The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bill O'Reilly: Asians Aren't 'By Nature' Liberal

dudeone

Bill O'Reilly: Asians Aren't 'By Nature' Liberal

By Tim Kenneally | The Wrap – 21 hours ago

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-oreilly-asians-arent-nature-liberal-video-223704346.html

Bill O'Reilly has once again demonstrated his mastery of race relations. O'Reilly, who opined in November that black and Hispanic voters cast their ballots for President Obama because they "want stuff" from the government, took a crack at explaining the nature of Asian people -- and somehow found room in his mouth for the other foot -- during Wednesday night's edition of "The O'Reilly Factor" on the Fox News Channel. Also read: "It's Not a Traditional America Anymore... The White Establishment Is Now a Minority" (Video) Speaking with Fox News producer Jesse Watters about the social ills facing Hawaii -- homelessness, addiction, debt -- O'Reilly marveled at how the state could face such woes, given its large Asian population. After suggesting that Hawaii's problems are due to lax drug-law enforcement, O'Reilly let drop with this little gem:

"But you know what's shocking? Thirty-five percent of the Hawaiian population is Asian, and Asian people are not liberal, you know, by nature. They're more industrious and hard-working."

We'll let Asians and liberals fight it out over who should be more offended by O'Reilly's generalization.

Bill may have a point.

Asians in North America are pretty low key and not looking for sympathy or attention like other skin tones. They just go about working hard knowing to idle in self pity makes them no money. Asians are a lot like white people except shorter.

Take for example the Native Indians or the blacks (Sorry if the term is not PC now. It keeps changing by the week.) in the US. Disagree with this group and you will be labelled a racist. For a black person to go on TV, Radio, Movies, Rap music to call the white man every derogatory term in the book or degrade women children or white society in general in their rap music, it's funny and acceptable. For you to disagree with Obama automatically makes you a racist. To call a black person unqualified, lazy, incorrect or mistaken is now racist. If you are interviewing an Asian, Black or a White person for a job, the only correct way of not being a racist is to hire the black person. The Asian or the White will just move on and keep fighting the fight. This applies also to Native Indians also but to a much higher degree.

Waving the race card to garner sympathy has been abused and wrecklessly used. It's tiring. This as a disturbing trend. Because they must walk on eggs, in this present day, white people are the lease racist.

Bill O'Reilly might be correct. It's just too painful on the ego and pride for some to hear.

Bill may have a point.

Asians in North America are pretty low key and not looking for sympathy or attention like other skin tones. They just go about working hard knowing to idle in self pity makes them no money. Asians are a lot like white people except shorter.

Take for example the Native Indians or the blacks (Sorry if the term is not PC now. It keeps changing by the week.) in the US. Disagree with this group and you will be labelled a racist. For a black person to go on TV, Radio, Movies, Rap music to call the white man every derogatory term in the book or degrade women children or white society in general in their rap music, it's funny and acceptable. For you to disagree with Obama automatically makes you a racist. To call a black person unqualified, lazy, incorrect or mistaken is now racist. If you are interviewing an Asian, Black or a White person for a job, the only correct way of not being a racist is to hire the black person. The Asian or the White will just move on and keep fighting the fight. This applies also to Native Indians also but to a much higher degree.

Waving the race card to garner sympathy has been abused and wrecklessly used. It's tiring. This as a disturbing trend. Because they must walk on eggs, in this present day, white people are the lease racist.

Bill O'Reilly might be correct. It's just too painful on the ego and pride for some to hear.

Bill may have a point.

And an ignorant doofus.

Like this comment when O'Reilly was talking about Sylvia's, the world-famous Harlem eatery:

"I couldn't get over the fact that...it was exactly the same [as any other NYC restaurant], even though it's run black, [with a] primarily black patronship." In a culture "dominated by Twista, Ludacris, and Snoop Dogg," noted O'Reilly, "white America" would be surprised to know that "there wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'"

And an ignorant doofus.

Like this comment when O'Reilly was talking about Sylvia's, the world-famous Harlem eatery:

"I couldn't get over the fact that...it was exactly the same [as any other NYC restaurant], even though it's run black, [with a] primarily black patronship." In a culture "dominated by Twista, Ludacris, and Snoop Dogg," noted O'Reilly, "white America" would be surprised to know that "there wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'"

It's actually been empirically proven (in Canada at least) that immigrants of Asian and South Asian descent are more likely to associate with Conservative values. Jason Kenney and the Conservative Party have actually done a good job of targeting this base.

Hi :)

But in all seriousness, I think O'Reilly has a point - he just phrased it wrong. Asians didn't just land on North America with a pot of gold, many, and that includes my grandparents and parents, were forced to work...a lot. Almost all Asian parents are not very liberal as they emphasize on hard work and a self-sufficient attitude (not saying that liberal parents don't emphasize on this, it's just that this is enforced in a much more strict manner). Despite all the spoiled rich Asian kids you see rolling around in their expensive sports cars, a lot of us are living with typical strict Asian parents. Where do you think all those stereotypes came from? Despite all these generalizations that surround Asians, it's true to a considerable extent.

Welfare? Social programs? No. You study your ass off to avoid being dependent on those kinds of things. Back in countries like, Japan, Korea, China, the amount of schoolwork high school kids go through make ours look like nothing. It's just the culture the people are raised in - and it has existed for hundreds of years.

In my specific case, my parents are kinda weird as they were pretty "liberal" when raising me.

But in the end, I don't know O'Reilly just focused in on Asians though...I think this sort of hard-work attitude is instilled in the minds of almost all immigrant families...

Off-topic: I still laugh everytime whenever I see that idiotic book title :lol:

It's actually been empirically proven (in Canada at least) that immigrants of Asian and South Asian descent are more likely to associate with Conservative values. Jason Kenney and the Conservative Party have actually done a good job of targeting this base.

Archived