The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames Thread - 12/13 Edition

I happen to know some of the top brass from the flames and leafs. There was a proposal put forward by their top executives to merge the flames and the leafs. This would solve several problems that both orginazations currently have.

1. It would solve the leafs goaltending problem.

2. It would solve both teams defensive liabilities

3. It would solve both teams offensive liabilities.

4. They would now have more draft picks stored up

5. Currently the leafs are worth a reported 600 million bucks and the flames around 3 million. so collectively they would now be worth 900 million according to the top executives from both teams.

6. They would have much more power in their fanbase to intellectually challenge canucks fans in arguments.

7. They would spend half as much on sticks.

upon releasing this info to lower management and coaches a fight broke out between jay feaster and dave nonis over who would gm the team. Aparantly Jay feaster was left laying on the floor with icing all over his face while dave nonis walked out with jays box of donuts. Bob Hartly and randy carlyle were seen hugging and crying in the back hall while jarome iginla and mikka kiprusoff had a viscious tug of war over a leafs jersey.

Once the accounting department of both teams emerged from a meeting and informed upper brass that they couldnt combine the respective values of the teams things kind of went sideways from there. Also their plan to base the team somewhere inbetween the two cities fell apart when they realized that was near winnepeg.

I guess us canuck fans will just have to wait to have some good ol canadian competion.

I still believe an Alberta team will make the playoffs this year, but it won't be Calgary. Sorry Flames fans.

Canucks blanked Colorado tonight, which means that Colorado will be desperate for a win tomorrow.

Flames better grab their sacks and get going, because I predict that game will be mean and ugly.

I have to agree with Mustapha. The Oil looks like the Alberta team that is going to push through to the play offs this season. Calgary has looked much better but the Oilers have leap frogged them because of poor Calgary management dating back to Sutter.

Who would you rather watch, Calgary or the Oil at this point.

Vancouver!

Baertschi is out.

FLAMES F BAERTSCHI WEEK-TO-WEEK WITH HIP FLEXOR INJURY

Rookie forward Sven Baertschi will not be suiting up with the Calgary Flames for at least the next week.

The club announced on Thursday that the 20-year-old is week-to-week with a hip flexor injury that he suffered after falling in practice on Tuesday.

"I was skating and my left skate seemed to have caught a rut in the ice and my legs kind of went into a splits position," Baertschi told Calgary Flames.com. "I felt pain immediately and left the ice to have it checked. It's very disappointing to learn that it's a hip flexor injury that will keep me out of the line-up."

Baertschi, who has no points in four games this season, hopes to not be sidelined very long.

"I've started treatments and plan on working very hard at getting back to 100% as quickly as possible so I can help our team be successful and win games."

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414903

Iginla has 0 goals. if he doesn't start scoring and kipper doesn't start saving like he used to last few seasons, calgary is a done deal. I doubt they will make the playoffs which is hard truth since I am a flames fan but it's a reality. Let's go for Seth Jones flames :frantic:

Archived