The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks should help Canada Juniors to regain glory years

RAMBUTANS

Obviously, Junior hockey in Canada is on the decline. This year is the 4th successive year of debacle. Usually they get away with the reasoning that those eligible Canadians are not playing. Not this time because of the lock out.

As the most successful Canadian team of the new era, I think it's up to the Canucks to help this turn around for the better. As you know, Canuck is the slang for Canadian.

The owner has a vast amount of resources to help the team thru training, selection, technology, scouting, etc.

Never mind Team Canada denied Corrado and maybe Gaunce of their rightful spot but I think it's time to put differences aside and solve the problem that is Canadian hockey.

There are potential minor problems I see like other Canadian teams being jealous or Canadians a minority in the club, these are all small problems and can be easily solved.

I just provided the idea and I'll ask CDC to provide specifics on how to salvage Canadian hockey thru the Canucks.

Eh Oh Canada Go!

Obviously, Junior hockey in Canada is on the decline. This year is the 4th successive year of debacle. Usually they get away with the reasoning that those eligible Canadians are not playing. Not this time because of the lock out.

As the most successful Canadian team of the new era, I think it's up to the Canucks to help this turn around for the better. As you know, Canuck is the slang for Canadian.

The owner has a vast amount of resources to help the team thru training, selection, technology, scouting, etc.

Never mind Team Canada denied Corrado and maybe Gaunce of their rightful spot but I think it's time to put differences aside and solve the problem that is Canadian hockey.

There are potential minor problems I see like other Canadian teams being jealous or Canadians a minority in the club, these are all small problems and can be easily solved.

I just provided the idea and I'll ask CDC to provide specifics on how to salvage Canadian hockey thru the Canucks.

Eh Oh Canada Go!

Eh Oh Canada Go!

When is the last time a canucks prospect has been on Canada's WJC team???

Hockey Canada already has a perfectly good training facility in Calgary not to mention the #1 feeding league into the NHL to dip into in our own backyard.

What Canada needs to learn are how to perform in big games.... the canucks need to learn that too

Hockey Canada already has a perfectly good training facility in Calgary not to mention the #1 feeding league into the NHL to dip into in our own backyard.

What Canada needs to learn are how to perform in big games.... the canucks need to learn that too

You can't decide whether Canadian junior hockey is improving or declining over a 2 week single knockout tournament. A single big play can make the difference between winning and losing a tournament. When we won 5 in a row, we could easily have lost some of those tournaments, and in the last 4 years, we could have won. Does a single big play or a single big game represent the junior hockey of an entire country as a whole? You have to look at the big picture. There are other junior tournaments. But the most important thing is the number and quality of NHL players produced, and we seem to be doing great in that regard.

Besides, many players on the American and European teams actually play in the CHL, which means our junior system is helping them.

Archived