The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hodgson stresses positives about his time with Canucks

Everybody Hates Raymond

This changes nothing, he still wanted out due to lack of opportunity to play at a higher position. Kassian was hyped up to be actually worthy of a trade, but he's a dud, either that or 5 years away from being a good enough player to make an impact in this league.

We will never know how Cody would have turned out here.

Mismanagement and ego's dictated his move,not some sad excuses from a GM that got a well deserved royal roasting.

Google : Cody Hodgson ,Vancouver Fan Favourite and you will get 1.6 million entries.

Happy reading.

If you are too lazy to read through one or two go back to this topic that you are all posting your love messages on and read:

The trade continues to generate debate in Vancouver because the Canucks lack depth at the centre position and Hodgson became a fan favourite while overcoming a serious back injury, sustained in training, to become an NHL regular in 2011-12. Meanwhile, Kassian, described by Gillis as a rarely available, prototypical power forward, has yet to display consistency in a Canucks uniform.

We will never know how Cody would have turned out here.

Mismanagement and ego's dictated his move,not some sad excuses from a GM that got a well deserved royal roasting.

Google : Cody Hodgson ,Vancouver Fan Favourite and you will get 1.6 million entries.

Happy reading.

If you are too lazy to read through one or two go back to this topic that you are all posting your love messages on and read:

The trade continues to generate debate in Vancouver because the Canucks lack depth at the centre position and Hodgson became a fan favourite while overcoming a serious back injury, sustained in training, to become an NHL regular in 2011-12. Meanwhile, Kassian, described by Gillis as a rarely available, prototypical power forward, has yet to display consistency in a Canucks uniform.

I admire if Cody has taken the high road....he's a good kid and a talented hockey player. I can't hate on him because he was one of our own and he gave me no reason to...I cheered for him not long ago. Unfortunately, I do think Daddy was likely too overbearing/involved and, when your kid reaches the NHL, you have to let him spread his wings and fly on his own. It's a man's game and the growth into it means you trust in the coaches, systems in place, etc. and the parents role should be in the stands, cheering. Some parents, however, are control freaks and live through their children so they have a hard time doing that. I feel sad that it may have impacted Cody and reflected back to him, when he's just a kid wanting to get out there on the ice. Obviously, I have no inside information or insight into this beyond what I've read - including between the lines.

But to hang on to any ill feelings at this stage is pretty pointless...life goes on. Water under the bridge. Etc. Let the kid play his game for crying out loud and take pride if he does develop into something special that this team played a role in that. Just my two cents.

If you were Hodgson would you have wanted to stay in Vancouver after how the entire situation unfolded with his misdiagnosed injury, his lack of being able to beat out an injured Kesler in the coach's mind, and with a GM who apparently considered you the biggest, whiniest prima donna on the team?

This is also me just pointing out the situation from HODGSON's side. There are just as many if not more reasons the Canucks wanted to see him go. Pretty sure the writing was on the wall there.

In regards to Kassian (and any other player) statistical production is only one part of the equation....yes I have seen your Justin Shultz erection going on in the other thread. Kassian needs to find consistency like all young players. And he needs to play effectively in all 3 zones to do so. Just like Hodgson or anyone else.

Actually that's not why people think he's a troll. It's all the things that came before, the language he uses and the refusal to have a discussion that shows his opinion based on the information he chose to include may be incorrect or skewed.

This "people think I'm a troll because I'm not a cheerleader" crap is tired and wrong.

Archived