The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Consumer Reports gives iPhone5 lowest rankings.

:D

http://www.businessi...1#ixzz2HA7zi3Bm

One of the reasons Apple's stock has gotten clobbered lately is that many people think Apple has lost its edge in its most important product line: smartphones.

The iPhone has been such a mind-boggling success that it drives more than half of Apple's overall profit. And for most of the past five years, Apple has had a lock on the "best smartphone in the market."

In recent years, however, competitors have caught up with the iPhone. Some reviewers think Samsung's new phone is superior to Apple's latest phone. And many people expect Samsung to leap ahead when the new Galaxy S4 comes out this spring.

Another respected product reviewer, Consumer Reports, agrees with those who think Apple has lost its edge.

In fact, Consumer Reports' conclusion is even more depressing for Apple fans.

Consumer Reports actually rates the iPhone 5 the worst of the top smartphones.

CR doesn't spell out the reasoning for its numerical ratings (yet), but the results are still startling.

Below is the summary box of CR's lab tests, which appears in the February issue of the magazine. The numerical ratings are close together, but they're unequivocal.

As you can see, on AT&T and Sprint, the iPhone 5 is rated behind two phones:

* The LG Optimus G (Android) [The what?]

* The Samsung Galaxy S III (Android)

On Verizon, meanwhile, the iPhone 5 is rated beneath at least three smartphones:

* The Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (Android, and owned by Google)

* The Motorola Droid Razr HD (Android, and owned by Google)

* The Samsung Galaxy S III (Android)

Not even ranked in the top 3 at Verizon? Ranked behind Google phones in addition to Samsung phones? That must feel like a bit of a slap in the face.

Apple had better be cranking on the iPhone 6...

Read more: http://www.businessi...1#ixzz2HAQ44haP

GF got the iPhone 5 for a few reasons:

1) Familiarity with the interface (she owned multiple iPod Touches in the past)

2) Smaller form factor

3) iCloud support (she has 2 Macs and an iPad already, so she wanted them all to sync together)

4) Apps

5) The only case she found which she liked was only available for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5

It's not bad, but it's not great either. Not exactly a fan of Android or Samsung either (Samsung has just awful customer service). I wanted her to get the Nokia Lumia 920 but she hates Rogers, her job only offered corporate rates on Telus, and she didn't want to pay to have it unlocked.

For me it comes down to reliability. I have never had an issue with my iphones so I have no reason to switch. Although the iPhone 3G is no longer supported by Apple and you can't download new apps. For that matter many of the apps already on the phone no longer work. Kind of a pissmeoff.

Apple products are popular because of it's design, otherwise everything inside their electronics are the same as the competitor. Apple iPhones have already been surpassed by Nexus 4 which beats it on the OS aspect and Nokia Lumia 920 which beats it on the hardware side of things. The perfect phone would've been the Nokia Lumia 920 with Jelly Bean 4.2. Not knocking off Windows 8 but number of apps is one of the main criteria for many smartphone consumers.

Archived