The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hodgson stresses positives about his time with Canucks

Everybody Hates Raymond

Can't believe anyone can justify blaming managment for trading a rookie who is requesting a trade cause he can't get more icetime, can't take criticism, and can't accept that he has to play behind Henrik and Kesler, I don't understand these people, Coho would have left eventually anyways since he didn't want to be here.

but whatever

Yea im not gonna take what any GM, in any sport, says without a grain of salt. These guys live by covering their own butts and throwing out false information. Not gonna read into Cody's reactions much either, it's very possible he suspected a trade, but that doesn't make much of a difference towards the value or appropriateness of the trade.

I think the "demands" and "riot" that the Cody camp brought up is way overblown. Yea im sure they made more phone calls than most, but still, Cody was like 20 years old living on the other side of a very large country. How many kids go off to college at that age? every one of em has their mom callin them up daily to make sure they're eating enough and have clean underwear n whatnot.

Bottom line, Cody was a key player on the nucks. He is a center, that alone is pretty significant. He was our best secondary scorer and was an anchor on our 2nd PP unit. We traded him for a prospect at the deadline.......... That's just not a contender move, if anything we should be looking for someone to put us over the top for the upcoming run, not 2 years from now.

I get Kassian could turn into a very rare breed of player, and he is one of my favorite players, but Cody held a lot of weight. I do believe we would have beaten LA with him, not because he would have gone beast mode, but simply by balancing the roster and lines with his presence. His PP and shooting skills were sorely missed.

``Bottom line, Cody was a key player on the nucks. He is a center, that alone is pretty significant. He was our best secondary scorer and was an anchor on our 2nd PP unit. We traded him for a prospect at the deadline.......... That's just not a contender move``

Canucks say Eh

Exactly.

Not a contender move and not a move to contend with.

``Bottom line, Cody was a key player on the nucks. He is a center, that alone is pretty significant. He was our best secondary scorer and was an anchor on our 2nd PP unit. We traded him for a prospect at the deadline.......... That's just not a contender move``

Canucks say Eh

Exactly.

Not a contender move and not a move to contend with.

I will say that from my experiance young hockey players that are legit stars in the making, the ones that go top 5 or 10 in the NHL draft, are usually more mature at 16, & 17 than alot of regular people at 19 and 20. That's my honest opinion. So I don't think he needs his mom to call him all the time or whatever.

And all I am saying is when you look at MG's reaction and look at Cody's reaction it's easy to piece together that there were issue's, how serious they were is up for debate, clearly though they were enough to move him from our standpoint.

Cause if you look back at the beginning of the year and the year eariler Gillis praised Cody the most, preached patience and backed him up non-stop whenever the media or our overreacting fan base complained about him and called him a bust.

So there is obviously a reason for a relationship with an organization to change so rapidly. Not that Gillis has any grudge or holds and bad personal feelings toward Cody cause I don't and I don't think he does either but it seems clear putting bias and putting the deal and what we got aside, it seems pretty clear there were issue's on some level.

Bottom line, Cody was a key player on the nucks. He is a center, that alone is pretty significant. He was our best secondary scorer and was an anchor on our 2nd PP unit. We traded him for a prospect at the deadline.......... That's just not a contender move, if anything we should be looking for someone to put us over the top for the upcoming run, not 2 years from now.

Yea im not gonna take what any GM, in any sport, says without a grain of salt. These guys live by covering their own butts and throwing out false information. Not gonna read into Cody's reactions much either, it's very possible he suspected a trade, but that doesn't make much of a difference towards the value or appropriateness of the trade.

I think the "demands" and "riot" that the Cody camp brought up is way overblown. Yea im sure they made more phone calls than most, but still, Cody was like 20 years old living on the other side of a very large country. How many kids go off to college at that age? every one of em has their mom callin them up daily to make sure they're eating enough and have clean underwear n whatnot.

I get Kassian could turn into a very rare breed of player, and he is one of my favorite players, but Cody held a lot of weight. I do believe we would have beaten LA with him, not because he would have gone beast mode, but simply by balancing the roster and lines with his presence. His PP and shooting skills were sorely missed.

The request of a trade, nor implied attitude issues are not proven. Coincidentally, these rumours were only brought to light after the failed playoff run, and by the 1 guy responsible for the trade ( a guy who's job is always on the line and requires smoke n mirrors) Cody has been praised his entire life as a leader and team player. Concerned parties are NOT an exuse to make a hasty trade for someone of lesser value. Certainly not when we have injuries at his position and have put much blame on previous failures due to the lack of a player such as Cody.

It's like trading Schnieder a week after Luongo pulls his groin and then asking why we get swept outta the 1st round with Eddie Lack.

Even if the trade request actually happened, I seriously doubt it couldn't have waited till after the season. Likely we have more playoff success, and get more value outta it too. Though I'm very high on Kass.

So far the trade has done nothing but make life more difficult for the nucks. I don't think that's debatable.

...as Gillis said, it's tough cause we waited so long for Coho to come along, then we traded him when he was finally showning so upside. I understand that but like with Coho and like with the Sedins you just have to be patient...

...as Gillis said, it's tough cause we waited so long for Coho to come along, then we traded him when he was finally showning so upside. I understand that but like with Coho and like with the Sedins you just have to be patient...

Archived