The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

2.5 seasons, and the fact that he is only 5 Lbs lighter than Cody and alot faster is quite impressive in my mind, as is to others who have watched him play this year and are willing to be fair in judging him, you don't seem to do either.

i wasnt suprised to see what hodgson did.. actually the worst part is.. he has the potential to be much more than what we saw in a canucks uniform. we just saw glimpses. and now we will see him do it on another team.

we know what we are getting with schroeder. i would be suprised if kassian gets anywhere near bertuzzi-esque.

The point is, we all WANT him to succeed. That is surly a given.

I have already expressed where I stand on this and so there is no point in "tearing the erse" out of it.

If Schroeder does get a chance, my abiding hope is that playing with much better team mates will elevate his game. However for that to happen I feel he must adopt a more ballsy "I belong in this company and I'm going to kick ass" approach...............We will see.

i wasnt suprised to see what hodgson did.. actually the worst part is.. he has the potential to be much more than what we saw in a canucks uniform. we just saw glimpses. and now we will see him do it on another team.

we know what we are getting with schroeder. i would be suprised if kassian gets anywhere near bertuzzi-esque.

I'm about done bothering to respond to you. You're still littering this thread with personal attacks - I mean really - calling Dasein the "ferry" man? Words like that don't make you a bigger man.

We are here to discuss hockey.

You're making ignorant, inciteful comments. What's the point?

He can't seem to get it through his head that 11 games doesn't equal a full season. Neither does the 30 games he has played this season.

Probably cause it hurts his argument that Schroeder is a bust. The reality is, Schroeder is 22 years old. The average age for a player entering the NHL full time is 22. He's right on track.

Now it's up to him to build up some chemistry early on, and force the coach to give him a roster spot.

Look at all of the centers taken around when he was. None of them have exactly exceled at the NHL level yet, other than Marcus Johansson.

Peter Holland - 4 GP 1G 0A

Louis Leblanc - 42 GP 5G 5A

Chris Kreider - 18 PGP 5G 2A

Jacob Josefson - 69 GP 5G 14A

Kyle Palmieri - 28 GP 5 G 3A

De Niro,

Schroeder has played in 4 AHL seasons,participating in three playoff runs,totalling 203 AHL games.

No NHL games played.

Not a mystery except to a few here that think he should start on the second line on a President Cup Champions team.

Sadly most people actually don't. There's alot of people pretending they know what kind of player he is.

But just like with Hodgson, they'll be proven wrong.

I found it hilarious when all of the posters who were constantly calling Cody a bust, all of a sudden jumped on the bandwagon and pretended they knew he was going to be a star all along.

De Niro,

Schroeder has played in 4 AHL seasons,participating in three playoff runs,totalling 203 AHL games.

No NHL games played.

Not a mystery except to a few here that think he should start on the second line on a President Cup Champions team.

And I recall people saying Hodgson should have gotten 2nd line minutes around these parts last year. But how could a rookie be on the second line of a president's trophy winning team? It's because if we wanna score goals, our offensive players need to be in the top 6. Putting Lapierre as a second line center and expecting to score alot is pretty silly.

Jordon is coming up against the same problem as Cody had. The Nuck have two very good centermen that will outplay him for the foreseeable future. If he was on one of the young loser teams, he would have more opportunity. Luckily, he seems to understand that he has work to do before he can get a top 6 role or be traded for a decent asset. I do believe he has surpassed Ebbett and it will be a while before Gaunce is biting at his heals. I would like to see the Nucks reward his hard work with some callups this year. He could fill in on the 3rd line for short periods, especially if he has Hansen and Higgins by his side. The only way he is making this team in the next few years is if he can fit onto the 3rd. I certainly wouldn't write him off, as he has a lot of potential. He may have to reach that potential playing for another team.

So why were people willing to accept that Hodgson was going to start as the 2C last year on a President's Trophy-winning, Cup-contending team, yet for Schroeder to do the same this season it's an absolute no-no? Must be the difference in hype around them I guess.

Guest Dasein

Skilled veterans that weigh 227 pounds and can skate with Henrik and Burr and not look out of place have precedence over rookies without a game of experience and come up to the chin of their opponents.

Lappy can fill in for Kes until the Luongo trade comes down and they bring a center man back,which should put the sock in the Schroeder nonsense for a while.

Archived