The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tentative Agreement Reached.

Well, I'm betting he's an insurance policy on Edler leaving. He was supposed to be the smooth skating and puck rushing policy on Erhoff; but it turned he was very uncomfortable on the right side.

But add to the conversation, as much as he played the right side on the PP with Campbell in Florida, that Garrison is also a natural left D. His signature is actually his 220 lb body and defensive play, with his shot being a (big) bonus. Can he play right side as a shut down guy?

Add it up and one of our 4 (Edler, Hamhuis, Ballard, Garrison) left side D should be traded! I like Tanev, but I am nowhere near comfortable with him as our 2knd best right handed shot on D, nor as a Top 4 role at this stage.

Some time ago I read this article about where Rick Bowness plans to play Garrison, it's the left side. He won't be on the right side.

Bowness plans to move either Bieksa or Edler to the right side.

There is no doubt Edler will be re-signed. Ballard will be gone before end of next season, either thru buyout or if MG can pull it off, via trade.

Some time ago I read this article about where Rick Bowness plans to play Garrison, it's the left side. He won't be on the right side.

Bowness plans to move either Bieksa or Edler to the right side.

Edit Here's the article. The author goes into detail and doesn't agree with Bowness so it's worth a read.

There is no doubt Edler will be re-signed. Ballard will be gone before end of next season, either thru buyout or if MG can pull it off, via trade.

Archived