258 replies to this topic

#151 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

And I recall people saying Hodgson should have gotten 2nd line minutes around these parts last year. But how could a rookie be on the second line of a president's trophy winning team? It's because if we wanna score goals, our offensive players need to be in the top 6. Putting Lapierre as a second line center and expecting to score alot is pretty silly.

:lol: :lol: Oh man this part of your post really killed his non-logical ramblings.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 January 2013 - 04:59 AM.

zackass.png

#152 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

So why were people willing to accept that Hodgson was going to start as the 2C last year on a President's Trophy-winning, Cup-contending team, yet for Schroeder to do the same this season it's an absolute no-no? Must be the difference in hype around them I guess.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#153 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Exactly, I guess all those players are busts too though, just ask nuck nit.

He hasn't played 4 seasons and he hasn't played 4 years.
The fact that he hasn't played any games in the NHL doesn't mean a whole lot.

Yeah,except it escapes you that he has not played any and that he has played in four AHL seasons and participated in three AHL playoffs and still has not seen a minute of NHL ice time.
The kid is not a bust so you and Kassian can put a sock in that lie right now.

#154 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

:lol: :lol: Oh man this part of your post really killed his non-logical ramblings.

Skilled veterans that weigh 227 pounds and can skate with Henrik and Burr and not look out of place have precedence over rookies without a game of experience and come up to the chin of their opponents.
Lappy can fill in for Kes until the Luongo trade comes down and they bring a center man back,which should put the sock in the Schroeder nonsense for a while.

#155 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Jordon is coming up against the same problem as Cody had. The Nuck have two very good centermen that will outplay him for the foreseeable future. If he was on one of the young loser teams, he would have more opportunity. Luckily, he seems to understand that he has work to do before he can get a top 6 role or be traded for a decent asset. I do believe he has surpassed Ebbett and it will be a while before Gaunce is biting at his heals. I would like to see the Nucks reward his hard work with some callups this year. He could fill in on the 3rd line for short periods, especially if he has Hansen and Higgins by his side. The only way he is making this team in the next few years is if he can fit onto the 3rd. I certainly wouldn't write him off, as he has a lot of potential. He may have to reach that potential playing for another team.

#156 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

So why were people willing to accept that Hodgson was going to start as the 2C last year on a President's Trophy-winning, Cup-contending team, yet for Schroeder to do the same this season it's an absolute no-no? Must be the difference in hype around them I guess.

Because Kesler's injured...

Edited by yogolol, 09 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#157 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I hope he does not act like Hodgson did or he might get traded as well.

I think we need to watch guys like this before we call the them great. Anything can happen.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#158 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

You cannot stop Schroeder. You can only hope to contain him.
Posted Image

#159 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Because Kesler's injured...

And Kes was injured last year too...
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#160 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Skilled veterans that weigh 227 pounds and can skate with Henrik and Burr and not look out of place have precedence over rookies without a game of experience and come up to the chin of their opponents.
Lappy can fill in for Kes until the Luongo trade comes down and they bring a center man back,which should put the sock in the Schroeder nonsense for a while.

You don't have to be a genius to skate and score with the Sedins - just go to the right place.

Being able to play with the Sedins does not mean you can create offense on your own - which is what a 2nd line center does. Just look at Anson Carter. Sedins can make anybody look good as long as they stay out of their cycle game, and go to the net.

Schroeder can create scoring chances on his own. Lapierre? His NHL career speaks against it.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#161 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

what i really like about Schroeder besides his speed and passing. is his shot. the canucks in my opinion dont shoot the puck very well. Outside of Kesler do we really have a forward with an overpowering laser beam like schroeder has?

#162 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah,except it escapes you that he has not played any and that he has played in four AHL seasons and participated in three AHL playoffs and still has not seen a minute of NHL ice time.
The kid is not a bust so you and Kassian can put a sock in that lie right now.

Just watch this video.

"As he prepares to start his Third season." This is his third year and he has only played half of it, that is 2.5, it's basic math.

And I don't get it, you first said he was a bust now your saying he isn't? I don't get it.

So what your saying is if someone can play with the Sedins and look decent that means there are better while Schroeder has the ability to create things himself rather than just pick up the point by playing with star players, I love Lappierre but he is a 3rd line center.

I wouldn't even want Bozak over Lappierre.

And are you just saying put a sock in it cause you realize your "4 seasons" argument that u have used 1000 times has been proven undeniably wrong a few times?

zackass.png

#163 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ebbet centering our 2nd PP no thank you.

