Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddhas Hand

I hope this makes you feel good

12 posts in this topic

Secret Santa saves Christmas for Sandy victims

secret-santa-AP107203244188_610x344.jpg

Janice Kennedy hugs Secret Santa after getting a $100 dollar bill from the wealthy philanthropist from Kansas City, Mo./AP Photo/Rich Schultz

On the Road: Secret Santa saves Christmas

Every year a wealthy businessman from Missouri travels to the neediest cities to dole out $100 bills to random strangers he finds in thrift stores, soup kitchens and Laundromats. CBS News correspondent Steve Hartman followed him this year in Staten Island, one of the hardest hit areas by superstorm Sandy. One by one, this anonymous "Secret Santa" lifted holiday spirits and brought tears of happiness.

Janice Kennedy, for one, didn't even want to celebrate Christmas after her home was destroyed in the storm. The mysterious Secret Santa found her in a thrift shop and gave her $300. "It just changed everything," she told Hartman. "I thought, 'We'll get the tree,' and I got happy. For some reason, I had a smile on my face all night."

http://www.cbsnews.c...2012/?pageNum=4

This is not a one off , this guy does this every year .

One person can make a difference

Well, I for one, fell good, R... ;) ....but I got back up again.

Well, I for one, fell good, R... ;) ....but I got back up again.

If anyone who reads this thread knows how to edit a title in a thread , please let me know .

I also want to change the title of the thread , rare spiral galaxy , i sent a query to SN admin and did not recieve a reply .

If i had the money, i'd do things like that all the time.

Click the small edit link at the bottom of your post, then click the Use Full Editor button in that edit window.

EDIT: See, I just did it!

Thank you brother , give a man a fish he eats for a day , teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime :)

Thank you brother , give a man a fish he eats for a day , teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime :)

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

If i had the money, i'd do things like that all the time.

Absolutely agreed or some other contribution.

Doesn't mean we still all can't help even now. Small donations and helping the food bank always makes a huge difference.