Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Secret Santa saves Christmas for Sandy victims

Posted Image
Janice Kennedy hugs Secret Santa after getting a $100 dollar bill from the wealthy philanthropist from Kansas City, Mo./AP Photo/Rich Schultz

On the Road: Secret Santa saves Christmas

Every year a wealthy businessman from Missouri travels to the neediest cities to dole out $100 bills to random strangers he finds in thrift stores, soup kitchens and Laundromats. CBS News correspondent Steve Hartman followed him this year in Staten Island, one of the hardest hit areas by superstorm Sandy. One by one, this anonymous "Secret Santa" lifted holiday spirits and brought tears of happiness.
Janice Kennedy, for one, didn't even want to celebrate Christmas after her home was destroyed in the storm. The mysterious Secret Santa found her in a thrift shop and gave her $300. "It just changed everything," she told Hartman. "I thought, 'We'll get the tree,' and I got happy. For some reason, I had a smile on my face all night."

http://www.cbsnews.c...2012/?pageNum=4

This is not a one off , this guy does this every year .

One person can make a difference

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 04 January 2013 - 04:57 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#2 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,395 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well, I for one, fell good, R... ;) ....but I got back up again.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 04 January 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#3 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well, I for one, fell good, R... ;) ....but I got back up again.

If anyone who reads this thread knows how to edit a title in a thread , please let me know .

I also want to change the title of the thread , rare spiral galaxy , i sent a query to SN admin and did not recieve a reply .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,097 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

If anyone who reads this thread knows how to edit a title in a thread , please let me know .

I also want to change the title of the thread , rare spiral galaxy , i sent a query to SN admin and did not recieve a reply .

Click the small edit link at the bottom of your post, then click the Use Full Editor button in that edit window.

EDIT: See, I just did it!

Edited by elvis15, 04 January 2013 - 04:44 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,171 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

If i had the money, i'd do things like that all the time.
Posted Image

#6 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Click the small edit link at the bottom of your post, then click the Use Full Editor button in that edit window.

EDIT: See, I just did it!

Thank you brother , give a man a fish he eats for a day , teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime :)

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#7 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thank you brother , give a man a fish he eats for a day , teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime :)

..err .. teach him to fish and he spends all his time fishing instead of working .. B)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#8 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

aXmDa9t.gif

#9 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Or dead.

Both work.

/=S=/

#10 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

If i had the money, i'd do things like that all the time.

Absolutely agreed or some other contribution.

Doesn't mean we still all can't help even now. Small donations and helping the food bank always makes a huge difference.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#11 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

It's as nice sentiment.

Posted Image

#12 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Absolutely agreed or some other contribution.

Doesn't mean we still all can't help even now. Small donations and helping the food bank always makes a huge difference.

Right on brother .

If everyone gives a little it can really add up, it really does feel better to give than it does to recieve :)

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.