Hansen talbot bergenhiem
Higgins lapieree kassian
Rinaldo

Hammer juice
Garrison ballard
Tanev free agent or prospect

Scheinder
Theodore

Edited by Zachattack09, 05 January 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,332 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I was with you on the Philly deal until I saw Briere

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 Zachattack09

Zachattack09

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Took out briere

#4 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

So our team gets weaker at every position... No thanks. Huge overpayment in the Philly deal, a signed Edler and a pick should be able to get close to that value himself.

However the Florida deal isn't too bad, Weiss would be a great playmaker to play with Kesler and Booth, and Bergenheim has had good playoff success in the past.
Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#5 Zachattack09

Zachattack09

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Philadelphia trade is not a overpayment couturier well be a great 2nd line center and rinaldo is a bone crushing 4th liner.Talbot is a great 3rd liner that can chip in.

Edited by Zachattack09, 04 January 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#6 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Terrible we get worse offensively, defensively and everywhere!

And is no way talbot a 4th liner.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#7 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Forgot Higgins?

And we wouldn't sign Edler to trade him. If we sign him, he's staying with us.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#8 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Forgot Higgins?

And we wouldn't sign Edler to trade him. If we sign him, he's staying with us.

Definitely, and honestly I'd rather keep Edler than move him for a package with Couturier

#9 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Getting both Weiss and Bergenheim for Luongo would be great. Don't know that Florida would go for it, though.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#10 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Van trades
Luongo

Florida trades
Weiss
Bergenhiem
Theodore

Van trades
Edler(signed)
Raymond
Booth
1st vancouver 2014

Philadelphia trades
Couturier
Talbot
Rinaldo

The Florida deal could become Luongo for two years of Bergenheim as Weiss and Theodore are both UFA's after this season. And Weiss has a NMC, so there's no certainty that he'd waive that to come here.

It doesn't look like a good deal for the Canucks, but Florida probably likes it as they give up no assets of any major value for the future of their team (top prospects, picks), and they keep their current team pretty much as it was last season, other than a major upgrade in goal.

The Philadelphia deal is also an overpayment by the Canucks. The Flyers would also be taking on a huge amount of cap with Edler's new contract and Booth's $4.25 million.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#11 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

I actually like Weiss as a rental for Lou, but with a serious prospect. Even though he's a rental, he'll help us in a cup run. But, lets face it, he's a rental so we NEED the prospect to get value in the deal and Bergenheim does not count, nor do we need another LW. Certainly we do not do this deal as a one - off and in tandem it makes no sense either.

I don't mind the value of the Edler deal considering he is UFA and we get Couturier. It could be the basis for a deal and I'm not fussed about making it attractive with Booth cuz we have depth on LW. But I don't see a right D or right wing coming back in either deal which is our holes after 3rd line C. And why do we need Talbot or Weiss if we get Couturier as our 3rd line center? I suspect the Flyers keep their cheap depth center Talbot if they give up their young gun. So that deal would likely be tweaked to a prospect and some salary coming back which is fine anyway! I pull only the Flyer deal after tweaking (still have Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Jensen on left side) and suggest we actually look at securing a right wing and right D amongst the Lou trade and in a free agent pick up.

The Florida deal could become Luongo for two years of Bergenheim as Weiss and Theodore are both UFA's after this season. And Weiss has a NMC, so there's no certainty that he'd waive that to come here.

It doesn't look like a good deal for the Canucks, but Florida probably likes it as they give up no assets of any major value for the future of their team (top prospects, picks), and they keep their current team pretty much as it was last season, other than a major upgrade in goal.

The Philadelphia deal is also an overpayment by the Canucks. The Flyers would also be taking on a huge amount of cap with Edler's new contract and Booth's $4.25 million.

regards,
G.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 06 January 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#12 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I think Weiss is less likely to be traded than you think. As much as they have a face of the franchise right now it is him... he is the guy on posters, billboards etc.

Luongo would of course be the marketing point if he went there, but Weiss is valued in Florida more than his true worth.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#13 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

good proposal..... not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.