The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

Schroeder will have to get some swagger imo.

Small players who amount to anything need swagger and a bit of devilment......Imo he always plays like 75% and never shows an aggressive enough attitude.

I hope he realises that in the Canucks he has line mates who need to see what he has .........If he shows up he will find all the help he needs.

Frankly, I think at present Ebbett shows more. Like those above I look forward to being surprised though.

Guest Dasein

Hodgson didn't surprise me. He captained Team Canada at the WJC, I think Schroeder will though.

Hodgson in the WJC and with the Nucks was always playing with talented players with finish (Tavares, Higgins, Hansen,etc

Schroeder has never played with extremely talented players on his wings while in the AHL. Apart from Kassian, but even he doesn't play with Schroeder all the time.

If Schroeder sticks with the Canucks for the entire NHL season, how many points do you expect him to put up? (at an 82game pace)

I'm hoping for a 45 pt/82 game pace (15g,30a) while helping kill penalties, and playing a sound 2-way game on the 2nd/3rd line.

I'm cheering for the guy. It takes more work and more talent for the smaller players to make it in the NHL. I hope he gets a chance and can elevate his game with the more skilled linemates. He's definately the underdog to make the team this year. He could also be the dark horse. Good luck Shroeder!

He isn't offensively dynamic enough for his size. He had that upside but it just hasn't translated in the AHL. He is small so if he can't make plays what the hell is he good for? I'd sooner have a big defensively responsible center.

Just being honest

Archived