The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] TOR - VAN

The Plug is included in the deal as a buyout so he holds no value. Bozak had 2 points less then Kesler last season an about 34 less penalty minutes, the goalie is a backup that we can trade once Lack is ready to backup Schneider. And a TML 2nd round pick should be 35th-45th which is a damn good pick imo.

I now realize you have very little hockey knowledge.

So what's a reasonable trade for Luongo ? Nobody else has said anything ? If my deal doesn't work then what does ?

Didn't realise he was the 2nd coming of Patrick Roy and was gonna stop choking in the playoffs. So what should we ask for ? Kadri, Gardiner and a 1st ?

So what's a reasonable trade for Luongo ? Nobody else has said anything ? If my deal doesn't work then what does ?

Didn't realise he was the 2nd coming of Patrick Roy and was gonna stop choking in the playoffs. So what should we ask for ? Kadri, Gardiner and a 1st ?

If we get more then that I will be surprised and pleased. I don't think Luongo holds as much value as other people think he does but that's all up for debate. We might find out as early as Jan 12th if he has been traded which is exciting in its own perspective.

What's a reasonable deal? No one else has said anything? Try checking the myriad of proposal threads for Luongo, or the ongoing Luongo Discussion thread(s). People have been discussing it ad nauseum for the last half of 2012.

Working from the Gillis mantra of what he wants for Luongo:

1.) Impact player: I don't see the Leafs wanting to hand away any of their core players. It makes no sense for them to plug a big whole in goal only to leave themselves open in another area.

The Leafs have no impact player in goal, otherwise why would they trade for Luongo. Also, why would the Canucks want two years of Reimer when they have other options to serve as backup? In instances where I've suggested a goalie could be coming to the Canucks in this deal, the guy was also going to be a UFA at the end of the current season (eg. Theodore).

I don't see the Leafs being able to trade any of what will be their core defence, and anyone who might be available wouldn't be acceptable to Gillis due to cap hit, age, lack of talent, left vs right side, or any number of other factors (eg. Komisarek).

Franson could be used as a pot sweetner. He no longer wishes to be in Toronto if his situation stays the same, and it doesn't look like it will change. Some people have questions about his play, on the other hand some quite like him. He plays on the right side which is a point in his favor. If nothing else, even if he decides to jump ship once he gets to Vancouver, he could probably bring a 2nd round pick when another team signs him as a RFA.

Similar to the defence, the Leafs can't part with guys like Lupul, Kessel, Grabovski, van Reimsdyk etc or a significant part of their offence disappears.

Bozak might be nice, but I see his value being diminished as he will be a UFA at the end of the season and might well just leaf town... Also, concerning Bozak, Gillis might have a player, like Arnott, ready to sign as a UFA. If that is the case, why does Gillis need/want Bozak?

Kadri (assuming he's a roster player rather than a prospect) is apparently playing well enough that Burke could re-think him being in any deal

I'm thinking that Burke would like to keep his core and make the deal one for the future, and if he sweetens the pot enough, Gillis just might bite.

2.) Top prospect: from the forwards, my first pick would be Tyler Biggs. My second choice would be Carter Ashton. I think Biggs is going to be the better player, but Ashton has the extra two years and is closer to being NHL ready. Joe Colborne has some question marks about his play, but he could be a very good 2/3C.

I'm not that sold on the Leafs d-man prospects. There's some guys who might be pretty good (eg. Blacker), but on the whole, if I'm getting a prospect from the Leafs then it would be a forward.

3.) 1st round pick: I don't see Burke wanting to part with his 2013 1st as it is supposed to be a very deep draft.

A 2013 2nd could acceptable as this is supposed to be a deep draft, and if it was a high enough 2nd. Chances are the Leafs would do that much better with Luongo, so this 2nd would likely be somewhere in the lower middle (although the same thing was though about the picks that Boston got for Kessel...).

