The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] TOR - VAN

In either of the proposals, the return coming here isn't as much as you seem to think. These proposals help the Leafs in the sense that they get the goalie they need at the cost of some good (but not great) prospects while leaving their core and high end prospects in place (eg. Rielly, Gardiner).

No he thinks Hodgson should be seen in an equal light to the Sedins when they were drafted, actually higher, he thinks Hodgson is in a brighter light when the Sedin's were drafted.

I guess we traded away the next Stamkos for the Ben Eager, oh boy what did we do!!! :'(

I would be really unhappy if the OP went through. Although somehow value could be considered close to fair, Gillis would never even consider that trade. The only return that could help us is Bozak, but other than him we have no need for Reimer, who would get stuck behind Schneider and never gain much trade value, then there's Komisarek whose uselessness needs no explanation, and Toronto's second which is nothing to write home about.

About the Leafs not being willing to trade Kadri who they have been very "patient" with... I don't believe this is the case at all and I believe Toronto will be very willing to part with him in a Luongo trade, and a change of scenery for Kadri could only do him well. I also don't think Franson will be part of a Luongo trade because if he wasn't happy with his role on the Leafs, then there is no way he would sign with us to fight for a roster spot.

This is my ideal Luongo trade:

Toronto - Luongo, Raymond & 2013 2nd

Vancouver - Bozak, Kadri & 2013 1st

I think Bozak would be prime for our third line center. Kadri should be given a shot as 2nd line center if Kesler is still injured and then when Kes is back give him a chance on the Kesler's wing.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kadri

Higgins - Bozak - Hansen

Malholtra - Lapierre - Kassian

Weise/Volpatti

I would rotate Kadri, Higgins and Kassian as 2nd line wing and hopefully Kass or Kadri would earn their spot, but if not Higgins would stay on the second line, Kadri would go to the minors and Kassian could develop on the third line with Hansen and Bozak.

This might turn out to be more accurate that you intended in this post.

And you've also called Justin Schultz "overpaid and overhyped", which I also think you'll regret.

But I guess you and your pal G can just hold your collective breaths until sending Luongo to the Leafs brings us back Kadri, Biggs, Colbourne, Ashton, and their 1st. Good luck with that.

I'd be content with a trade based on Kulemin and Bozak plus pick/ prospect (wouldn't mind Jesse Blacker ) for Lu.

Nik's had an off-season but he should be a fit for the playoffs, esp. with the physical style he can play and the fact that the line he plays on the Leafs (with MacArthur and Grabovski) is built around speed on the the rush and making plays down low. That is very similar to the Kesler - Booth line he would join here, and he's pretty decent as a passer too (was looking at someone like Kunitz or Smyth as physical play makers who could fit here but I think Nik's another option, plus he's only 26).

Bozak's depth that can move up the charts, though he'd be a decent play maker for Hansen and Higgins. Blacker also sounds promising, aggressive both physically and offensively.

I don't like it.

Reimer = Lack in terms of playoff experience.

Bozak I think could be good but I don't think he'd re-sign in VAN if other teams are looking for a 2C.

Komisarek? But you already addressed why.

2nd round pick 2014 (presumably late pick)

So yeah, i don't find that very attractive. Much rather keep a Luongo <-> Schneider tandem for the playoffs and wait for a better deal.

As a side note in the event of a trade with TOR... Personally, I'd start with Franson. Because he fills a need. I see that value above Reimer, and nearly equal to Komisarek and Bozak but with RFA status. Or in other words, a back-up G, depth veteran D and 3rd line C could be filled by FA signings or other trades. Finding an equivalent to Franson would be more difficult IMO. Hell, we had to give up Hodgson AND Sulzer to get Gragnani. :bigblush:

Archived