The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Movie industry:

avelanch

No one gives a flying crap about your "ultraviolet" version of any movie ever made... has anyone actually ever used this? check your records, because I'm positive it's less than .000000001% of all sales of movies sold with an ultraviolet version made available to the consumer. Please stop offering this BS version and charge me less for the movie as a result.

ALSO, if I am buying a Blu-Ray version of a movie, why the hell do you think I want/need/ or would use/watch the included DVD version of the movie? does anyone actually choose to watch a lower res/crappier sounding version of your movie when they obviously have the higher res/fidelity of a Blu-Ray player available to them? please stop including this format in my Blu Ray package and charge me less (or at least offer a Blu-Ray only version for less money)

You realize the format war ended only 4.5 years ago right? Why does it bother you that they offer both? Sounds like good marketing to me. Maybe some people have one blu-ray player at home, but in their vehicle they just have a dvd machine, and they have kids movies still on DVD.

I rarely use the digital copy version. Do I complain when they include it? No.

Life's too short to worry about stuff like this.

You realize the format war ended only 4.5 years ago right? Why does it bother you that they offer both? Sounds like good marketing to me. Maybe some people have one blu-ray player at home, but in their vehicle they just have a dvd machine, and they have kids movies still on DVD.

I rarely use the digital copy version. Do I complain when they include it? No.

Life's too short to worry about stuff like this.

So a movie with swearing makes it better? Because 90% of adult language these days seems to be cursing. Or do you mean rational, intelligent language not written by George Lucas? I.e. "Younglings?"

I'd just be happy with a rational plot, good story, strong characters, and good dialogue.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Actually, I like how they include Blu-Ray and DVD in one, I don't have and will never buy a PS3 and I don't have nor do I foresee buying a dedicated Blu-Ray player in the near future, but my parents do have a Blu-Ray player so when we go over to visit and bring a movie we can watch the Blu-Ray version.

They are turning the Mass Effect franchise into a movie, just got a new writer in 2012. The game was focused on the characters, much like Star Wars/Firefly and was well written, it certainly has the potential to turn into a great movie franchise if they do it well.

Actually, I like how they include Blu-Ray and DVD in one, I don't have and will never buy a PS3 and I don't have nor do I foresee buying a dedicated Blu-Ray player in the near future, but my parents do have a Blu-Ray player so when we go over to visit and bring a movie we can watch the Blu-Ray version.

Archived