441 replies to this topic

#61 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

All those guys scored more points than Higgins, Raymond, Booth or Hansen which would be your 2nd line as it stands with Kesler out

LOL LAUGHABLE

Well considering that they got these points playing exclusively on the 3rd line with no PP minutes, Im not concerned one bit.

Hansen
G:16 A:23 P:39

Higgins

G:18 A:25 P:43

Now lets compare our 3rd line players to a top 6 forward on your team thats comparible to their skills.

Glencross:

G:26 A:22 P:48

Your top 6 forward has a whopping (with PP minutes) 5 more points than Higgins and 9 points on Hansen.

Now if they get 2nd line minutes like Glencross, I have no doubt they match or better those stats.

Again, with or without Kesler, our top 6 is and will be superior to anything the flames assemble. Our top line alone could win us games so no worries here. ^_^

Take out a player of Kesler's calibre on your team ??? Tanguay? lol and your team looks no different from an AHL lineup.

#62 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Jay Feaster has done a horrible job too, funniest was when they threw all that money at Wideman, like he was a Dan Hamhuis or something, love it.

Wideman is a giveaway machine, I hope he plays on the top pairing and attempt to shutdown the Twins.

He's good at shootouts though :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMdX_A2iLuM

#63 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Well considering that they got these points playing exclusively on the 3rd line with no PP minutes, Im not concerned one bit.

Your top 6 forward has a whopping (with PP minutes) 5 more points than Higgins and 9 points on Hansen.

Now if they get 2nd line minutes like Glencross, I have no doubt they match or better those stats.

Again, with or without Kesler, our top 6 is and will be superior to anything the flames assemble. Our top line alone could win us games so no worries here. ^_^

Take out a player of Kesler's calibre on your team ??? Tanguay? lol and your team looks no different from an AHL lineup.

Keep sippin' the koolaid. If you think your 2nd line is "fine" without Kesler you're in for a rough show.

Plus, Higgins played on the 2nd line while Booth and Raymond rotated, and was on the 2nd PP with Hodgson, wtf u talkin bout

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 10 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#64 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,805 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I missed the bickering back and forth.
Posted Image

#65 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Its also gonna be awesome to see 36 year old Kiprusoff show his old age, and then of course, flames dont have any decent backups, the team is a walking bucket of fail. Iginla is no Kobe Bryant, he wont be able to carry that team.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#66 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Its also gonna be awesome to see 36 year old Kiprusoff show his old age, and then of course, flames dont have any decent backups, the team is a walking bucket of fail. Iginla is no Kobe Bryant, he wont be able to carry that team.

Same beaks every year, yet all Kipper does is post better numbers than 7uongo and Iggy with 30+ goals. Next :lol:

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 10 January 2013 - 04:31 PM.

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#67 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

For some reason a Calgary thread on top of the forum annoys the hell out of me. Can we move this to the spam thread please?

Calgarypuck doesn't have an exclusive Canuck forum, should be the same here,

I'll be back and move you as soon as I become moderator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that.

He is. Lou's yearly save % is just insane. I mean, if you still post a .919% in your OFF-year, then you're still pretty damn good. Whether's it Florida or the Leafs, he's going to benefit those teams big time!

And I looked it up and on the list of all the goaltenders who have hit the 300 win plateau, Marty and Kipper are the only ones on that list to notch 35 wins in a season more than 5 times in their careers and no more than 3 in a row. Lundqvist has done it 6 straight times, though never hitting 40 wins and is yet to hit 300 wins though that's only a matter of time. But Marty's the machine with 12 total 35+ win seasons, with 11 straight. Absolutely nuts! Talk about consistency!

True. But the games are going to be really compressed and the 04 Flames were super defensive with a crazy forecheck, not unlike the 2012 Kings under Sutter. Everything depends on how well Kipper starts. He needs to start STRONG to give us a chance. Without his strong play, forgetaboutit!

Nice to hear rival fans appreciate Lu, especially when a ton of our fanbase can't.

I am interested to see how Baertschi will do, aswell as Cammalleri now that he is starting the season there, was always a Cammy fan. Also (for his sake) hoping J-Bo can turn it around, has all this skills just needs to put it together.

I think you have a shot, you improved quite a bit, may have overpaid in certain areas a bit (Wideman) but perhaps it is for the better, he and Hudler in particular should add alot to the team, even Cervenka aswell (although I don't know a ton about him)

The troll is obvious. Canucks top 6 without Kesler is laughable

2nd line without Kesler isn't laughable but it is certainly a big loss. but the top 6 isn't we still have possibly the best line in the NHL in the 1st slot.

