The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

what i really like about Schroeder besides his speed and passing. is his shot. the canucks in my opinion dont shoot the puck very well. Outside of Kesler do we really have a forward with an overpowering laser beam like schroeder has?

Ebbet centering our 2nd PP no thank you.

Schroeder played with Colin Wilson and JVR in the WJC.

He'll know what to do playing with guys like Booth, Raymond, Higgins on his wing.

He's a puck distributor and that's what we need on our second line with Kesler out.

Ebbet is a very good player, but I would be more comfortable with him in a bottom 6 role. We can't start the season as a 1 line offensive team and with one PP unit especially with so few games.

In life we get what we give out.I see your hockey discussion and this is where I end your act.

Dasein wishes to call me a troll then I am certainly entitled to call him the ferry man,aren't I?

It is probably lost on the both of you,in any event.

Knock off the innocent act , oldnews, and please just go away,as you promise.

You admit to not watching Wolves games and then base your analysis off of Schroeder's stat line. You don't think there's a flaw in that?

Here let me fill you in on what you should know about the Wolves:

- The coach is a dumbass plain and simple. His powerplay setup and line juggling is dreadful. This effects Schroeder a fu**ton.

- Expanding off the previous point, Arniel constantly juggles Schroeder's line even if the line is producing.

- Schroeder has been the teams best player all season. He runs the play almost every shift

- The veterans have been absolutely awful and their stats show it. AHL stars like Haydar and Ebbet have been flat all season long

- The defense as a unit has been a disaster. Joslin may be the worst player I've seen on defense, he makes players around him MUCH worse.

I could list so much more but let me boil it down for you:

This team is poorly coached and this obviously effects team chemistry and individual players.

Schroeder has been awesome this season and when you factor in the poor decision making by Arniel and his assistants, it becomes surprising how much Schroeder is actually being overlooked. I'm not expecting Schroeder to dominate the calder race or anything, but he is fully ready to make the leap into the NHL and play with players that know how to finish. I hate using the WJC as an example but when Schroeder played with players with equal talent, he lit it up and the stat line you so very much like to base your analysis off of proves that. Hell, his overall play in the WJC proves that.

I can't seem to find the post but a CDC'r compared Schroeder's even strength points to other high rated prospects and it turns out he's keeping par with them on even strength but the difference lies in the PP. Some of the blame is of course on Schroeder but the set-up of a powerplay unit bears more weight then an individuals. Even Malkin didn't put up many powerplay points when the Pens powerplay set up was utter crap (either the 05/06 or 06/07 season).

Do people think the Wolves are some crazy diamond in the rough ? I mean seriously people the team is not that good. The fact you think Arniel is a dumbass explains everything . From 2006-2010 he averaged 40+ wins his entire time there ? In 320 games coached for the moose he has 181 wins! He groomed and molded so many Moose players into the NHL. The Wolves are just plain soft and really could not check there way out of a wet paper bag. The constant line juggling is because the first 2 lines are constantly crapping the bed. Who wouldn't switch it up to get something going ? The team is barely average and needs more skill, toughness and confidence. Let me break it down for you.... We need better prospects PLAIN AND SIMPLE !

181 wins in 320 games is not that great.It means his teams are just barely winning half of the games that he's coached.

And almost half of those wins came when he had Schneider as his goaltender. And even then he was part of a different organization with a team full of veteran players, and his teams still often got outplayed. It was up to Schneider most nights to bail them out. Trust me I know, I watched them.

The only time he did something significant with a team was when he had a stacked Moose team with players like Krog, Jaffray, Grabner, Hodgson, Baumgartner, FIstric, and Schneider.

Trust me his coaching record is not impressive. And the fact that even top AHL players are struggling under him just goes to show that he has trouble motivating his players.

You don't have to be a genius to skate and score with the Sedins - just go to the right place.

Being able to play with the Sedins does not mean you can create offense on your own - which is what a 2nd line center does. Just look at Anson Carter. Sedins can make anybody look good as long as they stay out of their cycle game, and go to the net.

Schroeder can create scoring chances on his own. Lapierre? His NHL career speaks against it.

Reading the quotes from Ebbett,Gilis and now Gilman it is clear what the plan is and always was.

Logic will prevail and Schroeder is not in the equation for this season,albeit for a limited amount of games so as not to destroy his burgeoning confidence.

I like Schroeder, but if Holmgren is dialing in on the Luongo bidding, I want Couturier as much as any young center out there - and if we landed him, it'd only be fair to Schroeder to send him somewhere he's not buried behind the likes of Hank, Kesler and Couturier...

Luongo, Schroeder, Ballard

Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn.

Archived