The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you going to be boycotting the NHL?

7thMan

Lol @ scoobydooby. For a guy who is boycotting the Canucks now, you sure seem to visit their website quite a bit. You've been visiting here several times a day since the lockout ended... I think I'm calling your bluff.

so .................................in conclusion?

Also I really think that this whole lockout was as a result of 8 hardline teams that forced everyones hand.

Jeremy Jacobs you Mitt Romney loving douche Im looking at you.

I don't believe the canucks were one of those teams.

Thus u should not boycott the canucks.

Not to mention the twins donating to childrens hospital.

Bieksas buddies charity game.

Kesler and Bieksas street hockey game.

Players taking less on the team to make it stay competitive.

Rather than taking an easy paycheque in Europe the majority of players on the team stayed together here in Vancouver to practice together

The players on this team are not a bunch of Kovalchuks and Parises, except Luongo and he's on the way out.

That's what I like about the idea of everyone boycotting the first game, not to hurt the NHL financially but if it happened league wide it would be a great statement that fans do matter.

Maybe something like everyone showing up topless to the first game would be more doable but it would take someone with more influence than an average fan to happen.

I as a fan am pissed that the nhl and nhlpa did not once think about us the fans during the lockout, it is for that reason and the fact that they expect us to come back with open arms and forget about the last four months is why I am going to boycott the nhl (no hockey league) this year. I will return to the nhl and the Canucks in septmber. However I will think about watching hockey this year if the nhl do something worth of having the fans return be it if the Canucks drop ticket prices etc. I will think about returning if not then I will not be watching any hockey till next september when the preseason starts.

They didn't treat the fans like anything. It wasn't about the fans nor did it cost us anything. It was a labour dispute and that is all. When two sides are too far apart in negotiations the only way to settle it is by forcing the other side through a work stoppage.That's life.

If you are a true NHL fan then you are actually punishing yourself more than the Canucks. And if you think costing the league money will make it so they never do this again you're wrong. When the CBA ends if teams are losing money there will be yet another lockout to again reduce the players share of the pie.

Two questions:

#1 - Did the lockout cost you your job?

#2 - Did you sit in front of your TV on what should have been game nights staring at a blank screen for 3 hours?

If your answer to both of those questions is no, then the lockout had no actual effect on your life at all and you're crying for no reason.

I don't believe the canucks were one of those teams.

Thus u should not boycott the canucks.

Not to mention the twins donating to childrens hospital.

Bieksas buddies charity game.

Kesler and Bieksas street hockey game.

Players taking less on the team to make it stay competitive.

Rather than taking an easy paycheque in Europe the majority of players on the team stayed together here in Vancouver to practice together

The players on this team are not a bunch of Kovalchuks and Parises, except Luongo and he's on the way out.

They didn't treat the fans like anything. It wasn't about the fans nor did it cost us anything. It was a labour dispute and that is all. When two sides are too far apart in negotiations the only way to settle it is by forcing the other side through a work stoppage.That's life.

If you are a true NHL fan then you are actually punishing yourself more than the Canucks. And if you think costing the league money will make it so they never do this again you're wrong. When the CBA ends if teams are losing money there will be yet another lockout to again reduce the players share of the pie.

Two questions:

#1 - Did the lockout cost you your job?

#2 - Did you sit in front of your TV on what should have been game nights staring at a blank screen for 3 hours?

If your answer to both of those questions is no, then the lockout had no actual effect on your life at all and you're crying for no reason.

Archived