Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Calgary Flames Thread - 12/13 Edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
441 replies to this topic

#421 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

gonna be a loooooooong night :sadno:

Sorry for your loss. :(
Posted Image

#422 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Iggy is a classy player..always takes his helmet and visor off before a scrap. a real gamer..and has a smile for the TV guys in the intermission...Too bad he was'nt coming to the Canucks.....A no brainer for having his number up in the Flames rafters when he finally hangs em' up.

Would not surprise me to see him re-sign with the Flames...

#423 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

WOULD'VE BEEN NICE IF HE STAYED OUT OF THE NORTHEAST JAY OUR DIVISION IS MURDEROUS ENOUGH AS IS

kb71ZMt.jpg

#424 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Feaster burned at the stake in 3,2,1....
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#425 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

LOL

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#426 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,572 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Isn't this a bad deal for the Flames?
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#427 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Not a flames fan but I am a Jerome Iginla fan wish him all the best...Class act all the way
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#428 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Iggy only wanted the Pens, and the fact that they are unlikely to re-sign him in the offseason just screams the possibility of Iggy returning to Calgary

Let him win his cup and retire in the flaming C!

Go Pens go! :lol:

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#429 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

It would be so hilarious if the Pens lose in his debut.

:bigblush:

#430 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Bruins got trolled :bigblush:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#431 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Weird that i actually feel bad for the flames fans tonight, they lost a classsy classy player.

#432 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Having gone through all this with Linden I have alot of sympathy for the Flames die hards that are watching their heart and soul player go through door and onto bigger and better things.

If he lifts that cup in Pittsburgh you know a part of it will be for his true team

#433 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,927 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Not a flames fan but I am a Jerome Iginla fan wish him all the best...Class act all the way

Aye!
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#434 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

wish good luck for flames after trading iginla its a bitter sad day

#435 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

That's a pretty weak return for iggy imagine if they traded him two years ago could of got a blue chip plus first and roster player.
GO Canucks GO

#436 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

HAHAHAH :bigblush:

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#437 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Ownage as usual, Canucks finish the series 4-1-0 vs cowgary. I love the number of fans on Calgarypuck.com whining and crying. They're looking for any excuse to put the Canucks down, suck it shames! YEEEEOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#438 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Ownage as usual, Canucks finish the series 4-1-0 vs cowgary. I love the number of fans on Calgarypuck.com whining and crying. They're looking for any excuse to put the Canucks down, suck it shames! YEEEEOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!

It was like watching the school bully toying with some one's candy them taking it away.

#439 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble there SVEN but...

Since 2005 Luongo has 259 wins 37 SO and a GAA of 2.52

Since 2005 kipper has 273 wins 37 SO and a GAA of 2.32

Only 14 wins and .2 of GAA average separate the two

Throw a few more games a season in for Lou and it would be nearly identical

KIPP is unreal ! Mad respect to him for sticking it out in the stinkfest that is the Calgary fLAMES. If you didnt have Iginla you would be golfing every year come playoffs. I have been living in Calgary since 86 and the fans just get more ridiculous by the year. The wishy-washy teeter-totter that is the Calgary fanbase is truly laughable. If had a dollar for every time I heard trade iginla or trade kipper after a loosing streak I would be a billionaire.

NEXT !

Hehehe what was that about Kipper posting better numbers ? LOL :D

#440 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hehehe what was that about Kipper posting better numbers ? LOL :D

LOL :P Dam Kipp makin' me look bad ...:(

No1813_comets2_rr.jpgDec2814_jake_rr.jpg

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has" 

-Margaret Mead-

#441 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Flames recall seven players from Abbotsford

Sunday, 21.04.2013 / 10:43 AM / Calgary Flames Transactions
calgaryflames.com

CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today that they have recalled Akim Aliu, Carter Bancks, Paul Byron, Mark Cundari, Leland Irving, Blair Jones and Ben Street from Abbotsford at the conclusion of the Heat season.
Akim Aliu has played 42 games with the Abbotsford Heat this season recording four goals and seven assists for 11 points along with 111 penalty minutes which is a new career high. He has also played three games with Calgary this year on two previous recalls and the Flames are 4-1 with Aliu in the line-up dating back to his first two NHL games last season.
Carter Bancks has played 59 games for the Heat this season registering four goals and seven assists for 11 points and 53 penalty minutes. This is Bancks fourth season with the Abbotsford Heat after signing as a free agent with Calgary in July of 2010.
Paul Byron has played 38 games with the Abbotsford Heat this season scoring six goals and nine assists for 15 points and 38 penalty minutes. Byron was recalled by Calgary on February 12th and fractured his left hand in his first game on February 13th. He has as played 31 career NHL games, 22 with the Flames last season and one this season. He has scored four goals and added three assists for seven points in his 31 career NHL games.
Mark Cundari is currently in his third professional season with 175 games in the AHL. In 58 games this season he has scored seven goals and added 21 assists for 28 points while accumulating 93 penalty minutes. He was recalled by the Flames on April 19th but was reassigned the same day due to the termination of his emergency recall. The Flames acquired Cundari from St. Louis along with Reto Berra and a first round pick in 2013 in exchange for Jay Bouwmeester on April 1st.
Leland Irving played six consecutive games, February 5th-15th with Calgary this season posting a 2-1-1 record, a .883 save percentage and a 3.33 GAA. He was reassigned to Abbotsford on February 16th and since then played 12 games with the Heat going 3-7-2 with a 3.40 GAA and a .884 save percentage.
Blair Jones played 21 games with the Heat this season recording three goals and four assists for seven points and 23 penalty minutes. He has also played the first 11 games with the Flames this season recording one assist and six penalty minutes before being assigned to Abbotsford on February 21st. He played one additional game for the Flames on April 10th where he lead the team in hits before being reassigned back to Abbotsford on April 12th.
Ben Street is in his first full season with the Abbotsford Heat where he is third on the team in assists (22), goals (15) and points (37) in 69 games played. He played two games for the Flames earlier in the season when called up on February 8th and made his NHL debut on February 9th in Vancouver and played his third game in Edmonton on April 13th. Street joined the Flames organization after signing as a free agent on July 2, 2012.

Add in: Baertschi, Horak, Carson, Reinhart and Hanowski

Edited by SterlingArcher, 21 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#442 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

How about that Max Reinhart theminister? He's looking like a good NHL pro.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.