3455 replies to this topic

#2881 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

For Mike to even say that in a interview a deal must be real close. If it isn't, this is just going to add to the gong show and be more of a distraction.

#2882 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Tampa bay with us taking Ohlund back
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#2883 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I think the team is the Flyers. Although they've been discussed, I don't think anybody has really considered them serious contender in the Luongo sweepstakes. They usually are pretty bold with their moves as well.

I can either see Hartnell, B. Schenn, or Couturier coming back. (Hopefully one of the young guys!)

As for the cap dump that they want us to take, looking at Capgeek, I've tried to narrow it down to a few players:

Briere(doesn't make sense to give up another forward, but aging and expensive)
Talbot(1.75 is a fair price, but Laughton's playing great and they can save some money by playing him in Talbots role full time)
Pronger(doesn't count towards cap hit since he's hurt, but they still pay his salary if he's injured correct? Could save owners some money)
Grossman(good 4/5 defensive defenseman, they have too many of those with Coburn, Schenn, Mezsaros. A tad overpaid at 3.5)
Bryzgalov(thrives in a defensive system much like Elliott in St. Louis, but is overpaid and exposed by a shaking Flyers defence. Could still bounce back, I wouldn't give up on him yet)

Note: Flyers really can't afford to give up defence right now, but I have a dooming feeling that Tanev could be involved in a package, sending us one of Grossman or Meszaros (more cap relief for them, Tanev's involvement could be adding to hesitance on our part?)
Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#2884 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

For Mike to even say that in a interview a deal must be real close. If it isn't, this is just going to add to the gong show and be more of a distraction.

I completely agree. Over the last 9 months, we have never heard Gillis openly say that he has a deal in place, but is waiting for some other activity to happen. It makes no sense if something was not close, as like you stated, it just adds distraction. My feeling is that something is pretty close, and they're just working out the secondary pieces and refining the deal. I could see something happening by the end of the week.

Edited by Hamhuis2, 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM.

Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#2885 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Someone no one is thinking of....?

Feaster is moving Kipprusoff while he can still get some value for him? Already moved Karlsson, losing faith in Irving? Will finally set Iginla free?

Luongo, Ballard, Ebbett.

Glencross, Giordano, Backlund.

#2886 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

Yeah, not a big game at all.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

And... What if it was Luongo got shelled?

#2887 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hartnell + 2013 1st, or so they say on twitter.

Apparently a deal is in place with a team that 'no one thinks' is in the mix. So let's start throwing random NHL clubs out there that might need help with goaltending... TB, NYI, PHI, ANH, SJ, ?

Malone, prospect, & a 1st the equivalent Tampa offer?

Yea, I don't know how serious those talks have ever been though. Kind of just a rumor that came out of nowhere and was shot down real quick.

I honestly don't believe it would acutally be Philly though. Buying out Bryz that quickly would just be horrible management.

But signing Bryzgalov in the first place was a total Ed Snider decision to begin with. There were plenty of reports that Holmgren and the rest of management were adamantly against it.

"I don't care, I'm tired of losing because of sh!tty goaltending. Go out there and get me Bryzgalov."

That's not verbatim, but you get the idea. If Snider was crazy enough to go against all his hockey experts' knowledge and make a personnel decision all on his own, surely he'd be crazy enough to remedy his mistake (instead of making his management clean up his soiled bed sheets).

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2888 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I think the team is the Flyers. Although they've been discussed, I don't think anybody has really considered them serious contender in the Luongo sweepstakes. They usually are pretty bold with their moves as well.

I can either see Hartnell, B. Schenn, or Couturier coming back. (Hopefully one of the young guys!)

As for the cap dump that they want us to take, looking at Capgeek, I've tried to narrow it down to a few players:

Briere(doesn't make sense to give up another forward, but aging and expensive)
Talbot(1.75 is a fair price, but Laughton's playing great and they can save some money by playing him in Talbots role full time)
Pronger(doesn't count towards cap hit since he's hurt, but they still pay his salary if he's injured correct? Could save owners some money)
Grossman(good 4/5 defensive defenseman, they have too many of those with Coburn, Schenn, Mezsaros. A tad overpaid at 3.5)
Bryzgalov(thrives in a defensive system much like Elliott in St. Louis, but is overpaid and exposed by a shaking Flyers defence. Could still bounce back, I wouldn't give up on him yet)

Note: Flyers really can't afford to give up defence right now, but I have a dooming feeling that Tanev could be involved in a package, sending us one of Grossman or Meszaros (more cap relief for them, Tanev's involvement could be adding to hesitance on our part?)

