amateur hour out there. Maybe he looked a little to amateurish. I think he could be tryin' to hurry up this trade process. What better way to throw a game then in the shoot out!!!.....

:picard:

zackass.png

#2862 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

highlight reel goal? it bounced off his chest dude

He was being sarcastic

zackass.png

#2863 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Worm hole

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#2864 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Smasshian posted somewhere that KotES got banned.

Yeah Ari PM'ed a mod and got him to give King a little "timeout".

And boy it feels nice to not seeing his asinine posts with contradiction left and right and logic that gets flipped upside down whenever king wants.

Ahh I will miss this time when he is back.

zackass.png

#2865 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Lou wasn't to blame for the Eberle goal, that was a sick snipe from a player with oodles of talent, who likely got a bit lucky but great players do.

Second goal, yes he should have stopped but it happens, he let in 2. We should have won letting in 2 goals and the amount of pp's we had.

What concerns me is the following, and yes its only game 2 (which even I've said) but what I'm worried about is:

1. Lou was really dejected after that loss. I think the longer he's here the worse its going to get for him, he's beating himself up now because everyone one else has...Kind of the way an abused kid starts thinking he's worthless because his dad beats him up...Its going to get worse mentally for him the longer he's here. Moreover, the mental aspects have never been his strongpoint.

2. This lack of emotion. Granted we're missing Kesler and Booth, who tend to bring alot of emotion/energy but the team just seems to acting like its preseason. (other than a few). Kind of like the 'we'll turn it on' come playoff time attitude last year, seems to have carried over...

3. I actually think the nucks have to think bigger than moving just Lou. I think they need an injection of enthusiasm, attitude, feistyness that they had many years ago and seemed to have lost, they have lost their 'swagger' and don't seem to really want it back...I have watched how pittsburgh, philly, boston have started and the seem hungry, we're nonchalant. Again, I know its game 2 but what worries me is this how we played going into the playoffs last year and its carried over.

4. Don't flame me, but I think perhaps Bieksa, Lou and perhaps Hansen need to be moved in a blockbuster for those things mentioned above. Not sure what they end up being, who they are but a change is needed to wake this team up and bring some emotion / hunger back into their game (a la kassian). This often happens to teams that have regular season success but never quite do it in the playoffs, they become content..and I'm worried we're seeing that..

#2866 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yup...no excuse...Lou played that like a peewee !!

Sorry Smurf but Lu was great, made alot of big saves, and being at the game, it felt great to chant Luuu.

It wasn't goaltending, Lu did his part. We just couldn't execute.

zackass.png

#2867 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Lou wasn't to blame for the Eberle goal, that was a sick snipe from a player with oodles of talent, who likely got a bit lucky but great players do.

Second goal, yes he should have stopped but it happens, he let in 2. We should have won letting in 2 goals and the amount of pp's we had.

What concerns me is the following, and yes its only game 2 (which even I've said) but what I'm worried about is:

1. Lou was really dejected after that loss. I think the longer he's here the worse its going to get for him, he's beating himself up now because everyone one else has...Kind of the way an abused kid starts thinking he's worthless because his dad beats him up...Its going to get worse mentally for him the longer he's here. Moreover, the mental aspects have never been his strongpoint.

2. This lack of emotion. Granted we're missing Kesler and Booth, who tend to bring alot of emotion/energy but the team just seems to acting like its preseason. (other than a few). Kind of like the 'we'll turn it on' come playoff time attitude last year, seems to have carried over...

3. I actually think the nucks have to think bigger than moving just Lou. I think they need an injection of enthusiasm, attitude, feistyness that they had many years ago and seemed to have lost, they have lost their 'swagger' and don't seem to really want it back...I have watched how pittsburgh, philly, boston have started and the seem hungry, we're nonchalant. Again, I know its game 2 but what worries me is this how we played going into the playoffs last year and its carried over.

4. Don't flame me, but I think perhaps Bieksa, Lou and perhaps Hansen need to be moved in a blockbuster for those things mentioned above. Not sure what they end up being, who they are but a change is needed to wake this team up and bring some emotion / hunger back into their game (a la kassian). This often happens to teams that have regular season success but never quite do it in the playoffs, they become content..and I'm worried we're seeing that..

1. Ehh, I don't think it is that he is down on himself, personally I think he isn't putting as much pressure on himself to be the "go to guy", I just think he is more chill and relaxed and is just kind of in the mindset that he is fine being here for the meantimes and that we can use him when we want and he will go in and give it his best shot, I really think the pressure is off him which is great for him at this stage.

2. I understand your concerns but I think this particular point is too early to judge, Kassian and Weise really brought alot, and honestly I'm not sure how much emotion you expect in the first few games with some key injuries, Playoffs are a long time away, we can't worry about that right now we have to get our season moving in the right direction first.

3. This is kinda like #2, and It's the same thing, all those teams have gone through moments where they played like this, I watch the entire Philly/Pit game and Pit looked exactly like we have in the 2nd half of the game, NYR hasn't looked good either. Again not too worried, I'm actually happy we haven't peaked yet, cause last year we hit our emotional high in January, and this year we need to hit our peak preformence wise and emotion wise come playoff time, again not to worried, gotta continue to knock the rust off, stay in the moment and focus on Calgary.

