The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iginla this summer?

cmpunk

I had a thread last summer on who would you rather get Doan or Iginla.

Well Doan re-signed with Phx, and Iginla is a UFA this comming off season. Canucks take a run at him?

I know everyone thinks he won't leave CGY and come to Van of all teams as we are division rivals. But I personally think that rivalry isn't much now and I think Iginla thinks highly of our team and players like the Sedins, and Luongo. He is not going to have many years left in him now, and I am sure he wants to win and CGY is going to have to start a rebuild soon. I think Iginla is not a Flame next season, but they will part ways on good terms.

Think Vancouver has a shot? We will still be a contending top team next year and I think Iginla knows that. And it wouldn't be a far move from CGY for him. I never imagined we could land Sundin, but for some reason I could see Iginla signing with us. Thoughts?

For the right money and term you are damn right I would want Iginla in Van next season. The guy is still a great player but more important he is a quality person. He would fit right in here I think.

Having said that, the quality person that he is would probably be the reason he would go East and not insult to the loyal fans in Calgary by signing with a division rival.

I think he'll just cost too much to be honest. If there is ever going to be a bidding war for a guy who can help get a team over the hump well its going to be for him.

I could see many teams bidding (and everyone would want him), just the cup contenders would offer the most.

Pittsburgh bec of the clear chemistry with Sid

Vancouver

Detroit

Chicago

NYR

Boston

Washington

Just to name a few, and even with the new CBA, someone's gonna throw the cash at him. I think he'd go where he feels his chances are best and a place that's good for his family to Van, Pitts would like rise to the top but really do see him choosing Pit.

Moreover, I think he would really help with guys like Kesler, Kassian, Bieksa to focus their games, and bring the edge back in, If anything, I think MG has to do what it takes but it may be just too hard.

Calgary will continue to sign him no matter what. Their reasoning will be that since they didn't have the balls to trade him for younger talent, they can't stand by and see him go for nothing.

Earlier last season I had suggested that Calgary send him to LA for a young player / picks. In hindsight, that would have been the best thing for Calgary and Iginla. Oh well.

Archived