The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shortened Season No Luongo Trade

I've been reading several threads discussing the potential of either buying out Luo or trading him, if and when, the reduced season starts; due to already worked trade deals or new CBA provisions.

If any of you think that Luo is getting traded with 48 games to play, flat out, your dreaming. How does anyone think a trade would be beneficial to the team at this point? A reduced scheduled and the likelihood of a playoff run, requires this team to be loaded from the top down. Reduced schedule, no goalie burnout, plus we haven't seen what Schneider can do when the pressure of starting is on his shoulders; do you really want to throw away the best goaltending tandem in the NHL for HALF A SEASON!!!

Luo's trade value won't crash dramatically from now to the beginning of next season so what's the rush in moving a potentially crucial asset for the playoffs.

I hope Luo stays, gets a cup here, and moves on to a city that appreciates him more.

P.S. If anyone thinks Schneider is the answer and is ready for the season, you obviously haven't seen the Kane goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bSuDvlsuc

I've been reading several threads discussing the potential of either buying out Luo or trading him, if and when, the reduced season starts; due to already worked trade deals or new CBA provisions.

If any of you think that Luo is getting traded with 48 games to play, flat out, your dreaming. How does anyone think a trade would be beneficial to the team at this point? A reduced scheduled and the likelihood of a playoff run, requires this team to be loaded from the top down. Reduced schedule, no goalie burnout, plus we haven't seen what Schneider can do when the pressure of starting is on his shoulders; do you really want to throw away the best goaltending tandem in the NHL for HALF A SEASON!!!

Luo's trade value won't crash dramatically from now to the beginning of next season so what's the rush in moving a potentially crucial asset for the playoffs.

I hope Luo stays, gets a cup here, and moves on to a city that appreciates him more.

P.S. If anyone thinks Schneider is the answer and is ready for the season, you obviously haven't seen the Kane goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bSuDvlsuc

ANSWER: No

But what I am trying to point out is that everyone seems to make Schneider out to be some superhero when in reality, he is simply good, not great. I haven't seen brilliance in net from Schneider like I have at different points with Luo. The Kane goal is there to show how human he really can be, cause quite frankly Kane made him look silly. He didn't even TRY to put out the glove...

You have watched Luongo in the shootout before right?

You base Schneider's ability to be a starter on one shootout goal against one of the trickiest stickhandlers in the game? Okay.

I wouldn't trade Luongo this season, not because I don't think Schneider can't be the starter, but because I don`t think teams will offer us anything that will make us much better this season. A summer trade will bring back alot more IMO.

Who is going the other way on the trade if we trade him. All of you lou lovers were saying before that Cory would never hold up in a 82 game season, now it's that he can't because the season is too short? Ok I'm getting lost. I think that a trade for the right players would help us more then Lou on the bench, others may agree.

Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis might have the biggest challenge juggling a $60 million cap.

With the likes of the Sedin twins and Ryan Kesler under contract, the Canucks have $55.4 million committed to 13 players. CBC

That is without signing Eddy.

I count 23 players on the existing Canucks roster. If this article is correct,there are ten players to sign with the $4.6 m that will remain ,including Eddy.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

This should be good.

The NHL just got a lot less talented.

Has everyone forgot that Luongo has said on more than one occasion

It is time to move on. He is open to a trade, Ect ect.

He does not want to be in Vancouver anymore.

Did Ottawa try to keep heatly when he asked for a trade? No! Why? Because he didn't want to play In ottawa! Did Murray hurt his return by going public with heaters demand? Yes!! Do you think GMs like say MG would learn from examples like that?

I would say so.

We have no cap space with or without the new CBA we have many other holes in our lineup, a backup goalie is not worth 5.33.

Ahh I gotcha.

I've never been a Schneider fan. At least not in the same regard as some of the Schneider worshippers here on CDC. I agree, he's a good goalie..real solid. But I definitely haven't seen the flashes of brilliance like I have from Lu. Trading Luongo will end up biting the Canucks in the ass.

Has everyone forgot that Luongo has said on more than one occasion

It is time to move on. He is open to a trade, Ect ect.

He does not want to be in Vancouver anymore.

Did Ottawa try to keep heatly when he asked for a trade? No! Why? Because he didn't want to play In ottawa! Did Murray hurt his return by going public with heaters demand? Yes!! Do you think GMs like say MG would learn from examples like that?

I would say so.

We have no cap space with or without the new CBA we have many other holes in our lineup, a backup goalie is not worth 5.33.

I still think Luongo is the better goalie, but Schneider is a close second.

Luongo has been horribly mismanaged his whole time here. From playing him too many games, to the whole captaincy debaucle, to hiring a goalie coach to completely change his style at age 31.

I think he can get back to being an elite goaltender. Unfortunately it might not happen here. I think he'll go to another market and Canucks fans will remember how great he was.

Omg, poke check him! lol That was horrible to watch... Nice goal by Kane, bad goal by Schneider. Lu isn't much better in the shootout though so I can't really complain, I really don't think Schneider adjusted too well to the Swiss league. You can bet that he'll do 100% better with the Canucks if the season starts this month though. He's def one to step his game up when neccesary and playing on that team quite frankly, it really isn't necessary. :rolleyes: Damn, I miss hockey! I hope the season starts soon, fingers crossed!

Archived