The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tentative Agreement Reached.

i see comments refering to the new cba agreement.

is there a signed agreement to read on the web somewhere or is it from what has bean said through bettmans and dons statements in interveiws that your getting this information. ?

Well, I'm betting he's an insurance policy on Edler leaving. He was supposed to be the smooth skating and puck rushing policy on Erhoff; but it turned he was very uncomfortable on the right side.

But add to the conversation, as much as he played the right side on the PP with Campbell in Florida, that Garrison is also a natural left D. His signature is actually his 220 lb body and defensive play, with his shot being a (big) bonus. Can he play right side as a shut down guy?

Add it up and one of Edler, Hamhuis, Ballard, Garrison on the left side D should be traded? Perhaps even if Edler is not signed!

I like Tanev, but I am nowhere near comfortable with him as our 2knd best right handed shot on D, nor as a Top 4 role at this stage. We need to convert one of those bodies into a right D that also has components of puck rushing (all our guys are passing D), a right shot and size!

Yeah I agree, as I said earlier I don't think Ballard would have stayed regardless of lockout or next year's cap. With Garrison signing here and Edler sure to re-sign I don't think there is room for Ballard and his $4.2 mill salary on this team.

A big punishing Dman is what this team has been lacking for the past few years. They are hard to come buy but this team desperately needs one.

Edit maybe they can trade Ballard for a pick or prospect at trade deadline and get a big punishing type of Dman in a Luongo package.

Archived