Schroeder played with Colin Wilson and JVR in the WJC.
He'll know what to do playing with guys like Booth, Raymond, Higgins on his wing.
He's a puck distributor and that's what we need on our second line with Kesler out.

Ebbet is a very good player, but I would be more comfortable with him in a bottom 6 role. We can't start the season as a 1 line offensive team and with one PP unit especially with so few games.

Edited by playboi19, 09 January 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Subbancopy.jpg

#164 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows <---duh!
Booth Kesler Higgins <---If Kass is playing well, then put him on one of the wings
Raymond Schroeder Hansen <---Need for SPEED!
Kassian Malholtra Lapierre <---You don't want to play against our 4th line.

Edited by WiDeN, 09 January 2013 - 07:41 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#165 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

In life we get what we give out.I see your hockey discussion and this is where I end your act.
Dasein wishes to call me a troll then I am certainly entitled to call him the ferry man,aren't I?
It is probably lost on the both of you,in any event.
Knock off the innocent act , oldnews, and please just go away,as you promise.

#166 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Uh, what does that mean? He will not get the ice time that his dad wants himto so he will whine and whinge and request a trade? No thanks man.

Skill wise ya derp

i9o36Pr.jpg

#167 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,985 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Schroeder is an RFA at the end of the season. Do we keep him? Trade him?

When is the trade deadline for the shortened season? February?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#168 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Jeez. At least King of the ES can put his sideways opinions in to decent sentence.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#169 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

You admit to not watching Wolves games and then base your analysis off of Schroeder's stat line. You don't think there's a flaw in that?
Here let me fill you in on what you should know about the Wolves:

- The coach is a dumbass plain and simple. His powerplay setup and line juggling is dreadful. This effects Schroeder a fu**ton.
- Expanding off the previous point, Arniel constantly juggles Schroeder's line even if the line is producing.
- Schroeder has been the teams best player all season. He runs the play almost every shift
- The veterans have been absolutely awful and their stats show it. AHL stars like Haydar and Ebbet have been flat all season long
- The defense as a unit has been a disaster. Joslin may be the worst player I've seen on defense, he makes players around him MUCH worse.

I could list so much more but let me boil it down for you:
This team is poorly coached and this obviously effects team chemistry and individual players.

Schroeder has been awesome this season and when you factor in the poor decision making by Arniel and his assistants, it becomes surprising how much Schroeder is actually being overlooked. I'm not expecting Schroeder to dominate the calder race or anything, but he is fully ready to make the leap into the NHL and play with players that know how to finish. I hate using the WJC as an example but when Schroeder played with players with equal talent, he lit it up and the stat line you so very much like to base your analysis off of proves that. Hell, his overall play in the WJC proves that.

I can't seem to find the post but a CDC'r compared Schroeder's even strength points to other high rated prospects and it turns out he's keeping par with them on even strength but the difference lies in the PP. Some of the blame is of course on Schroeder but the set-up of a powerplay unit bears more weight then an individuals. Even Malkin didn't put up many powerplay points when the Pens powerplay set up was utter crap (either the 05/06 or 06/07 season).

Do people think the Wolves are some crazy diamond in the rough ? I mean seriously people the team is not that good. The fact you think Arniel is a dumbass explains everything . From 2006-2010 he averaged 40+ wins his entire time there ? In 320 games coached for the moose he has 181 wins! He groomed and molded so many Moose players into the NHL. The Wolves are just plain soft and really could not check there way out of a wet paper bag. The constant line juggling is because the first 2 lines are constantly crapping the bed. Who wouldn't switch it up to get something going ? The team is barely average and needs more skill, toughness and confidence. Let me break it down for you.... We need better prospects PLAIN AND SIMPLE !

x_x_tumblr_miyglaKcds1s75lpdo1_500.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#170 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Do people think the Wolves are some crazy diamond in the rough ? I mean seriously people the team is not that good. The fact you think Arniel is a dumbass explains everything . From 2006-2010 he averaged 40+ wins his entire time there ? In 320 games coached for the moose he has 181 wins! He groomed and molded so many Moose players into the NHL. The Wolves are just plain soft and really could not check there way out of a wet paper bag. The constant line juggling is because the first 2 lines are constantly crapping the bed. Who wouldn't switch it up to get something going ? The team is barely average and needs more skill, toughness and confidence. Let me break it down for you.... We need better prospects PLAIN AND SIMPLE !

