The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames Thread - 12/13 Edition

To think where the Flames were in 2004 to now is just sad. They were such a feared and hated team. Then Phaneuf started to decline and the trade that ruined everything happened.

Is that to say that Phaneuf held the team together? Absolutley not. But that was the beginning of the end. Everytime I see them play now, they just look like they are going through the motions.

It's one thing to knowingly go through a full on rebuild. Your fans are ready for it and the team that the organization is icing looks "green." It looks like Feaster is trying to ice something competitive, but none of the parts are working out. It's just really sad.

I want the Flames to have a good team. The NW division is not very good, so it reflects on the majority of games we have to watch (even though Calgary does put in a good effort when playing the Nucks).

They still have some nice pieces, but I don't think they have players that can see them through this 're-tooling'. It's kind of looking that they should start trading off some of their vets for picks and prospects and start a full rebuild. Their prospect pool isn't bad, so it probably would be a shorter rebuild than the Oilers (who I think has a pathetic management group).

2013 The Battle of Alberta.......

for the 2014 1st Overall Draft Pick

Who will win? I hope not the Oilers, or they will get the record for the most in successive years in history if they don't hold it yet. God, what a horrendous team.

They have had one of the easiest schedules in the league so far. But their second half is absolute hell with a back-to-back almost every week, and barely any 2+ day breaks.

They needed to make hay early to have a real chance. .500 is not cutting it. I don't see them even coming close to the playoffs. Hopefully for them Feaster will not try to go for it in vain one more time.

Hey guys so I was talking to my friend who cheers for the Flames and she was telling me about this goalie named Macdonald they claimed off of waivers from Detroit. I admit I know nothing about him (though I should) and thought I would pop in and ask about it here.

Did Calgary make a good move or will they continue to well suck........

Hey guys so I was talking to my friend who cheers for the Flames and she was telling me about this goalie named Macdonald they claimed off of waivers from Detroit. I admit I know nothing about him (though I should) and thought I would pop in and ask about it here.

Did Calgary make a good move or will they continue to well suck........

Flames are in position to take a serious run at Seth Jones before the year is out. I feel they're bad enough to be in the hunt, even if they hang onto Iginla. And guys like Mackinnon, Drouin, and Barkov aren't bad consolation prizes. It's probably for the best that Colorado matched that offer sheet.

Flames are in position to take a serious run at Seth Jones before the year is out. I feel they're bad enough to be in the hunt, even if they hang onto Iginla. And guys like Mackinnon, Drouin, and Barkov aren't bad consolation prizes. It's probably for the best that Colorado matched that offer sheet.

Archived