The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hodgson stresses positives about his time with Canucks

Everybody Hates Raymond

Just give him time and let him know you want him to do good, the pressure of fans is the reason why these players with potential bust... lol Duh, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. I see him being a future 20 goal scorer, more of a 2nd line player than a first. Still, let's hope Vancouver fans don't ruin him too.

He didn't deserve to lose his spot, I'm a huge AV hater but Kesler deserves that spot over Hodgson, maybe balance out the minutes a little more but in a tight situation you are going to give Kesler that time over Coho.

Plus we didn't know the extent of his injuries till after the season, so we have to consider we are looking at it in hindsight now.

There were times where I would have argued that Kesler's ineffectiveness (possibly due to injury) should have landed him on the 3rd line, particularly when he started dragging the whole 2nd line down with him. Hodgson's playmaking ability might have helped Booth get into more of a groove at times as well, who knows.

My point was that some people seem to be shocked that AV did not give that spot to Hodgson.........when it is completely obvious that it would never happen no matter what.

But 90% of the time you are right that Kesler probably did deserve that spot over Hodgson.

Even hurt Kesler put up more points than Hodgson in fewer games while playing the shutdown role to boot.

Hodgson started on the 2nd line and did little. On the third line he produced. Traded to Buffalo and they put him on their second line with the same result. He didn't produce until they put him on the third line. I don't think Hodgson is as top 6 ready as some here think. The third line, more often than not, draws the oppositions bottom pair d-men.

Oh I don't know, William Hanley Trophy, Red Tilson Trophy, CHL Player of the Year, Hockey News Top Prospect, leading WJC tournament in scoring (gold), leading U18 championship tournament in scoring while being team captain (gold), OHL coach poll voted the smartest player, the hardest worker, the best on faceoffs, and the best penalty killer (so much for your constant assessment of him being a defensive liability, eh?)

Zack Kassian has one up on Hodgson in one area, though: getting arrested.

Actually reading HF boards alot of Buffalo fans didn't like the deal.

I highly doubt all of them are 100% statisfied with it, some are obviously still living in the dream world that we got destroyed but the longer time goes by it only puts things into perspective and makes things look a bit better for our side IMO.

This is the last time I am going to say it but no matter how much people loved Cody he wasn't going to stay here. he wanted out.

It has been reported he requested a trade right away after us losing to the bruins and in total I have seen reports of cody asking for a trade 2-3 times.

I'm not gunna go into that aspect of it anymore, but the bottom line is he wanted out and we got a good return in Zack.

He didn't deserve to lose his spot, I'm a huge AV hater but Kesler deserves that spot over Hodgson, maybe balance out the minutes a little more but in a tight situation you are going to give Kesler that time over Coho.

Plus we didn't know the extent of his injuries till after the season, so we have to consider we are looking at it in hindsight now.

Archived