Almost half of those wins came when he had Schneider as his goaltender. And even then he was part of a different organization with a team full of veteran players, and his teams still often got outplayed. It was up to Schneider most nights to bail them out. Trust me I know, I watched them.

The only time he did something significant with a team was when he had a stacked Moose team with players like Krog, Jaffray, Grabner, Hodgson, Baumgartner, FIstric, and Schneider.

Trust me his coaching record is not impressive. And the fact that even top AHL players are struggling under him just goes to show that he has trouble motivating his players.

Edited by DeNiro, 10 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#171 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

181 wins in 320 games is not that great.It means his teams are just barely winning half of the games that he's coached.

And almost half of those wins came when he had Schneider as his goaltender. And even then he was part of a different organization with a team full of veteran players, and his teams still often got outplayed. It was up to Schneider most nights to bail them out. Trust me I know, I watched them.

The only time he did something significant with a team was when he had a stacked Moose team with players like Krog, Jaffray, Grabner, Hodgson, Baumgartner, FIstric, and Schneider.

Trust me his coaching record is not impressive. And the fact that even top AHL players are struggling under him just goes to show that he has trouble motivating his players.

I will respectfully disagree on the fact that in his first 4 seasons he had an impressive 45, 46, 50, and 40 wins respectively as coach. Yes he had a much better team in front of him. You cant expect to make wine without any grapes ? Many of those players grew into descent prospects under him. The players from those years speak very highly of Arniel. I myself watched many of those games and was impressed with how he coached through tough situations. 2 divisional championships and a finals appearance in 4 years is not to shabby IMHO. I doubt any coach could turn this under powered underachieving squad around. The Wolves are brutal all over the place except for JS he is a pleasant surprise but no way he is 2C material on the NUCKS. I just cant put the blame solely on Arniel the players just dont seem to have what it takes to get it done. If anything the goaltending is seriously an issue and the defense is like the Walking Dead.

Love reading your posts BTW. Always a source for thought :)

Edited by vanfan73, 10 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

x_x_tumblr_miyglaKcds1s75lpdo1_500.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#172 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

You don't have to be a genius to skate and score with the Sedins - just go to the right place.

Being able to play with the Sedins does not mean you can create offense on your own - which is what a 2nd line center does. Just look at Anson Carter. Sedins can make anybody look good as long as they stay out of their cycle game, and go to the net.

Schroeder can create scoring chances on his own. Lapierre? His NHL career speaks against it.

Burrows - do we really need him?

#173 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Burrows - do we really need him?

LOL nice.

I wasn't saying that all players that play with the Sedins can't create on their own. Obviously having a guy like Rick Nash on the Sedins' side would be amazing because all three are amazing. Though not to that extent, Burrows is a smart player and create offense on his own.

I was just bringing up the fact that Lapierre doesn't really create offense on his own and that he shouldn't be given a top 6 role based on the fact that he can produce with the Sedins, because anybody who can skate and has a stick can produce with the Sedins. Obviously we prefer to have someone with some skills like Burrows.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#174 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Andrew Ebbett and Jordan Schroeder are likely candidates to fill in for Kesler,
BUT
.......the club is likely looking to add a depth centre in any Luongo trade.

http://teamradio.ca/...-training-camp/
Laurence_Gilman_with_Sekeres_and_Price_Jan10th~

#175 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Of course they're going to have a backup plan.

There's no way they're going to put all of their faith in a rookie. That would just be bad management.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#176 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Reading the quotes from Ebbett,Gilis and now Gilman it is clear what the plan is and always was.

Logic will prevail and Schroeder is not in the equation for this season,albeit for a limited amount of games so as not to destroy his burgeoning confidence.

Edited by nuck nit, 10 January 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#177 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

work blocked the links for me.. could someone give some bullet points on what was said?

#178 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

i can easily see av putting lappy in there before him

i think tony gallagher is a shrivelled up nut job with with a turn of the century vocabulary but i still think hes right about av having no reason not to put schroeder in there
Posted Image

#179 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I like Schroeder, but if Holmgren is dialing in on the Luongo bidding, I want Couturier as much as any young center out there - and if we landed him, it'd only be fair to Schroeder to send him somewhere he's not buried behind the likes of Hank, Kesler and Couturier...

Luongo, Schroeder, Ballard

Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn.

#180 nucksovereverything

nucksovereverything

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

schroeder and gaunce are very similar players to hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.