Hansen talbot bergenhiem

Higgins lapieree kassian

Rinaldo

Hammer juice

Garrison ballard

Tanev free agent or prospect

Scheinder

Theodore

So our team gets weaker at every position... No thanks. Huge overpayment in the Philly deal, a signed Edler and a pick should be able to get close to that value himself.

However the Florida deal isn't too bad, Weiss would be a great playmaker to play with Kesler and Booth, and Bergenheim has had good playoff success in the past.

I actually like Weiss as a rental for Lou, but with a serious prospect. Even though he's a rental, he'll help us in a cup run. But, lets face it, he's a rental so we NEED the prospect to get value in the deal and Bergenheim does not count, nor do we need another LW. Certainly we do not do this deal as a one - off and in tandem it makes no sense either.

I don't mind the value of the Edler deal considering he is UFA and we get Couturier. It could be the basis for a deal and I'm not fussed about making it attractive with Booth cuz we have depth on LW. But I don't see a right D or right wing coming back in either deal which is our holes after 3rd line C. And why do we need Talbot or Weiss if we get Couturier as our 3rd line center? I suspect the Flyers keep their cheap depth center Talbot if they give up their young gun. So that deal would likely be tweaked to a prospect and some salary coming back which is fine anyway! I pull only the Flyer deal after tweaking (still have Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Jensen on left side) and suggest we actually look at securing a right wing and right D amongst the Lou trade and in a free agent pick up.

The Florida deal could become Luongo for two years of Bergenheim as Weiss and Theodore are both UFA's after this season. And Weiss has a NMC, so there's no certainty that he'd waive that to come here.

It doesn't look like a good deal for the Canucks, but Florida probably likes it as they give up no assets of any major value for the future of their team (top prospects, picks), and they keep their current team pretty much as it was last season, other than a major upgrade in goal.

The Philadelphia deal is also an overpayment by the Canucks. The Flyers would also be taking on a huge amount of cap with Edler's new contract and Booth's $4.25 million.

regards,

G.

I think Weiss is less likely to be traded than you think. As much as they have a face of the franchise right now it is him... he is the guy on posters, billboards etc.

Luongo would of course be the marketing point if he went there, but Weiss is valued in Florida more than his true worth.

Archived