The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

i think you need to recheck your geography,  vancouver is about 350-400km further in distance(straight line)  then edmonton..

you could rephrase it to say, furthest team other then vancouver..    and its not like he would see his family less if he played in edmonton then he has while playing in vancouver..

Wishful thinking.

For one, if we're already getting Gardiner, we're DEFINITELY not getting Kadri OR Reimer or ANY other semi-valuable asset. Secondly, They need Reimer as a backup because Gustafsson isn't good enough to be Lu's backup: not enough potential there, in my opinion anyway. Thirdly, you can't just assume everyone wants our garbage (Raymond) coming their way.

Everybody hates Raymond.

i think you need to recheck your geography, vancouver is about 350-400km further in distance(straight line) then edmonton..

you could rephrase it to say, furthest team other then vancouver.. and its not like he would see his family less if he played in edmonton then he has while playing in vancouver..

I think Nonis should give it up with the Burke poker face.

Burke was believable - when he says he's stubborn enough not to pay a price for goaltending, I didn't doubt him.  We've seen how he operates.

But Nonis is the one that went public that the Leafs need a veteran goaltender.  An admission that put Burke between a rockier and a harder place.

Now he's saying things like 'we want a veteran but we don't want to trade any players that would make the team in front of him not quite as good, and we don't want to trade our young players, and we don't want to move any of our young reserve assets....'

Santa Claus has already come and gone.  If he didn't drop a veteran goaltender at center ice of MLG, the Laffs may want to put their Lalala dreams to rest.  In real life, most of us have to pay for things.

Nonis must realise his only chance of keeping that job is if the Leafs make the playoffs. They will have a much better chance with Luongo in net. He isn't going to get him for mid level prospects, surely he realises that a top prospect has to go the other way.

Gagner is definitely one of the pieces Edmonton would be trying to send back. They are using the fact his dad works for the Canucks as bait.

I brought this whole Edmonton thing up a couple months ago and because I wouldn't reveal my "source" you didn't believe me.

teachers suck there days because of the unions.. bad teachers cant get fired because they cry afoul. i had more then a few teachers who would routinely leave class to drink. 1 who was completly emotionally unstable and cried at her desk. and 1 who got high constantly, would fall asleep at his desk and told me i could get high off nutmeg.. and those were just my english teachers lol

I hope the Canucks want to trade Lu at 33 rather than 34. They will lose value otherwise. Gillis might wait for 10 - 15 games to get the value he wants as the season will wind down quickly. The Van CUP timeline almost demands Lu bring back a top player and in his case a forward. If Kesleer is progressing as well as they said yesterday then I still think a RW might be a target.

I still hope Gillis's deal brings a top player (RW) + prospect + a pic. Throwing in a piece on Van's end if necessary.

Raymond is not a throw away. His 25 goals (which could have been 30) is nothing to sneeze at. He has had time to recup his back. I am very curious to see him in action as well as Lappy. My hunch is Lappy take a hard run at the 3rd C spot. He has all the skills. He had the absolute sickest shift produced by a Canuck last season.

LOL - I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that ridiculous. It's basically: "I want a valuable player, but don't want to give up anything of value to get it."

There's no UFA's left. The only way you're getting a goalie for nothing is if he's washed up or horrendously overpaid.

...Bryzgalov?

Gagner is definitely one of the pieces Edmonton would be trying to send back. They are using the fact his dad works for the Canucks as bait.

I brought this whole Edmonton thing up a couple months ago and because I wouldn't reveal my "source" you didn't believe me.

Nonis must realise his only chance of keeping that job is if the Leafs make the playoffs. They will have a much better chance with Luongo in net. He isn't going to get him for mid level prospects, surely he realises that a top prospect has to go the other way.

teachers suck there days because of the unions..  bad teachers cant get fired because they cry afoul.   i had more then a few teachers who would routinely leave class to drink.  1 who was completly emotionally unstable and cried at her desk.  and 1 who got high constantly, would fall asleep at his desk and told me i could get high off nutmeg..   and those were just my english teachers lol

but back to subject, i seriously doubt geography has much to do with it.  playing in Edmonton, or Toronto  he still needs to go thru airport crap, and take a few hour flight.  sure Toronto would be 2-3 hours closer.. but he can really only go home when they have a 4-5 day break (wont be any this season) ...    

during the season you have to basically live in the city your playing in..  so its not that Edmonton is far, its that edmonton is a dive and no one really wants to live there

Archived