Booth - Higgins - Kassian isn't that bad IMO, not sure what the Flames 2nd line is but I don't think it blows that out of the water, Booth played alot better than he stats showed, Higgins is always reliable wherever he plays and in whichever role, and Kassian has the talent and played well with Booth and Kes last year during the brief time AV realized it was smart to give it a shot, not sure what happened after that. I also think Schroeder is ready to make the jump and show his offensive talent, I think he is better right now than Cody was coming into camp last year myself, lets see if he can follow along the same lines and show his skill.

Still think we have the offensive depth to recover until Kes gets back, it's a hit without him but not laughable.

zackass.png

#68 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Seeing as the mods are gonna allow this thread here's a vid for you Flames fans

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=WAj--5eM630
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#69 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Seeing as the mods are gonna allow this thread here's a vid for you Flames fans

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=WAj--5eM630

;)

3499h5x.jpg

#70 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I apologize on behalf of my fellow Canuck fans.

Some of them are truly ignorant.
They do not like to admit the Flames might actually be decent this season

Remember every team's fans are naturally biased towards their own team, so take what they say with a grain of salt.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#71 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I agree with Stammer. It's uncalled for & ignorant.

I actually like it that other teams fans can be apart of the boards and the discussion as long as they don't just come here to aggravate people.

zackass.png

#72 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Flames thread on a Canucks forum? WTF?

I know. No worries, I'll put them in the cultimultural section when I become moderator.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#73 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I know. No worries, I'll put them in the cultimultural section when I become moderator.

How do you expect that to happen?

zackass.png

#74 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yeah I agree with Stammer. It's uncalled for & ignorant.

I actually like it that other teams fans can be apart of the boards and the discussion as long as they don't just come here to aggravate people.

Too late. Look at Sven Booger's post up.

#75 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Too late. Look at Sven Booger's post up.

He's just reacting to you and that's fine by me, I trust that he wouldn't do that stuff if he wasn't provoked.

zackass.png

#76 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

He's just reacting to you and that's fine by me, I trust that he wouldn't do that stuff if he wasn't provoked.

No, not to me. He was saying take out somebody and the Canucks are an AHL team. If that's not aggravating I don't know what is. If I post something like that I would be trashed on CDC.

I do realize with our proximity to Alberta that there are some Flames symphatizers here.

#77 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Same beaks every year, yet all Kipper does is post better numbers than 7uongo and Iggy with 30+ goals. Next :lol:

Yeah, those two carry the flames into the playoffs every season eh? Next :lol:

Edited by Canucks_fo_life, 10 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

This is OUR year

#78 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

No, not to me. He was saying take out somebody and the Canucks are an AHL team. If that's not aggravating I don't know what is. If I post something like that I would be trashed on CDC.

I do realize with our proximity to Alberta that there are some Flames symphatizers here.

He said Canucks top 6 is laughable without Kesler and I replied to it, but again he was replying to someone else, I'm sure he wouldn't come out and say that without a reason as everyone would rip him (after all this is a Canucks Board) but I'm fine with him defending his team I would do the same.

zackass.png

#79 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Realistically this being a total drag race season Kipp may lead your team into the playoffs regardless off the lineup. The fLAMES may actually surprise some teams this year. I think minny is gonna be a total bust even with the 98 million dollar babies they signed lol. That being said the SHames should start the rebuild now, make some major moves and work through the bugs now. Next year would be so much brighter but Feaster is a total loon IMHO and will bury your team for years to come.

BTW mad props for sticking it out in enemy territory for so long. :ph34r: I was on the fLAMES board for a few years but the heat was literally unbearable lol

Edited by vanfan73, 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#80 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Heck, CDC is getting soft.

CP banned me during our Cup Run 2 years ago for telling the truth....that the Canucks are Canada's team.

That, and I wanted to make the game day thread in Game 6 of Boston vs Vancouver.

#81 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Iginla is my favourite player and so by extension I have a soft spot for the Flames, but I am not very optimistic about this season. I think Feaster has fallen into the same error as Burke in Toronto. He has refused to trade away some key assets (e.g. Kiprusoff) and he has made some splashy moves by signing middle-aged players like Hudler and Wideman while failing to pick up some high draft picks. I think these were band-aid moves.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#82 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

POPULAR

If you call him 7uongo can we call him princess iggy?
Posted Image

#83 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ive had the same experience on calgarypuck during the Canucks cup run for defending the Canucks and being excited for our team. I got banned cause of one night where I partied downtown late after Vancouver beat San Jose to get to the cup finals, I just explained how crazy it was downtown and I guess those losers on calgarypuck couldn't handle it.

If this guy or other flames fans are coming onto our boards and saying stuff like "7uongo", (lame, kirprusoffs had a couple 9 goals against games), then its fair game for us to say stuff like Kiprusieve

This is OUR year

#84 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I swear, Calgary Puck gets mentioned in this thread more often than anything else! Kinda sad really.
Also, to all the people "shocked" that there's a Flames thread, there has been one for the past few years now. Since 08 if I remember correctly.

