The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

That is great and all and I hope I am wrong.

I just don't see how people can be happy with an undersized forward with his point production.

Intangibles are great but they only go so far especially when your small.

He has to score goals.

If he is as smart and skilled as you all say he us then he should make the players around him better.

Blaming a coach for lack of success is also hard to accept.

Don't forget who Arniel has developed.

He didn't just wake up one day and became a bad coach.

He like most any coach needs talent to work with and we can all safely say that there is a lack of that in Chicago. He had something to work with when he coached the moose. Is Mac T a bad coach too? Cause he didn't have any luck either.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Here is the record of those that believe Jordan will make the club and where he will play.

Allow me to tally this record and update and revise it until the NUCKS go with their main line-up after five regular season games or so:

crazy 4 nazzy 2nd line,pimp c 2nd line ,old news 3rd line,RustyShackleford 2nd line,canuck_trevor16 2nd line,DeNiro 4th line,SodaPop 2nd line,spectacular 2nd line,moonshinef 4th line,JimLahey 2nd line,zoolander 2/3rd line,Garrison 2nd/3rd line,bossram 2nd line,playboi third line,Smasshian Kassian 3rd line

I think you should check the stats of Canucks' puck possession while Booth is on the ice. His control of the play is second only to the Burrows-Sedin cycle game. If you see how Kesler and Raymond rate comparatively, it's pretty clear that Booth kept that line from being a total disaster. Booth isn't the hardest backchecker but his defensive ability was brought about by his ability to get the puck out of the zone and create chances. Booth won a lot of battles along the boards, carried the puck and didn't give it up until it was out of play. This is far better defense than eagerly backchecking because you lost the puck in the first place.

But realistically, I don't like the prospect of Schroeder on the second line, but I'd like to see him on the third in the right circumstances..

On the third line, Schroeder would be between Higgins

If they could make Hodgson (who was a slow 185lbs last year) work, they can manage with the faster, grittier Schroeder (180 lbs), who as far as I'm concerned, has every bit as much to work with.

I think Schroeder will make as good a role player as Hodgson did, and would give the third line some scoring punch when needed.

Yeah,it matters,because at the end of the day the opinions will be seen to be what they are.

If it does not matter,why post what you believe?

If you are giving your opinion are you trying to prove something or are you a fan?

If you are a fan then it comes back to opinions.Opinions are not facts and your opinions are noted to be presented at a later date.

Enjoy.

Comparing Shroeder to Hodgson means nothing as the kid is twenty pounds lighter ,probably four inches smaller and has not played an NHL game despite four years of AHL play.

Your facts are not consistent with reality.

I have had enough of your `` Cody love`` immature remarks so try to make some rational statements or just stop.

Archived