3455 replies to this topic

#2941 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I could see the deal involving Toronto, but not not Lu going there, or it being a three way trade.

It'll be a team that nobody even thought wanted to upgrade their goaltending sending a goalie to Toronto and then trading for Lu.

That's how I see it going down. Something like Toronto trading for Hiller, and then Anaheim trading Ryan to Vancouver for Luongo plus a couple prospects. I don't think the situation has changed for him in Anaheim, so that's a possibility in my mind.

What about Miller in Buffalo? Not too much longer on his contract and there were rumours there a while while back.

Luke Adam rumoured to be unhappy with treatment...

To Buffalo: Roberto Luongo
To Vancouver: Luke Adam + __________ (from Toronto) + Reimer
To Toronto: Ryan Miller

#2942 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Oh man, if MG ever got Bobby Ryan out of ANA it would be great. Luongo +?

Edited by WHL rocks, 21 January 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#2943 SOB for MVP

SOB for MVP

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I find it hard to believe that Luongo would go to Philly.

I understand that "all signs point" to the Flyers and Bryzgalov with the mystery player, but I find it hard to believe that they would turn their back on him after the big contract and only one season. Yes I understand he played dismal in the post-season, but I find it unlikely that they would bring in Luongo over him (at this point).

Posted Image

sig by -VC-

#2944 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Oh man, it MG ever got Bobby Ryan out of ANA it would be great. Luongo +?

Lu + MayRay + Ballard?
Posted Image

#2945 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

What about Miller in Buffalo? Not too much longer on his contract and there were rumours there a while while back.

Miller wants to go to California. His wife is an actress so he wants to move closer to her. I don't see him going to TO.

Edited by WHL rocks, 21 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#2946 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Sorry Smurf but Lu was great, made alot of big saves, and being at the game, it felt great to chant Luuu.

It wasn't goaltending, Lu did his part. We just couldn't execute.

I did not say he didn;t play well, but did say, on the backhander that he played IT like a peewee...and he did.

#2947 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

No chance in Hell we get Strome let alone Nino and Strome +

zackass.png

#2948 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Buffalo is an interesting destination. They have a ton of money and I could see Miller in Toronto. I'd love a guy like to be a part in that deal.

Edited by Italia2006, 22 January 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#2949 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I find it hard to believe that Luongo would go to Philly.

I understand that "all signs point" to the Flyers and Bryzgalov with the mystery player, but I find it hard to believe that they would turn their back on him after the big contract and only one season. Yes I understand he played dismal in the post-season, but I find it unlikely that they would bring in Luongo over him (at this point).

Holmgren has shown to make radical moves in hopes for high reward though.

#2950 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Not sure if Toronto has the pieces to get Miller.

Wasn't there a Miller for Patrick Kane rumor in the summer?

I'm not sure if it would be worth it for Buffalo to dump Miller for Luongo though. Miller is younger and better. Unless someone was willing to offer something they couldn't turn down of course.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2951 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Lou wasn't to blame for the Eberle goal, that was a sick snipe from a player with oodles of talent, who likely got a bit lucky but great players do.

Second goal, yes he should have stopped but it happens, he let in 2. We should have won letting in 2 goals and the amount of pp's we had.

What concerns me is the following, and yes its only game 2 (which even I've said) but what I'm worried about is:

1. Lou was really dejected after that loss. I think the longer he's here the worse its going to get for him, he's beating himself up now because everyone one else has...Kind of the way an abused kid starts thinking he's worthless because his dad beats him up...Its going to get worse mentally for him the longer he's here. Moreover, the mental aspects have never been his strongpoint.

2. This lack of emotion. Granted we're missing Kesler and Booth, who tend to bring alot of emotion/energy but the team just seems to acting like its preseason. (other than a few). Kind of like the 'we'll turn it on' come playoff time attitude last year, seems to have carried over...

3. I actually think the nucks have to think bigger than moving just Lou. I think they need an injection of enthusiasm, attitude, feistyness that they had many years ago and seemed to have lost, they have lost their 'swagger' and don't seem to really want it back...I have watched how pittsburgh, philly, boston have started and the seem hungry, we're nonchalant. Again, I know its game 2 but what worries me is this how we played going into the playoffs last year and its carried over.

4. Don't flame me, but I think perhaps Bieksa, Lou and perhaps Hansen need to be moved in a blockbuster for those things mentioned above. Not sure what they end up being, who they are but a change is needed to wake this team up and bring some emotion / hunger back into their game (a la kassian). This often happens to teams that have regular season success but never quite do it in the playoffs, they become content..and I'm worried we're seeing that..