4. Bieksa and Hansen were 2 of our best players in the last run, Hansen especially is a played who is made for playoff hockey, Bieksa is inconsistent at times and I am one who calls him out alot for it but going to the game last night I actually notice first hand how important he is 2 this team, seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me, no need to do anything drastic, if the right deal comes along for Lu then take it, if not we just gotta go with what we can get, and continue to work on execution and staying in the moment, honeslty no reason we shouldn't win, we played better 5 on 5 than edmonton last night and that was with rust and 2 of our top 6 forwards gone, so I'm not as worried as some.

So if we can get a good deal for Lu, (Which seems unlikely ATM, Bozak and Kadri both are playing very well, Kadri has 2 goals in 2 games and has really improved defensively, from watching the last 2 games I can honestly say alot of the concerns you raised about him earlier don't seem to be noticable, and then Bozak has a goal and has been one of there best two way players (He was key tonight, won 18 of 23 faceoffs) So I don't see a move being made right now but just hold on, Scrivens was alright tonight but I suspect that there goaltending will dip eventually.

No need to overreact, just focus on Calgary.

zackass.png

#2868 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

So Gillis says there's a potential deal in place that's pending that team getting rid of a certain player. And he says its a team that no one's talking about.

Any thoughts?

Philly? San Jose? Tampa Bay? NYI?

Edited by DeNiro, 21 January 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2869 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

1. the Canucks are a team that didn't have any key players play in Europe. Nor in the minors (Edmonton). So they will take 5 games to get up to game speed. The Oilers top line has been playing together all year in the minors. Forget the Oilers, the canucks aren't capable of playing 60 minutes right now, they need 5 games to get up to speed...

2. they have some injuries, and are struggling on the trade front right now. 2 goalies is a waste of cap space when you only need one of that caliber.

3. the canucks always start slow. Like at first they don't want to play for AV, and then later realize they are playing for themselves and get on with it. I don't think they hate him, but they take 10 games or so to buy into his world again so it works. When they don't buy in, he is gone.

Edited by canucksnihilist, 21 January 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#2870 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Like, how?

“Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2Ifn967AR

Posted Image

#2871 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

So Gillis says there's a potential deal in place that's pending that team getting rid of a certain player. And he says its a team that no one's talking about.

Any thoughts?

Well, people are talking about Philly so I don't know if that would count.

Chicago picked up Karlson...... to be our backup? Unlikely but throwing things out there.

#2872 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Like, how?

Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2Ifn967AR

As a STH this really pisses me off if that is all that's holding up a deal but I guess I can understand, somewhat.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2873 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Any thoughts?

I thought it was Philly bec I have seen rumours on twitter (who knows) but it was interesting, Hartnell and a first..and issue was / is apparently other team has to make a move first (rid of bryz?)

But then he said, it not a team people think.

I think its the Islanders, I think you see Ballard, Lou, May Ray moving...

I think you see Strome, Martin and a draft pick or dman coming back...(buyout of diepetro needed?)

Hopeful and a guess but I suggested this trade earlier in the year and it makes alot of sense for the Nucks, would also make sense with Vandermeer going down (Martin's tough as nails)..

Also makes sense for the Isles. As I said in another post, they are in a new city, as much as people want to think alot of fans will come from long island, there weren't alot coming to begin with, move to brooklyn, need to attract new fans who are used to chearing for a much better ranger team. What better way than a star like Lou?

Add in the veteran experience to a young team, ballard as well and they could compete for a spot. They are lacking goaltending and veteran presense and veteran dmen. They are strong at center, where we are weak..it makese sense to both sides.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 21 January 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#2874 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts

Hartnell + 2013 1st, or so they say on twitter.

Apparently a deal is in place with a team that 'no one thinks' is in the mix. So let's start throwing random NHL clubs out there that might need help with goaltending... TB, NYI, PHI, ANH, SJ, ?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2875 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,050 posts

Well, people are talking about Philly so I don't know if that would count.

Chicago picked up Karlson...... to be our backup? Unlikely but throwing things out there.

Yea, I don't know how serious those talks have ever been though. Kind of just a rumor that came out of nowhere and was shot down real quick.

I honestly don't believe it would acutally be Philly though. Buying out Bryz that quickly would just be horrible management.

Posted Image

#2876 niklas

niklas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Lp

#2877 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Would Lou actually wave his NTC to go to the Islanders?

#2878 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Would Lou actually wave his NTC to go to the Islanders?

Not likely. It is close to Florida though.

They're in a nice new arena and have an up and coming team.

But, no I don't think so.

Posted Image

#2879 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hartnell + 2013 1st, or so they say on twitter.

Apparently a deal is in place with a team that 'no one thinks' is in the mix. So let's start throwing random NHL clubs out there that might need help with goaltending... TB, NYI, PHI, ANH, SJ, ?

can you give me a link to where this rumour for Hartnell is coming from?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#2880 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Sedin Sedin Hartnell :bigblush:

I could see Philly trading Bryz for some help on D. And then flip Hartnell and 1st for Lu.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.