CHI Hunt 2 (Haydar, Sterling)(PP) 10:14

OKC Green 4 (Fedun, Lander)(PP) 14:04

3rd period scoring:

OKC Hartikainen 11 (Green) 3:14

CHI Sterling 10 (Haydar) 7:36

CHI Joslin 2 (unassisted) 13:04

CHI Gordon 8 (unassisted)(SH/EN) 19:46

Three stars: (1) CHI Brett Sterling, (2) CHI Derek Joslin, (3) OKC Josh Green

Thought Climie should have been one of the 3 stars for his 42 save effort in net but oh well. Great game for the Wolves without their best young players. Seems like the veterans really stepped up, as if they realized they had to carry the team now and answered the call. At the end of the day, guys like Haydar, Sterling and Gordon are above average, proven AHL players. A few of them (Sterling/Haydar) are past their prime but should still be capable of carrying the load offensively. They proved that in today's game and hopefully they continue to produce.

Lastly, not that this really concerns us or the Canucks, but Climie might be securing himself as a mainstay in net for the Wolves organization. He's had a great season and a half with them and has shown this season that he can be the go-to guy. He will likely generate interest from other NHL teams in need of a depth goalie next season but it wouldn't surprise me if he was signed by the Wolves for another two seasons, or even signed again by the Canucks to maintain depth at the position.

I know, I think of all this will be great for Rodin, with Schroeder and Kassian likely sticking up here he will get a much improved role with the Wolves, he will go from 3rd line and in and out of the line-up to a counted on top 6 forward, which is nice cause I think he has the skill to do better things at that level than just 3rd line.

And hopefully he gets some points, then people will stop writing the guy off cause they are impatient.

You're crazy if you think AV would rather keep a defensive question mark over a guy like Ebbett (who has already proven to have had AV's confidence) in a shortened season where every single point can be the difference between a top-3 conference playoff seed vs a #9 spot.

Look no further than this statement for confirmation:

http://www.theprovin...7935/story.html

Keep in mind who AV had playing with Henrik & Burrows when Daniel went down to injury...

So are we talking about Lappy or Ebbett?

Ebbett really earned AV's confidence barley playing on the 4th line...... (Sarcasm) and if they are looking at Ebbett v Schroeder on the Wolves I would say they would look at Schroeder.

And honestly how is Schroeder anymore of a defensive question mark than Ebbett? Schroeder is in just as many defensive situations for the Wolves as Ebbett is, Schroeder has defensive awareness and has been an important defensive player everywhere he has been thus-far in his career, and he and Ebbett are the same size and Schroeder is faster, so if you compare them like that I don't think it favours one over the other.

And you can think AV doesn't have confidence in him and that remains to be seen but AV will give him a chance, they already told JS last year that he had earned a call up, so they will surely give him one this year with Kesler out.

Plus a top 6 role is about offense, Schroeder brings more offense than Lappy, and without a 3rd line center now that Pahlsson is gone Lappy will have to play in that 3rd line role, leaving who to take the 2nd like duties? Schroeder.

I definitely see what you're saying but we all know that with AV it's never that simple. If Vigneault really likes one of his grinders or projects, he'll throw that player into the top 6, regardless of his abilities or lack thereof. Do I agree that it makes sense for Schroeder to be inserted into that 2nd line centre spot with Kesler out? Absolutely! Do I think he'll ultimately get that opportunity? Unfortunately, no. It'll be Lapierre in that spot. Book it.

I definitely see what you're saying but we all know that with AV it's never that simple. If Vigneault really likes one of his grinders or projects, he'll throw that player into the top 6, regardless of his abilities or lack thereof. Do I agree that it makes sense for Schroeder to be inserted into that 2nd line centre spot with Kesler out? Absolutely! Do I think he'll ultimately get that opportunity? Unfortunately, no. It'll be Lapierre in that spot. Book it.

Both, and you can throw Higgins name in there for 2nd line duties.

And guess where the 4th line started their shifts 64% of the time when Ebbett was on it? In the defensive zone:

http://www.behindthe...34 45 46 63 67#

Clearly when you are afraid that a player you have is a defensive liability, and you lack confidence in them, you put them out there for D-zone faceoffs when you do put them out there and you put them out there for 10 minutes in a critical playoff game #2 at home when down 1-0 in a series (as evidenced by CoHo's icetime in the Cup run in '10-'11, amirite?).

Archived