Bure..if you think that was a good goal on the backhand that Lou let in...then it only shows how little you know about goaltending....going low was NOT the right move !

#2952 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm not sure if it would be worth it for Buffalo to dump Miller for Luongo though. Miller is younger and better. Unless someone was willing to offer something they couldn't turn down of course.

Maybe for the sake of stability. With Miller becoming an UFA somewhat soon, it's possible the management doesn't think they can re-sign him. He's been in and out of the rumour mill for a while, esp. when there were those games when Don Cherry was blasting them for not standing up for their goalie and Lucic got him.

#2953 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Maybe Chicago is willing to offer that deal still. They seem pretty desperate for a goalie and I'm sure Ehrhoff has been asked about Lu if Buffalo is truly interested.

#2954 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,758 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Luongo and 10 1st rounders for Kuznetzov's rights. :emot-parrot:

#2955 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Maybe Chicago is willing to offer that deal still. They seem pretty desperate for a goalie and I'm sure Ehrhoff has been asked about Lu if Buffalo is truly interested.

That's an interesting point: Ehrhoff, Sulzer and Cody also already have familiarity with Luongo. If Raymond was part of the deal too, there'd be quite a bit of familiarity.

#2956 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Well then maybe it's Crawford to Toronto, Luongo to Chicago. I doubt it.

The point is, it could be alot of teams that people just assume aren't gonna trade their goalie.

But I see the precursor of a Luongo trade being a goalie not named Luongo going to Toronto. That's my prediction.

Posted Image

#2957 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Very possible that we see a deal sooner than later. Would explain Vandermeer being placed on waivers for an extra roster spot if we're taking back a goalie (Bryzgalov) and a player tomorrow.

#2958 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Well then maybe it's Crawford to Toronto, Luongo to Chicago. I doubt it.

The point is, it could be alot of teams that people just assume aren't gonna trade their goalie.

But I see the precursor of a Luongo trade being a goalie not named Luongo going to Toronto. That's my prediction.

Yeah, your point about Hiller also makes sense with the Carlyle connection..

#2959 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Very possible that we see a deal sooner than later. Would explain Vandermeer being placed on waivers for an extra roster spot if we're taking back a goalie (Bryzgalov) and a player tomorrow.

Maybe why Schroeder is being held out of action? Maybe he's involved. :shock:

But really, I don't see a deal going down tomorrow. That move was most likely made in order to make room for Schroeder.

But rumors are still fun. Like how about Luongo to Tampa for Malone and Connolly (d4).

Posted Image

#2960 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

People are suggesting Luongo for Hartnell + 1st?

Are you kidding.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#2961 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Maybe why Schroeder is being held out of action? Maybe he's involved. :shock:

But really, I don't see a deal going down tomorrow. That move was most likely made in order to make room for Schroeder.

But rumors are still fun. Like how about Luongo to Tampa for Malone and Connolly (d4).

LOL.

Another thought: there was all that talk of Perry nearly coming here for a deal centered on Hodgson + Schneider and Ballard as a cap dump... is Luongo, Schroeder, Raymond, a pick comparable?

#2962 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

CBJ aren't as bad as the Leafs, and nowhere near the headache for Luo.

Howson finds a way of moving Mason and creates a post Nash stir in a relatively similar deal, having a stable of C and blueline prospects and an extra 1st round pick...

Luongo Ballard

Dubinsky Nikitin Savard 1st

Edited by oldnews, 22 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#2963 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

LOL.

Another thought: there was all that talk of Perry nearly coming here for a deal centered on Hodgson + Schneider and Ballard as a cap dump... is Luongo, Schroeder, Raymond, a pick comparable?

If they really thought they weren't gonna be able to re-sign him, it's possible. But I think they're going to do everything they can to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry. Maybe trading for Luongo shows those two that the franchise is committed to winning long term. Who knows?

I see Ryan being the most likely to go out of the three though. He's already publicly voiced his displeasure with management, and he's been linked in rumors for the past few seasons. Maybe they finally decide to just cut him loose.

But any team with Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Koivu, and Luongo is a formidable one. Plus Anaheim makes sense for Luongo. It's a veteran team with a chance to win, plus it has similar weather to Florida so his wife will be happy.

