441 replies to this topic

#301 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

lol he has 11pts in 22games as a freshman while playing on an offensively challenged team. Once he fills out he will be fine

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#302 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

lol he has 11pts in 22games as a freshman while playing on an offensively challenged team. Once he fills out he will be fine

You're defending that trade? If I were a Flames fan I would've called for Feaster's head after that deal. Btw 11 points in 22 games isn't anything special.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 12 February 2013 - 03:12 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#303 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

You're defending that trade? If I were a Flames fan I would've called for Feaster's head after that deal. Btw 11 points in 22 games isn't anything special.

Yea, I don't know how flames fans would be happy about that trade or who they took. Unless they're just as delusional as Canucks fans.

Seeing as how Kippersoff is nearing the end of his career, they could have drafted Vasilevski or Subban, and had a big part of their rebuild in place.

Or they could have had any one of the stud forwards such as Wilson, Laughton, Hertl, or Teravainen.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#304 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

ok mini scouts. I'm sure you know a lot more than NHL scouts right? Have you even seen jankowski play? Nope so look at the numbers all you want. He's learning the defensive side of things on the 3rd line. Why wouldn't I like the trade....we got a fan favourite in the 2nd rounder in Sieloff. Guy wears an A for Windsor his first year

Jon Gillies though...... What a stud

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 12 February 2013 - 10:16 AM.

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#305 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Flames' drafting was atrocious until the last few years. Everyone knows that so no sure why you bothered to write all that :lol:

Anyways, Sutters are gone. Ken King won't go anywhere anytime soon so that's that. Feaster and Weisbrod have completely turned the drafting around. So there is absolutely zero point in basing Calgary's future on what it has done 10 years ago when the personnels are different.

It's not just that they didn't draft well. My point was even when they did land an NHL player with value, they rarely got fair value for him. A few of the best players they drafted were simply never signed.

As for the last few years, only time will tell. But the trend of not signing your best prospects didn't change much with Erixon. At least Feaster got something for him though.
Posted Image

#306 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well there's nothing that can be done to fix something 10 years ago so stop beating the dead horse lol

Anywho,

Kipper will be out for 2 more weeks.... Irving played well last night should get the start tmrw

3499h5x.jpg

#307 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I was puzzled by the Janowski pick as well, and of course it can be argued that there were better players there for the Flames to pick, and it's probably true. But that can be argued for almost any pick. We won't really know for another 5 or 6 years, so for now the jury is still out.

For the record, I've heard nothing but good things about Janowski since he was selected, that he was progressing very well, etc. So you never know.

What I don't understand, and this has been true for years.... why is it the Flames seem to hang the backup goaltenders out to dry so often? Curtis MacElhinney, Henrik Karlsson, Leland Irving.... it doesn't matter who it is, if Kipper isn't in goal, the Flames seem to play TERRIBLE team defence in front of them. That surely isn't helping anybody. Not the goalies who get shelled, not Kipper who can't take a night off because management doesn't trust the backups to win games, and not the team, who put themselves behind the 8 ball taking losses that shouldn't be losses.

Irving hasn't been magnificent, but he has been good. He's the reason the Canucks didn't win 8-1 or 9-1 the other night. Didn't look fantastic in the shootout, but Canuck fans of all people should know that a goalie's performance in a shootout isn't exactly the best measuring stick... :lol:

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#308 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I follow Hockey East a little bit when I can(brother played in HE) and someone said on twitter that he had been disappointed with Jankowski's play.

I'm not sure if he meant for the whole season or if he was just going through a bad stretch of games.

Like others have said though, I'm sure Jankowski would have been available in rounds 2 or 3 and the Flames could have had a better player like Gaunce for instance.
Posted Image

#309 tera_ha

tera_ha

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think flame's management mentality is this "As long as we are selling out the arena, who gives a a crap if our team does crap"

At this point, I really doubt they care about us flames fans. Everyone else is right to bash us.

Oilers and flames both didn't make playoffs in last 3 years but look at the drafting result of oilers and compare it to ours.