I'd do:
Phi: Luongo, Raymond
Van: Hartnell, Briere, 1st

zWXdYPq.png

#2889 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

So apparently Hartnell is coming here? :bigblush:

#2890 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,341 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Tampa bay with us taking Ohlund back

Clearly, he's the impact player we really want as the centrepiece in a deal. :rolleyes:

I love Ohlund for his time here, but he has little to no value in a hockey sense any more. He's not playing (or even skating) currently after surgery on both his knees. It's not even like he has an affordable contract to make it attractive at all, playing or not. The only bonus is he's not on a 35+ contract so his cap hit will disappear when he most likely retires after this season.

There's a reason why we didn't match a similar deal to Tampa's, same with Salo.

Someone no one is thinking of....?

Feaster is moving Kipprusoff while he can still get some value for him? Already moved Karlsson, losing faith in Irving? Will finally set Iginla free?

Luongo, Ballard, Ebbett.

Glencross, Giordano, Backlund.

For the same reason we aren't likely to do an Edmonton deal, they're in the same division. What you've proposed doesn't look so attractive for either team anyway.

Edited by elvis15, 21 January 2013 - 09:48 PM.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2891 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Alright I'll take a stab at it. I'll say it's Washington, because they haven't been mentioned, and have a huge question mark in goal. I'll say that their attempted cap dump is Roman Hamrlik at 3.5m, of which we cannot use a 38 y/o defender who had a dismal season last year.

I'm going to assume the core of the deal centres around prospects or we manage to pry Johansson away from them (highly unlikely). I also doubt they move 2012 1st rounder Filip Forsberg. So let's say it's:

Van
Tom Wilson (RW)
Ryan Stoa ( C)
Roman Hamrlik (D)

Was
Luongo
Raymond

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2892 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Would Hartnell wave his NTC to come here? He seems pretty happy in Philly.

#2893 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,341 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yeah Ari PM'ed a mod and got him to give King a little "timeout".

And boy it feels nice to not seeing his asinine posts with contradiction left and right and logic that gets flipped upside down whenever king wants.

Ahh I will miss this time when he is back.

Again, I haven't had to see his posts for some time, unless someone else quotes him that is.

Now is the opportune time to put him on ignore like I did after the Weber offer sheet thread debacle and then you don't have to bother with all the idiocy of trying to debate anything logically with him.

Hartnell + 2013 1st, or so they say on twitter.

Apparently a deal is in place with a team that 'no one thinks' is in the mix. So let's start throwing random NHL clubs out there that might need help with goaltending... TB, NYI, PHI, ANH, SJ, ?

The only thing I've seen is that Hartnell's rumoured to be dating the hot Philly weather girl.

Scott Hartnell is Hanging Out with Philadelphia’s Hot Weather Girl, Sheena Parveen
Posted Image

But feel free to share where you saw it if you have a link.

Edited by elvis15, 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2894 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Toronto will take Bryz. They don't have to move much to get him... right in their price range.

Luo Schroeder
Couturier Simmonds

#2895 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Would Lou actually wave his NTC to go to the Islanders?

6 months ago no, now i'd think he just wants out and fresh start. They don't have a 'terrible team'. They have one of the best young centers in the game in tavares, and alot of youth. With goaltending they might make it in, and then you never know.

they have improved every year since tavares has been there.

#2896 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

So Gillis says there's a potential deal in place that's pending that team getting rid of a certain player. And he says its a team that no one's talking about.

Any thoughts?

Philly? San Jose? Tampa Bay? NYI?

I know it's not a team isn't unexpected, but I have a feeling it might be Florida, and the hold up is waiting on Theodore to perhaps waive his NTC, I think maybe with the way Huberdeau, Kovalev and Mueller have played that maybe the piece coming our way is Weiss, I know it's an old thought but that was something that struck my mind.

