The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you going to be boycotting the NHL?

7thMan

After 113 hockey-less days and having gone collectively through all of the stages of grief, we know that the season will start in a couple of weeks and the greedy players have come to an agreement with the greedier owners. But before we have all accepted the fate of the season and gone through a stage of depression, there was a time when most fans were angry and felt powerless. There were many proposed ways to protest the lockout, many of which were rash and unrealistic, but others were possible.

The most practical and widespread form of protest, was the idea that we would boycott the league in some form. As it turns out, however, it's hard to boycott a business that is already withholding its product from you. Now, for the first time since this lockout began, the fans have chance to actually get revenge on the league

So, do you see a point in trying to stick it to The Man? If so, how will you be boycotting the NHL?

You know, we probably should, considering the idiocy that went on during the lockout. However, now that the season is starting (finally) I can't seem to help but have those same old feelings of anticipation I always get at the start of the season.

I don't know if I have the power to ignore what the Canucks are up to this year...

Won't be paying to go to games that's for sure. But I'll definitely be watching at home and hitting up the local restaurants and sports bars. They deserve the support.

To boycott the NHL all together would be more detrimental to me than to them. It's the best quality of hockey in the world, so why would I not watch it?

YES I will be BOYCOTTING the GREEDY NHL players and owners. It's time the fans sent a MESSAGE that we will not take this BLATANT DISRESPECT. The NHL needs to learn a LESSON that.....ah frack it, I LOVE YOU NHL.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I won't refuse to watch games like some fans are doing but I refuse to buy any more canuck merch until the playoffs (I always buy a playofff shirt and a playoff towel) so in that way I will be boycotting the NHL.

If teachers go on strike again will you boycot sending your kids to school when they return to work? If there is another beer strike will you boycott drinking beer when they return to work? How about an airline strike, will you never fly again?

People need to understand that the NHL is in fact a business, not a right. Any business that invloves a union will face labor disputes. Such is life. Welcome to the real world. The crybabies can curl up and suck their thumbs while the rest of us enjoy our favorite sport.

Game on....drop the puck!

If teachers go on strike again will you boycot sending your kids to school when they return to work? If there is another beer strike will you boycott drinking beer when they return to work? How about an airline strike, will you never fly again?

People need to understand that the NHL is in fact a business, not a right. Any business that invloves a union will face labor disputes. Such is life. Welcome to the real world. The crybabies can curl up and suck their thumbs while the rest of us enjoy our favorite sport.

Archived