Management should learn when to tank. Iginla is pretty much done. he looks old and slow on the ice.

God save the flames :picard:

P.S. If the flames fans are ready to see their team tank, why can't the management?

Edited by tera_ha, 12 February 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#310 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Bjugstad, a big center taken in the first round, went straight from high school to NCAA and took the first halfish of the season to adjust, but then came on strong in the end. Now he's considered one of the best in college hockey

Jank has been playing a lot better since he came back from injury. Hopefully he's on Bjugstad's path!

3499h5x.jpg

#311 TheAce

TheAce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was puzzled by the Janowski pick as well, and of course it can be argued that there were better players there for the Flames to pick, and it's probably true. But that can be argued for almost any pick. We won't really know for another 5 or 6 years, so for now the jury is still out.

For the record, I've heard nothing but good things about Janowski since he was selected, that he was progressing very well, etc. So you never know.

What I don't understand, and this has been true for years.... why is it the Flames seem to hang the backup goaltenders out to dry so often? Curtis MacElhinney, Henrik Karlsson, Leland Irving.... it doesn't matter who it is, if Kipper isn't in goal, the Flames seem to play TERRIBLE team defence in front of them. That surely isn't helping anybody. Not the goalies who get shelled, not Kipper who can't take a night off because management doesn't trust the backups to win games, and not the team, who put themselves behind the 8 ball taking losses that shouldn't be losses.

Irving hasn't been magnificent, but he has been good. He's the reason the Canucks didn't win 8-1 or 9-1 the other night. Didn't look fantastic in the shootout, but Canuck fans of all people should know that a goalie's performance in a shootout isn't exactly the best measuring stick... :lol:

The Flames play horrible defense infront of Kipper as well...... Its not as noticable because Kipper bails them out with some amazing saves.

#312 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I think he's confusing Grigorenko with Girgensons, who is cutting his teeth as a pro in the AHL right now.

As for Jankowski, I don't know what to think of that pick. A 1st round pick in the NHL entry draft out of high school?

It's like drafting someone out of Junior B level hockey...it's difficult to assess talent at such a low amateur level.

It's one thing to take a chance on raw talent....completely another to burn a 1st round pick on a longshot like Jankowski.

The Flames were seemingly more hyped up on the kid than anyone else, so I am sure they could have had his rights for much less via trade.

Ah yes it was Girgensons. My mistake. Still with that trade they could've taken any one from the likes of Gaunce, Subban, Maatta etc.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#313 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

ok mini scouts. I'm sure you know a lot more than NHL scouts right? Have you even seen jankowski play? Nope so look at the numbers all you want. He's learning the defensive side of things on the 3rd line. Why wouldn't I like the trade....we got a fan favourite in the 2nd rounder in Sieloff. Guy wears an A for Windsor his first year

Jon Gillies though...... What a stud

I am sure you think every Flames draft pick is a stud.....and I am sure you believe yourself to be completely objective in your assessments too :lol:

If one of those guys ends up playing 500 games in a Flames uniform, mission accomplished. Let's just hope they don't start trading with the Leafs again...
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#314 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I am sure you think every Flames draft pick is a stud.....and I am sure you believe yourself to be completely objective in your assessments too :lol:

If one of those guys ends up playing 500 games in a Flames uniform, mission accomplished. Let's just hope they don't start trading with the Leafs again...

well the awards Gillies keeps getting indicate otherwise, so yeah

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 13 February 2013 - 11:04 AM.

3499h5x.jpg

#315 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74,049 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

@NHLFlames: Danny Taylor has been assigned to the #AHLHeat.

307mg00.jpg

#316 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

well the awards Gillies keeps getting indicate otherwise, so yeah

I think Calgary has a better goalie in their system than Gillies.

Laurent Brossoit is a better prospect playing in a better league.

I don't know what 'awards' Jon Gillies has, but Brossoit went 16-4 in the playoffs with outstanding numbers to help Edmonton win the WHL Championship.