Edited by DeNiro, 22 January 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Posted Image

#2964 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Breakdown of teams needing a goaltender:

Anaheim ducks- no
Boston bruins-no
Buffalo sabres-no
Flames-no
Hurricanes-no
Blackhaws-yes
Avalanche-no
Blue jackets-yes
Stars-no
Redwings-no
Oilers-yes
Panthers-yes
Kings-no
Wild-no
Canadiens-no
Predators-no
Devils-yes
Islanders-yes
Rangers-no
Ottawa-no
Flyers-yes
Coyotes-no
Penguins-no
Sharks-no
Blues-no
Lightning-yes
Leafs-yes
Washington-yes
jets-no

So from these teams: Have sub par goaltending

Blackhaws-yes /can't see trading within conference and rival
Blue jackets-yes /can't see because trade for bobrovsky and need for skill on D and O
Oilers-yes /can't see trading within division and rival
Panthers-yes /can't see cause Theodore is playing well and Markstrom is arguably best goalie not in NHL
Devils-yes/ can't see with lack of offence and brodeur in net
Islanders-yes/ probable but unlikely with Dipietro signed for another 9 years and vokoun. edit: forgot about buyout... makes Islanders alot more likely. Don't know if management can bite the bullet to buyout Dipietro.
Flyers-yes
Lightning-yes/ unlikely with lindback trade
Washington-yes
Leafs-yes /don't see them trading away their #1&2 centers. I just don't think they have the pieces to make canucks better.

Conclusion for trading partners:
I think Washington & Flyers pose, really the only likely, trading partners. Both teams are in the top 10 teams in the league and can easily make a far playoff push. Their gms are desperate and hungry to upgrade goaltending. Both these teams have great prospect depth.

What do you guys think? Agree/disagree?

Edited by Z. Kassian, 22 January 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Posted Image

#2965 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Luongo, Raymond, Schroeder

Bryzgalov, Couturier

This could and should happen.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#2966 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Hate to be this person, but http://forum.canucks...rade-thread-40/

#2967 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

If they really thought they weren't gonna be able to re-sign him, it's possible. But I think they're going to do everything they can to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry. Maybe trading for Luongo shows those two that the franchise is committed to winning long term. Who knows?

I see Ryan being the most likely to go out of the three though. He's already publicly voiced his displeasure with management, and he's been linked in rumors for the past few seasons. Maybe they finally decide to just cut him loose.

But any team with Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Koivu, and Luongo is a formidable one.

Good points.

Even getting into our own speculation though, I see Philly being the most evident team.. maybe Nonis will go after Bryz though.

#2968 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,758 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Luongo, Raymond, Schroeder

Bryzgalov, Couturier

This could and should happen.

How does that help the cap.
There's no way the Aqualini's are going to let Gillis trade for Bryzgalov and then sign a $35M buyout cheque either.

#2969 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Breakdown of teams needing a goaltender:

Anaheim ducks- no
Boston bruins-no
Buffalo sabres-no
Flames-no
Hurricanes-no
Blackhaws-yes
Avalanche-no
Blue jackets-yes
Stars-no
Redwings-no
Oilers-yes
Panthers-yes
Kings-no
Wild-no
Canadiens-no
Predators-no
Devils-yes
Islanders-yes
Rangers-no
Ottawa-no
Flyers-yes
Coyotes-no
Penguins-no
Sharks-no
Blues-no
Lightning-yes
Leafs-yes
Washington-yes
jets-no

So from these teams: Have sub par goaltending

Blackhaws-yes /can't see trading within conference and rival
Blue jackets-yes /can't see because trade for bobrovsky and need for skill on D and O
Oilers-yes /can't see trading within division and rival
Panthers-yes /can't see cause Theodore is playing well and Markstrom is arguably best goalie not in NHL
Devils-yes/ can't see with lack of offence and brodeur in net
Islanders-yes/ probable but unlikely with Dipietro signed for another 9 years and vokoun. edit: forgot about buyout... makes Islanders alot more likely. Don't know if management can bite the bullet to buyout Dipietro.
Flyers-yes
Lightning-yes/ unlikely with lindback trade
Washington-yes
Leafs-yes /don't see them trading away their #1&2 centers. I just don't think they have the pieces to make canucks better.

Conclusion for trading partners:
I think Washington & Flyers pose, really the only likely, trading partners. Both teams are in the top 10 teams in the league and can easily make a far playoff push. Their gms are desperate and hungry to upgrade goaltending. Both these teams have great prospect depth.

What do you guys think? Agree/disagree?
Posted Image

#2970 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Plenty of ways to interpret what MG said.

Having to do something with another player they have.......hmmmmmm???

Weiss resigning or not in Florida. Plausible but hardly not anyone "no one has thought of".

Maybe Mattias Ohlund and whether or not he will retire due to bad knee's...Lou to TB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.