Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeNiro

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Griffins. 5 pm PST

117 posts in this topic

The Griffins get a bench minor for too many men on the ice. Wolves to the PP to end the 3rd!

God I'm just happy Wolves get a point. They have been playing well. This crowd has kept them far more energized than previous games.

Given the form the Wolves PP is in at the moment, you have to think they should make something happen in a 4 on 3 situation when OT starts.

Schroeder-Kassian down low and Haydar-Connauton at the point to start the 4 on 3.

Our coach doesn't have the sense to make any necessary changes.

I haven't seen that Tanev interview but I hope he was poking at the coaching aswell, it would be nice to know that the best player on the team can see what all the fans see.

End of OT. Shootout coming up. Don't really like the Wolves' chances in this situation and that's not necessarily a slight on them, but rather an acknowledgment of the Griffins' top end skill they have the luxury of putting out.

It's enough that the Wolves came back to tie this thing in the 3rd and that Kassian and Schroeder scored 2 of the 3 goals. I'm content.

Double post.

Anyway, Griffins take the shootout and the game. I reiterate, though, it was still a solid effort by the Wolves to come back in the 3rd.

Cannata needs to start. I know two weak games don't negate the incredible run Climie has been on the last little while, but he's started a ton of games anyway so Cannata should really be getting a few more opportunities in net here.

Final score: 4-3 Griffins in a shootout

Shots: 28-25 Wolves

Scoring:

1st period

CHI Kassian 7 (Ebbett, Hunt)(PP) 9:22

GR Glendening 2 (Ferraro, Hoggan) 11:46

GR Nyquist 11 (Smith, Tatar)(PP) 12:53

2nd period

GR Glendening 3 (Hoggan, Evans) 1:12

3rd period:

CHI Ebbett 7 (Hunt, Sterling)(PP) 8:37

CHI Schroeder 10 (Matheson, Kassian) 12:29

OT:

No scoring

SO winner: GR Chad Billins

Again the Wolves find a way to lose.

The positives:

Schroeder scored again and is on a 4 game point streak

Kassian gets a goal and an assist

That is all.

He was pretty obviously making a reference to the coaching staff. Listening to Baumgartner talk about coaching during the 2nd Intermission was enlightening as well. Really showed just how bumbling the organization is. His answers were quite defensive, as though he felt the need to justify himself and shift responsibility for the team's issues.

Ah. Well as I said before nice to hear fans aren't the only one's seeing this.

As for the game it is nice to see that Kassian and Schroeder are producing.

Infact since the Christmas break Kassian has 6 Points in 4 Games (1G, 5A) and Schroeder has 5 Points in 5 Games (3G, 2A).

Only got to watch the highlights. Looks like Climie let in some stinkers, I'd like to see Cannata get another shot.

This teams is grade A screwed without Tanev and their starting goalie (Lack) in the lineup. They'll also be without Kassian who's tied for end in team pts and possibly Schroeder.

Yeah, with the possibility of the NHL resuming shortly getting stronger, literally by the minute, it's suddenly making me think about just how big of a hit the Wolves will take when NHL games do in fact get on track. Kassian and Tanev will be scooped back up by the Canucks, for sure, and at least one of Ebbett and Schroeder as well. Lack has been out awhile so the Wolves have already absorbed that loss.

The Wolves play Oklahoma tommorrow!

They better be ready to play, or they're going to have a tough time.

I reiterate: I'd really like to see what Cannata can do against a talented team like the Barons. Climie seems to be cooling off a bit and, again, has played a ton of games lately so he could use the relief anyways.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Cannata getting the start tomorrow.

Yeah, with the possibility of the NHL resuming shortly getting stronger, literally by the minute, it's suddenly making me think about just how big of a hit the Wolves will take when NHL games do in fact get on track. Kassian and Tanev will be scooped back up by the Canucks, for sure, and at least one of Ebbett and Schroeder as well. Lack has been out awhile so the Wolves have already absorbed that loss.