The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

I think Jordan Schroeder will have a similar impact to what Hodgson brought to the team last season.

I think like many people here, we've been able to watch quite a handful of games to get an idea of what our prospects look like. I've been extremely impressed with schroeder and his work ethic out there, while his commitment to playing a 2 way game is more evident. I think that is going to bode well for him trying to establish himself within AV's system. I think the one thing Schroeder has going for him over Hodgson is overall speed which is going to help out on the defensive side of things.

I hope he gets a fair shake, he's been nothing but s trooper down on the farm team without any complaints. He might be on of those players that produces more in an NHL environment and better players.

GOOD LUCK SCHROEDER! Canuck Fans want you to make the team!

Hodgson didn't surprise me. He captained Team Canada at the WJC, I think Schroeder will though.

Hodgson in the WJC and with the Nucks was always playing with talented players with finish (Tavares, Higgins, Hansen,etc

Schroeder has never played with extremely talented players on his wings while in the AHL. Apart from Kassian, but even he doesn't play with Schroeder all the time.

If Schroeder sticks with the Canucks for the entire NHL season, how many points do you expect him to put up? (at an 82game pace)

I'm hoping for a 45 pt/82 game pace (15g,30a) while helping kill penalties, and playing a sound 2-way game on the 2nd/3rd line.

Hodgson didn't surprise me. He captained Team Canada at the WJC, I think Schroeder will though.

Hodgson in the WJC and with the Nucks was always playing with talented players with finish (Tavares, Higgins, Hansen,etc

Schroeder has never played with extremely talented players on his wings while in the AHL. Apart from Kassian, but even he doesn't play with Schroeder all the time.

If Schroeder sticks with the Canucks for the entire NHL season, how many points do you expect him to put up? (at an 82game pace)

I'm hoping for a 45 pt per game pace (15g,30a) while helping kill penalties, and playing a sound 2-way game on the 2nd/3rd line.

His skating is top notch and he works hard. I think he could at least fill in at a Raymond level at a lower cap hit. I could see him forming a checking line with Hansen and Higgins next year. I was a little bit disappointed with his offensive awareness. Like Raymond he has skill but doesn't really take charge in the offensive zone.

I'm hoping he gets a real chance at the 2nd line center spot while Kesler is out. Lord knows Max Lapierre isn't really qualified to be a top-six player. He'll have some combination of Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen on his wings which should help him out some.

I'm hoping for a 45 pt/82 game pace (15g,30a) while helping kill penalties, and playing a sound 2-way game on the 2nd/3rd line.

Schroeder has to bring a rounded game like Ronning did.

His assets have to become apparent like Cliff did so well.

Cliff had an 85 point year with the Canucks.Jordan is barely scoring over half a ppg in the A.

He needs to get better ,otherwise,why are you putting out a five foot nine center on the ice?

Trade bait? Nobody but Minnesota will have an interest in him.

I think the kid will do just fine. There will be some bumps along the way, but he has the tools to succeed.

If there are any limitations to him, it would be that he is not the biggest guy in the world, and he has shown an inability (so far) to be able to play on the wing (should that become necessary).

regards,

G.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him, I think he sticks, cause he works really hard and is really determined to make the most of this opportunity, that's what is most important.

His speed will be a huge advantage he will have in sticking and he also is pretty good defensively (Which are 2 things he has over Coho in respect to playing on the 3rd line)

He is also really strong for his size both physically & on his skates, and he is also really elusive so I don't see him getting physically pushed around alot.

I'm excited for this I say he makes it, not sure what to expect in terms of points totals though, maybe 15-20 Points in a 48 games season?

Schroeder has to bring a rounded game like Ronning did.

His assets have to become apparent like Cliff did so well.

Cliff had an 85 point year with the Canucks.Jordan is barely scoring over half a ppg in the A.

He needs to get better ,otherwise,why are you putting out a five foot nine center on the ice?

Trade bait? Nobody but Minnesota will have an interest in him.

Yeah I agree 100%. A guy like Schroeder is a pure playmaker, but sadly I don't think he's around enough good talent to rack up the points. Coming up to the Canucks, he will play with guys like Booth, Higgins, Burrows, etc. who all can finish. He will definetely pour on the assists. I suspect JS will surprise a lot of people here.

The only reason he makes it is so he does not get despondent.

5 foot nine players have to be exceptional to make the second line in the NHL.

Jordan is not exceptional at this stage,not even in the A.

Third or fourth line minutes for ten games and then a call up every15 games to keep his spirits up.

Archived