The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Contract in New CBA

KmaksNucks

Lets see how Suter goes without Weber???

I'm sure a few teams would still prefer Hamhuis because he is soooooooo steady defensively; virtually all teams when you include contract considerations!

Hammer, isn't really "elite" per say. He's awesome and dependable, but used for more of a shutdown role only.

The likes of Neidermeyer, Lidstrom, Keith, Weber, Suter, etc etc are elite because they are dependable and have that flair to put up points

Many ppl who watch NSH regularly think Suter is better than Weber. Suter was the best Dman in the Van Olympics.

I also look forward to seeing how they do without having each other as playing partner.

Hamhuis is not elite, Weber and Suter are elite. I was a huge Weber fan before he went for the money and signed the Philly offer sheet. My biggest hockey wish was for MG to somehow get Weber on the team. My profile pic was Weber's jersey. But i think Suter is a great Dman and he helped Weber a great deal.

@CraigJButton

I would not trade Luongo if I was Vancouver. High demands on goalies in shortened season. Big advantage for Canucks with Luongo & Schneider

@CraigJButton

If compliance buyouts are still available for teams after season, as has been speculated, then Vancouver can trade or buyout Luongo then.

64.3 CAP is about right for the 13-14 Canucks. Just buying out Ballard gives us mucho flexibility, including retaining Luango (doubtful), and signing Edler. Only concern is that we may not be able to keep Higgins since, were it not for the infection he would have scored around 20G 50P, and if he keeps pace, he must be rated at around 3.5-4 million. Of course, a Lou trade makes all cap problems dissapear.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alex Burows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alex Edler ($5.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,736,944

Doubtfull that Lapierre will merit much of a raise.

Corrado is a longshot for next season, but that salary makes him pretty attractive, plus I get the sense from MG interviews that he is poised to jump ahead of Connauton and Sauve, who haven't really shown much at the farm.

I think the new CBA is very advantageous to the Canucks.

Two buyouts without cap - the opposite of what the Burke's were hoping for.

The cap next year at 64.3 is 4.3 more than speculated.

Keeping Luongo until year's end is more viable - moving him for good value is easier imo.

The fact that people are suggesting we buy out the second best goalie in the league makes me want to puke. Ungrateful Vancouver fans...

I really hope Gillis isn't as mentally challenged as the people on this forum

Buyout one of your biggest asset in the organization...are you freaking kidding me. Every player has a value. If you're buying him out, you lose that value for NOTHING. It's not as if we're screwed if Lu stays on our roster. There's enough wiggle room.

What i am saying ts that out of the teams that are interested, they might not want to give up the assets that MG wants in return. And some teams might want him but not his salary. At the end of the day (or year) if no deal can be made then what are the options? And Lui is driving the bus here... if he doesn't like any options and refuses to waive, Canucks then buy him out and he can sign wherever he pleases to sign.

Archived