I am a firm believer that if Brossoit hadn't been cut from Team Canada, the team would have come home with a medal.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#317 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Brossoit has posted some ridiculous numbers since he got cut from WJC. Either way both look great

Cammy's back! picked up where he left off in the Detroit game. Take that haters

3499h5x.jpg

#318 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Congrats on beating a team playing their backup goalie and having played the night before.
Posted Image

#319 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Congrats on beating a team playing their backup goalie and having played the night before.

It's quite an improvement from the Colorado game.

Baby steps...
Posted Image

#320 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

2 points B)

3499h5x.jpg

#321 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

2 points B)

2 points that will only hurt your draft position. B)
Posted Image

#322 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

The Flames play horrible defense infront of Kipper as well...... Its not as noticable because Kipper bails them out with some amazing saves.

This year, yes they are playing horrible defence. But even when Calgary was a decent team known for their defensive play, as soon as the backup went in, the team defence disappeared.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#323 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Cammy's back! picked up where he left off in the Detroit game. Take that haters

Trying to figure out what is more likely.....

Either Calgary is suddenly a scoring machine....or Richard Bachman isn't that great a goalie....

4 goals on 10 shots, yeah I am thinking Bachman was pretty bad.

Looks like Brian Elliott is up next for the Flames, and he's almost as bad as Bachman, despite what people thought of him last season.

Calgary will probably get another 4 -5 goals on Elliott. He's that bad.
Posted Image

#324 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I thought Dallas just played poor defense. Bachman isn't that bad of a goalie and Flames just gave it to them with all the cross crease passes. Good to see Iggy and Cammy on a line even if it means Iggy will be the passer. Also really like the Tanguay-Cerveka-Hudler line.

As for Jankowski being drafted that early and right out of high school, it was a risk but he was still ranked pretty high coming into the draft. I've seen a few games of his and the talent is def there. He's just going to take longer to develop.
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#325 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Good test against the blues tonight

3499h5x.jpg

#326 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm starting to really feel bad for Flames fans. It has been obvious for years, and painfully obvious this year, that they need a full on rebuild. And they are, unfortunately, just good enough to maybe make the playoffs, but bad enough to get destroyed in the playoffs. They really need to start the rebuild now, on their own accord, rather then wait until Kipper retires and Iginla has absolutely nothing left in the tank.

There drafting record has been atrocious, and it appears the only way that they can do a proper rebuild is if they somehow draft in the top 5, landing no brainer picks. Take a look at all the Flames best players

- Kipper
- Iginla
- Cammy
- Tanguay
- Bouwmeester (and he's terrible)
- Giordano
- Hudler

Only one of those players was actually drafted by them, and he's only good, not great.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#327 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

another case of no clue what you're talking about. JBo's been awesome

3499h5x.jpg

#328 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

It's amazing how fast 11 games can erase 3 years...
Posted Image

#329 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

It's amazing how fast 11 games can erase 3 years...

Jbo was handcuffed by Brent Sutter, telling him to stay back all the time so the offense wasn't there. He still ate a lot of minutes playing against top players and being good defensively.

Now he's given the green light by Hartley we're seeing the Florida JBo. Always rushing up the ice into the play when he can and swiftly skates back when he has no play. He's thriving under Hartley, better late than never!

3499h5x.jpg

#330 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

He's been "awesome," has he? Awesome? Has the word "awesome" replaced "underwhelming" or "disappointing" in the dictionary now?So, you think Bouwmeester's 90 points and +/- -22 is "awesome" for 257 games played for the Flames? You think the $20,936,930 he's received for playing with the Flames so far has been warranted? That he's exceeded the expectations? Because that's what "awesome" is.Because if you really think about it and admit it to yourself, Jay Bouwmeester has been so far from "awesome" while on the Flames. Like a lot of people, I don't delight in the Flames crapping the bed, and I don't wish the fans horrible hockey. But seriously, please don't sit there and try and convince anyone, especially yourself because that's sad, that Bouwmeester has been anything other then a complete letdown since day one.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.