Another thing that struck my mind is that maybe it is a different deal entirely, one that doesn't include Lu. That's the first thought that came up, maybe we are looking at acquiring a center from someone else, who knows though.

Van
Tom Wilson (RW)
Ryan Stoa ( C)
Roman Hamrlik (D)

Was
Luongo
Raymond

Ehh, I don't see how it helps us, know it sounds crazy but I would rather Raymond than Stoa, and the rest of the deal doesn't help us much. Wilson is a nice piece but I don't think he will be what some think.

zackass.png

#2897 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

For the same reason we aren't likely to do an Edmonton deal, they're in the same division. What you've proposed doesn't look so attractive for either team anyway.

I don't buy that 'division' argument, particularly in the case of the Flames.

You don't think much of Glencross, Giordano (and Backlund)? Tough to please.

If I were criticizing the deal, I'd say Luo never waives to go to Cowtown.

Edited by oldnews, 21 January 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#2898 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Would Lou actually wave his NTC to go to the Islanders?

6 months ago no, now i'd think he just wants out and fresh start. They don't have a 'terrible team'. They have one of the best young centers in the game in tavares, and alot of youth. With goaltending they might make it in, and then you never know.

they have improved every year since tavares has been there.

#2899 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Again, I haven't had to see his posts for some time, unless someone else quotes him that is.

Now is the opportune time to put him on ignore like I did after the Weber offer sheet thread debacle and then you don't have to bother with all the idiocy of trying to debate anything logically with him.

:lol: That gave me a chuckle, I'll consider your advice, although I somewhat enjoy reading what he says just to see how unbelievable he is and the lengths he will go to try to justify his stupid theories.

zackass.png

#2900 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Unless he's playin the media like he says Toronto was? :rolleyes:

#2901 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Or the "no one thinks" part is a diversion so as not to annoy the potential trade partner.

#2902 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,641 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I know it's not a team isn't unexpected, but I have a feeling it might be Florida, and the hold up is waiting on Theodore to perhaps waive his NTC, I think maybe with the way Huberdeau, Kovalev and Mueller have played that maybe the piece coming our way is Weiss, I know it's an old thought but that was something that struck my mind.

Yep, Weiss makes sense. Everyone is assuming that it's cap space they have to dump, but it could be as simple as having to convince a player to waive their NTC.

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Theodore has a NTC that he would have to waive. And he's been reluctant to waive it in the past.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2903 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

The Isles have a lot to work with...

#2904 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Is Hartnell married? Could be taking lessons from Pronger... :wub:

The only thing I've seen is that Hartnell's rumoured to be dating the hot Philly weather girl.

Scott Hartnell is Hanging Out with Philadelphia’s Hot Weather Girl, Sheena Parveen
Posted Image

But feel free to share where you saw it if you have a link.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 21 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#2905 y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Where are these Hartnell rumours coming from?

#2906 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Gillis:

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.
Like, how?
“Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy."

Could be a deal with the Caps. Maybe they have to do something with one of Neuvirth or Holtby before they make move for Luongo. If they waited until afterwards they would not get the same return.

I'd love to see Kuznetsov come back as part of package. He'll be in the KHL for this season and next but when he gets here he's a star. A game breaker that Canucks need.

#2907 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,641 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Where are these Hartnell rumours coming from?

I have yet to find them either. I guess that's why you shouldn't listen to heresay on here. :lol:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2908 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted ImageMillerdraft, on 21 January 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Getting two 1sts in this draft, on top of Hartnell, would be a coup d'etat. I was fine with signing a 36-40 year old Doan but getting Hartnell from age 30-35 would be even better.

I would take this deal too. Makes sense. Philly has enough young, big bodied forwards so they can handle moving Hartnell. They also have enough young up and comers ie: Schenn, Couturier so they can afford to move their 1st.

This deal helps the Canucks now and in the future as 2 1sts would give them significant clout at the draft and Hartnel adds exactly what they need.

Those 2 1sts could be 29th and 30th though. Wouldn't that be something.

The only thing is Hartnell has a NTC. Does he waive it after signing long term extension?

Edited by WHL rocks, 21 January 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#2909 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

I think we would have an easier time getting Simmonds over Hartnell.

#2910 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

man this thread is full of stupidity
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.