I can't wait for some Calgary/Vancouver games so that the real bickering can start! Need Schneider to have a crap game so that we can come up with a nickname for him too... :bigblush:

#85 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Ive had the same experience on calgarypuck during the Canucks cup run for defending the Canucks and being excited for our team. I got banned cause of one night where I partied downtown late after Vancouver beat San Jose to get to the cup finals, I just explained how crazy it was downtown and I guess those losers on calgarypuck couldn't handle it.

If this guy or other flames fans are coming onto our boards and saying stuff like "7uongo", (lame, kirprusoffs had a couple 9 goals against games), then its fair game for us to say stuff like Kiprusieve

Defensive aren't you?

Insecurity a problem?

Posted Image

#86 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I swear, Calgary Puck gets mentioned in this thread more often than anything else! Kinda sad really.
Also, to all the people "shocked" that there's a Flames thread, there has been one for the past few years now. Since 08 if I remember correctly.

I can't wait for some Calgary/Vancouver games so that the real bickering can start! Need Schneider to have a crap game so that we can come up with a nickname for him too... :bigblush:

Yeah right now for alot of us there is no really hate between the 2 sides, since there is no hockey & we haven't had much of a rivalry in past years. but now that your team is alot better IMO there will hopefully be alot more close pressure packed, and exciting games. And we can get the rivalry brewing again.

zackass.png

#87 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Defensive aren't you?

Insecurity a problem?

Nope, hate the flames with a passion always have, as crappy as theyve been the hate still burns inside me, especially when flames fans come here and proclaim the flames are actually decent, which they're not. So many problems on that team which will take years to fix IMO

This is OUR year

#88 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah right now for alot of us there is no really hate between the 2 sides, since there is no hockey & we haven't had much of a rivalry in past years. but now that your team is alot better IMO there will hopefully be alot more close pressure packed, and exciting games. And we can get the rivalry brewing again.

I appreciate the support mate but I don't know if we're a lot better. The centre position is still one of the weakest in the league and is quite unproven with Cervenka essentially being the only true centre slotted in the top 6. Not to mention, faceoffs is still a major problem.

Hartley has stressed that he's going with two forecheckers and wants a more up-tempo, puck possession game. How he plans to do that while winning 40% of the faceoffs is beyond me but it is sure going to take a lot of hard skating, inefficient hockey. But hey, I'm no coach so what do I know.

I do like the D though and I think Backlund and Baertschi are both going to play well. And I'm also excited to watch Tangs, Cammy and Iggy play together. The success of that line really rests on Tangs doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of creating plays though I'm expecting Iggy to help a bit on that front. If Tangs centres that line, as has been the news from the practices, then I could see Cammy parking himself in between the goalie and the hashmarks and really create space for Iggy and Tangs to work their magic.

#89 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,805 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

I hate myself for saying this, but I think Flames surprise people and finish around 7th or 8th.
Posted Image

#90 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I appreciate the support mate but I don't know if we're a lot better. The centre position is still one of the weakest in the league and is quite unproven with Cervenka essentially being the only true centre slotted in the top 6. Not to mention, faceoffs is still a major problem.

Hartley has stressed that he's going with two forecheckers and wants a more up-tempo, puck possession game. How he plans to do that while winning 40% of the faceoffs is beyond me but it is sure going to take a lot of hard skating, inefficient hockey. But hey, I'm no coach so what do I know.

I do like the D though and I think Backlund and Baertschi are both going to play well. And I'm also excited to watch Tangs, Cammy and Iggy play together. The success of that line really rests on Tangs doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of creating plays though I'm expecting Iggy to help a bit on that front. If Tangs centres that line, as has been the news from the practices, then I could see Cammy parking himself in between the goalie and the hashmarks and really create space for Iggy and Tangs to work their magic.

Maybe not a ton better like Minnesota Parise/Suter better, but Adding Wideman to your defense aswell as Cervenka and Hudler both who are probably top 6 guys on your squad, aswell as the futher development of Baertschi (if he is as good as expected) then futher development aswell hopefully of guy's like Backlund, Butler and then also Brodie & Horak (if they are on the team, don't know exactly what the depth chart is like).

You guys have gotten better down the middle if Cervenka can go, still not the greatest but better, your defensive improved atleast offensively with Wideman as well as younger guys getting better.

Obviously I don't know a ton about your team being a rival but to me the playoff hopes will ride largerly on Kiprusoff's shoulders once again but as long as Iggy can put up 25-30+, your secondary players can play decent and then your new signings don't disappoint in a big way, I think you have a decent shot at it.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.