I think Burke might be willing to part with his 2014 1st. It would likely be a lower middle 1st rounder, but it would still bring a fairly decent prospect to the Canucks to help stock the cupboard.

To Toronto: Luongo, maybe a prospect (contract dump, necessary if option #2 is used)

To Vancouver: Biggs, Ashton, Colborne, 2014 1st OR Biggs, Ashton, Bozak, 2014 1st, Franson

regards,

G.

I don't think so.

I think he is one of there most expendable assets for a big deal like this.

I look at his development the other way, I think he has been treated poorly rather than them being "patient" with him, he should have been in the NHL long ago, yet they have continued to treat him poorly IMO and have been criticized for it.

I think they would be realived to get around the media propaganda that has surrounded him there, and for his sake I also think he would be better served with a change and coming here where we are patient, and have shown we like to give top prospects as much opportunity as possible, it would be good for him. He could go on the stroll Hodgson went on with us last year, fill that spot (or the 2nd line spot) and people would finally move on from the Kassian deal.

If they actually don't want to move him desperately then I would take change the 2nd to a 1st and change Kadri to Bozak (If the season gets going)

you lost me right there

but on topic, Kadri got 29 and 25 games in the NHL the last 2 years, so it's not like he wasn't getting games. And it those games he didn't produce like he should have, so sending him back to the minors to round out his game isn't "treated poorly". He's been putting up PPG while being asked to take on more defensive roles as well. Don't think that's hurting his development rather than rushed to the NHL

And Kadri has only gotten time when the injuries are so bad there is no one else left to call up, they have had players go 20 games without a goal and have been huge minus's yet they have still kept them playing over Kadri, for example last year they called up Kadri due to injuries after they had already called up 3 players. He came up and was one of the better players on the team, was producing well and better than some regulars, he was a + player too and they sent him down. He has been in the AHL putting up PPG #'s for 3 years, he is a career + player, IMO his defensive game is fine, they have treated him poorly.

It seems to me he is always the last player to get called up, then when he plays well they always have to find something to pick apart with him, like saying he isn't good enough defensively even though he is a +.

And if he came here and was given a shot on the 2nd line (Since he can play wing, is a playmaking player, has a great offensive skillset, can play fine defensively) I think it could be a fit, and if not then he is playing on the Wolves with Kassian and we wait for him to help us in the future.

And honestly, Luongo will help them more than Kadri can, and I think he (Lu) will be more important for the Leafs now then Kadri will be in the future, I don't see him living up to his full potential there, thats just my opinion.

I don't really follow the Leafs, nor will I, but I would assume Burke wasn't going to call up Kadri unless there was a spot in the top 6 for him, where he would truly excel. If I remember correctly last year both Grabovski and Bozak were relatively healthy, so calling Kadri up to use him as a grinder would be a real waste wouldn't you think? So instead he sends him back and have him play top minutes in the AHL.

As for the bolded statement, how is that different than what the Leafs have been doing?

So we have been lead to believe that Luongo deal to Toronto will happen once the lockout ends. With the ability to buy out 1 possibly 2 contracts i bet It's Burkes thinking that we buy out Komisarek in the deal. I forsee something like this happening.

To medium.png: Roberto Luongo

To medium.png: Tyler Bozak, James Reimer, Mike Komisarek, TML 2nd 2014

I think the value is properly demonstrated and for doing the buyout the canucks get a 2nd round pick in return with Komisarek.

Bozak would help our 2nd line center positional needs till Kesler is ready to return and also make Kesler Possibly Expendable.

Thoughts ?

True enough.

As a 2RW, Kadri would have perhaps only Kassian as real competition, at least in the short term. Higgins or Raymond could be outside choices, and there's always the slim chance of another trade or UFA signing.

At 3C he would have to compete with Malhotra, Lapierre, Schroeder and Ebbett, and perhaps anyone else Gillis brought in as a UFA (or even another trade). All of these guys are better suited to a 3C role than Kadri (even Schroeder, who has the potential to be a 2C).

Archived